Defensive Carry banner

Remora No Clip Holster- I am now a believer!!

83K views 251 replies 106 participants last post by  CurtisLemansky 
#1 ·
Okay, I doubted the claims on the Remora website and even some of the posts here. How in the world could this holster stay put and allow smooth draws while tucked in the waistband of a pair of drawstring shorts/ pants? Well, IT WORKS. I just got my Remora for my Glock G36 and have been used it while running around town the last couple of days. I quickly found that it works best when the body side of the holster is directly against the skin rather than against a t shirt or boxers. It does not shift or slip and allows a smooth draw while the holster stays put. Great holster for casual, non strenuous activities.

Attachments

See less See more
#89 ·
I ordered two of these after reading the first post last week. They are both RFT versions, and are for my Kimber Compact and my S&W 638 J-Frame. I ordered on 10-30 and it shipped on 11-1. They arrived today 11-8. Right away noticed how sticky the outside is against clothing, it's almost like handling fly-paper. I stuck the Kimber in the waistband of my jeans and tightened my belt and proceeded to carry on my normal activities around the house. Keep in mind this is an all stainless steel 4" 1911, it's got some weight to it. Re-holstering one handed worked surprisingly well also, even with the holster being a pretty tight fit since it's still new. The holster didn't drop any at all even when pushing hard on the gun to get it all the way in. After an hour I had pretty much forgotten it was there, and it never once move at all. These holsters really are pretty amazing, the J-frame holster is a little big for the pocket, but I've never been able to pocket carry a J-frame anyway. As a bonus, the Kimber's holster fits my new H&K P7 nicely also. I don't think they will ever replace my CBST, but they may give it a run for the money.

#90 ·
soo i got my holster last night, i think there was some miscommunication in my order,

i wanted it shipped to my work place, instead it got shipped to my house...

and when i opened the package, the holster did not say artemis any where, it looks like the original holster package description show on ramrod's picture on page 2.

when i put my gun all the way in, it completely covers the magazine release and does not offer the full grip shown in ramrod's pictures...

i emailed alan to see if i was sent the wrong holster...

but the holster, like everybody has said, its sticky, and slick on the inside, absolutely no retention. the holster's footprint is alot larger compared to my Mr softy, but in this case, its a good thing, bigger foot print= more gripping surface area.

so far im happy

#91 ·
I'm glad you said something, just noticed mine is being sent to my billing address, not the shipping address I asked for, big problem since I just moved. I wonder if he uses Paypal to generate the shipping labels instead of what's specified when ordering online.

#93 ·
These guys have a great product at a good price and give good service. What more could you ask. Here's some pictures or the Remora 2A for small .380's. I carry the Smith and Wesson BG380 in the holster. Here's the holsster and gun

This shows it used as IWB but untucked

Virtually invisible when tucked
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/doctorbob2/holsters/IMG_0467.jpg

It can even be used as an ankle holster (might want to add thumb break for this...)
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/doctorbob2/holsters/IMG_0468.jpg

My other holsters for the BG380 include a custom leather IWB tuckable, a shoulder holster and an NRA OWB.

#98 ·
Got mine yesterday and am loving it. Carrying a full-size XDm has been no problem at all with jeans. I did notice it dragged a bit on my sweatpants, but it could be the pants, as I'm not sure they fit right, and the drawstring is permanently tied and can't be adjusted. However with street clothes it works wonderful. Wore it under a sweater vest yesterday, and tucked under a shirt today. My wife didn't even notice I had it on till I told her.

#99 ·
I got mine off ebay last week.

I got mine a couple days ago and I can't believe how comfortable it is. I wore my XD9sc in it all day with just athletic shorts on and it stayed in place and was very comfortable, I forgot I was wearing it.

#101 ·
That's pretty much how I got into the Remora holsters myself (appendix carry). My wife actually uses the same holster I do for appendix at around the 5 o'clock position for her. Me with the G27 and her with the G26. Truth be known, she actually likes her High Noon Bare Asset holster over the Remora. She's not as modular with her carry as I am with mine. She's relatively new to carry as well.
What's your GF carrying appendix if I may be so bold as to ask? I have one last #6 for a trial/loaner to any honest forum member who will return it. Shipping to you is no cost, shipping it back is yours. I've got two trials going out Monday. PM me if interested. This is the best I can do for the members interested at this time. Visit the Remora website and make sure of the model you'll need.

#103 ·
My guess is that the High Noon is a clip holster and has a forward cant. The Remora may be more difficult for her to get the position right where she carries and it's more of a straight drop. Like I say, she's new to CC (1 year), and she knows what works for her even though she hasn't really tried much else. The High Noon was her first holster she wore full time for a while. I merely got her to try the Remora since I liked it myself but for a different carry position. What good is research and development if you can't test your theories on someone else? LOL! Men and women are built different. I tend to carry in many positions and with different holsters, and different pistols. In a way, I'm glad my wife has found one, single method and stuck with just one pistol for CC. Sometimes I think to myself that simple is better, and I'm proud that my wife has found what's best for her. She has found a basic foundation for her CC, and the bottom line is that's what's important. I don't even attempt to sway her much with options. It may very well be a male/female thing. The girls seem to be more straight forward and keep things simple more than us guys do. They generally find the answers while we're still asking questions. Just one of those things in life I reckon. Women tend to read maps and charts as us men seem to rely more on the stars. I don't want to say too much here and get involved in a gender bender. Once a woman has made up her mind....support her in any way you can without interference. If you think you've got something better in mind, just wait for the opportunity to throw out more options. That day will be the day she asks you for your input. Trust me.

#104 ·
As a direct result of this thread. I ordered a Remora size 8C for my Taurus 650 revolver. It arrived today (very quick delivery), and I was pleased to find that the same size also works perfectly with my Smith & Wesson 6906 semi-auto. I'll be trying it out "in the field" tomorrow.

#106 ·
You might find an addiction to it actually. I'm still carrying with mine appendix in summer time mode. I have one small fear........I may not get out of it. LOL!
It's the simple answers that usually impress us the most.

#109 ·
So....i received my Artemis, and i wore it around yesterday night, running around trying to get last min prep items for a job interview i had the next day, and the holster did not fall out of my pants while doing light jogs from the parking lot to the store, so im happy! i was wearing a belt btw.

and so today at the interview i was able to tuck my shirt in with it on, im very impressed!!

btw, i got the job, so more funds, more guns, thank God.

#111 ·
Congrats on landing your new job!
So......did you go with the RFT (reinforced top) model holster, or the regular? I'm assuming it's playing the role of your G26 wallet? That's the way I look at my Remora holster.....my baby Glock wallet. Glad you're impressed with yours.

#112 ·
I love my Remora, in fact both of them ... one for the PM9 and one for the Springfield Micro Compact.

I did have some issues trying to tuck a shirt in over the holster; with the shirt tucked it seemed every time the outer shirt wanted to move it took the holster with it, so I've not mastered that and will not experiment with that again for a little while -- I'll just keep a shirt untucked and over the holster and the gun. But I absolutely love this holster, one #4 and one #12, and even the heavy Springfield stays right where it's supposed to stay when in this holster.

I got the sweat guard version, and that seems to keep the gun from pressing up against me; mine are also reinforced tops and I do like that.

#113 ·
I also tried tucking a shirt over the holster without any success. The holster grips the shirt like glue. Oh well, nothing is ever perfect :image035:.

#115 ·
True.
The only ways I've used my Remora holster were between tucked in shirt and pants (with belt), and between my pants and me and a slightly untucked shirt over the top. The way I usually put the holster with pistol in position involved me going with an all tucked in shirt....shoving the package in between my shirt and pants, then pulling my shirt out from in between the package and me and letting the shirt fall over it on the outside. Looks very discreet without seeming too sloppy. Heck....I'm a working man and I tend to look a bit sloppy after a day's work anyway. Heck.....I've seen folks out shopping wearing their pajamas. I've never attempted to wear the Remora holster as a 'tuckable'....and you're right about the "sticks like glue" aspect. This is why I'd never try it for a tuckable. It will come close, but you've got to work at it just like anything else. If they made a specific right/left hand model, then I think I could see some possibilities here. Whether or not the final product would still be considered a Remora holster as designed might be a different story and defeat the original purpose. Maybe we'll try and find out. Input is always good, and yours gets me to thinking.

#116 ·
I just placed my order for the #10 series. Will be using this for the Stoeger Cougar. I wanted to make sure I had the sizing correct so I had emailed Alan @ Remora. Not only was he helpful about the fitment, but he said that he would toss in a single mag holster at no cost. Their CS is great and timely - now just waiting on the product. I will post my thoughts and some pics once it comes in as I have not yet seen any regarding a non-polymer large framed auto.

#117 ·
Good deal! Alan is a good man. Any of you whom have contacted him directly, be sure to let him know where you're coming from, and that you have heard good reviews from this particular forum. I know the man is burning the candle at both ends with the PR and the sales, and customer satisfaction. He's been more than willing to listen to input and special requests.
A review with the "non-polymer, large frame auto" carry would be good either way. I personally got into the Remora holsters for my own reasons and for my own specific purpose. Never actually thought about carrying my full size P220 in one. Realize they have come a long way since I first made contact with them, and they are offering more options now like the RFT and sweat-guard models, and ankle models? I'll tell you one thing about my personal experiences with the Remora holster(s).........that I may very well take up carrying a BUG because of it, and I've seldom ever carried a BUG much less a spare magazine. I like all of my carry pistols to be at the waistline. I've used the SmartCarry, and I like it a lot. For my own reasons...it's very effective, but deep conceal generally makes digging way too deep for me. SmartCarry is for the gym, and Remora is for anywhere else while carrying appendix. I could whoop out another few paragraphs about myself, and what I carry, and how I like to do it easily, but I see no need in doing so. Carry is a personal experience. The Remora holster made things easy for me to do what I wanted to do. In all of my years CCing, this is was the simplest and most effective way of doing what I wanted to do. I've been suspicious myself in the past, and I've always had that "if it seems to bee too good to be true, it probably is" mentalities. But for me, the Remora was indeed a simple answer for my quest.

#120 ·
Just an FYI, and letting all of you know that Alan appreciates all of your input and communications he's received. I'm also extending his Happy Thanksgiving day wishes to the rest of you since I know you all have helped in some way with the process.

Happy Thanksgiving....hope all is well.

Haven't spoke to you in a while.We have had people asking for the Artemis #6.

Wanted to let you know are also going to be adding the series #10 and series #11 to the Artemis style line which will complete the style line for handling all Glocks. The Artemis line will be added to the Remora store sometime in Dec. Keep safe my friend and enjoy the holidays.

Alan

#123 ·
Yes, I read the whole thread (slavering in anticipation), but I have a question:

Would the #6 RFT work for the G30 in a CIWB (Crossdraw IWB), and would it allow the same good combat grip that was discussed in earlier pages on this matter?

#124 ·
Probably. But I'm thinking the Artemis #6 RTF will expose more of the grip. I'm personally not a huge fan of the RTF model although I can see it's popularity. But when I'd think about wearing it (essentially backwards) cross draw on the other side, the upper might not conform well depending on the carry position. Still probably flexible enough to be comfortable. If you're contemplating somewhere around 10-11 o'clock that may do better. Never tried IWB cross draw myself. I've always done this OWB.

#125 ·
Just received my Ramora # 10 (w/ sweat shield) for my Glock 23, and the Remora 8C for my S&W 340PD. Both arrived within a week of ordering, even with the holiday thrown in.
I'm wearing the Glock in the #10 now (though it also fits very well in the 8C). The holster is totally secure, and very comfortable at the 3:30 position. Draw is excellent, but because I did not order a reinforced mouth, re-holstering is 2-handed. Not an issue for me, considering the intended use of this set-up.
Because the 8C is cut down (no sweat shield), and yet still holds the 23 well, I can see it for cross-draw use, or when seated in the car.
Long road trip tomorrow, I'll follow up with how these holsters ride.
Bottom line, I'm impressed, and happy I ordered them. They perform not only as advertised, but also as hyped. They are comfortable, well-made, and incorporate a simple yet smart design. I can already tell that these will see more use than my hybrid, Crossbreed-type rig.
Thanks, Alan...it was a pleasure doing business with you.
John

#126 ·
I am new to the forum and I must admit, I am not a big gun guy. Well, that was until I just got my new gun. I am a police detective and we carry G27 as our issued detective guns, but I found it big to carry as an off duty gun. So, I never carried, which is crazy. Anyway, I researched an bought a great gun, a KAHR PM40. Now I need to find a holster to carry. I ordered a CBMT and I have been waiting for a couple weeks. Anyway, I stumbled across the forum about REMORA holsters and I am intrigued. I went on their website and I can not find any holster that fits the PM40. Does anyone have any suggestions. Like I said I am not a big gun guy, until now. Now I am on the gun forums and I am going to me first gun show next week. I love my KAHR. I have about 350 rounds through her and she kicks like a mule. I LOVE IT, FEEL THE POWER. Anyways, thanks for your time and any help will be appreciated.

#131 ·
#128 ·
John,
Actually I am the type of guy who over researches equipment before I buy. I stumbled up a review, I can not remember what the name is, ( I am sure if you search remora holster review you will eventually find the review too) Anyways, this guy had the holster and an unloaded glock in it, he was in a grappling class and the holster never moved and the gun never fell out. The video also shows a female with the holster and glock doing forward rolls, sideway rolls and even did a handstand then walked on her hands and the gun and holster stayed where it was. Check em out, I did.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.