Remora No Clip Holster- I am now a believer!!

This is a discussion on Remora No Clip Holster- I am now a believer!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I doubted the claims on the Remora website and even some of the posts here. How in the world could this holster stay put ...

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Remora No Clip Holster- I am now a believer!!

Remora No Clip Holster- I am now a believer!!

Okay, I doubted the claims on the Remora website and even some of the posts here. How in the world could this holster stay put and allow smooth draws while tucked in the waistband of a pair of drawstring shorts/ pants? Well, IT WORKS. I just got my Remora for my Glock G36 and have been used it while running around town the last couple of days. I quickly found that it works best when the body side of the holster is directly against the skin rather than against a t shirt or boxers. It does not shift or slip and allows a smooth draw while the holster stays put. Great holster for casual, non strenuous activities.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Your G36 sits in the Remora just like my G26 and G30 do; I'd like a little more purchase on the grip. But, I agree, these are a great addition to my stable of holsters and, as was posted somewhere else, the folks at Remora are developing gun-specific holsters. Ditto i on the drawstring shorts: this thing really sticks to the skin.

do you use the mag pouches as well? if so, is that mag pouch too "deep" for the G26 short mag?

any concern in your use with a light jog and things jiggling loose?

thanks!

I'm glad you like it! Good review. I've been working with the manufacturer on the more specific Glock holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post
    I'd like a little more purchase on the grip. But, I agree, these are a great addition to my stable of holsters and, as was posted somewhere else, the folks at Remora are developing gun-specific holsters. Ditto i on the drawstring shorts: this thing really sticks to the skin.
    That's where we're headed on this ordeal.
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

I just don't find the holster and/or weapon up against my skin comfortable. But if it works for y'all that's great.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Add a couple rows of suction cups and you'll be able to hop out of the shower and slap that bad boy anywhere.

I will not carry any holster against my skin. How does the holster do against a tucked in tank top or undershirt?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

How about all day carry?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've carried with the Remora Holster, all day with no problems. I highly recommend it.

They're working on the size issue. I believe that their holsters are a little large for what gun they're made for.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

RKM
    I have a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster for my MK40 that I've experimented with this kind of carry. I like the security of a clip. It just doesn't feel secure. And the Desantis Holster is basically the Remora, same rubbery outside material but it was a "hook" type of thing sticking out to catch in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by hre814 View Post
    do you use the mag pouches as well? if so, is that mag pouch too "deep" for the G26 short mag?

any concern in your use with a light jog and things jiggling loose?

thanks!
    Don't have the mag pouches. I personally would not feel it to be secure enough even for a light jog. If I had to move fast with it, I would hold it in place with my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cop 1 View Post
    Don't have the mag pouches. I personally would not feel it to be secure enough even for a light jog. If I had to move fast with it, I would hold it in place with my hand.
    Kind of funny to me that this came up. Just last night I did jog with my Remora dual mag pouch. I walked, jogged, and even did some windsprints. I had no movement whatsoever.

These things just don't move unless you physically move it. In fact, the only reason that I'm not currently using the holster is because I need a sweatshield for my gun, and unfortunately, that's one thing the holsters don't have. My mags are stainless, so I don't have much to worry about with those.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Is there anyway you can record a video of how well its held in place? IE walking around, sitting down, jumping (don't know why anyone would be jumping during the workday, but who knows).

Thanks.
    "Common sense is not so common. Voltaire

How well does the holster hold against a undershirt?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I have a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster for my MK40 that I've experimented with this kind of carry. I like the security of a clip. It just doesn't feel secure. And the Desantis Holster is basically the Remora, same rubbery outside material but it was a "hook" type of thing sticking out to catch in the pocket.
    I, too, have a Desantis Nemesis. And, no, they're not made the same at all. The Remora was designed to grip to any surface, while the Nemesis is only designed to gain traction on the cloth inside of your pocket.

The Nemesis was never intended to be used as anything other than a pocket holster. The surface of the Desantis is a nylon-type cloth material, where the Remora has an aggressive rubber surface; kinda like a rubber basketball.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Links