I need 3 holsters...suggestions?

This is a discussion on I need 3 holsters...suggestions? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey folks, I have had my concealed carry permit for about 6 months now, but typically I only keep my firearm in my vehicle. I ...

Thread: I need 3 holsters...suggestions?

I need 3 holsters...suggestions?

Hey folks,

I have had my concealed carry permit for about 6 months now, but typically I only keep my firearm in my vehicle. I have a Sig Pro 2340 and a Bersa Thunder .380 Plus (double stack 15-rd magazine, so the grip is a little wider than the standard model). I have carried the Bersa loose in my pocket before, which works well if I'm wearing the right kind of pants (jeans - back strong side pocket, cargo shorts - front strong side pocket). But I am ready for an inside the waist band holster. So here is what I need in the way of recommendations from the good folks at DefensiveCarry.org:

1) IWB holster for the Sig Pro 2340
    2) IWB holster for the Bersa Thunder .380 Plus
    3) A holster for either weapon that I can wear while jogging

I almost always wear my shirt tucked in, and I typically wear jeans when I would be carrying (I wear business casual at work but can't carry there). I've had a little trouble finding IWB holsters on the internet that say they will specifically fit the Sig Pro 2340.

Thanks for the help!
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

2. Remove Ads

A little self education seems to be in order here. Take a look at the FIST net site. http://www.fist-inc.com/ FIST makes a lot of different varieties of holsters at reasonable prices but, more to the point, you can see what is available that might meet your needs in each of the three cases you site. Learn what you can so that it helps you now and in the future.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Try Magills.com they have all sorts of different makes of holsters, from IWB to OWB to belly bands and ankle.

Check out Comp-Tac's MTAC. If they have it in your model, they are great holsters, and they usually have a quick turn around.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Thanks for the ideas so far. MSteve I've looked at the MTAC and like it, but it doesn't look like they have my Sig on the list of models...
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Most people seem to like the CrossBreed SuperTuck. I have one and it is user friendly also have a Blackhawk Paddle which is more easily on and off when you can't carry someplace. I also have a Galco Royal Guard that I don't much care for. I would not recommend pocket carry without a holster IMHO
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    If you click on "forum extras" at the top of the page, it will take you to a mega holster makers list that you can browse through. Personally, I'd IWB carry in a Del Fatti, Sparks or Brommeland. For jogging you'd need something like thunderwear since you probably wouldn't have a belt.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Check out Dale Fricke's holsters at www.dalefrickeholsters.com, he should be able to make you any kydex holster you want, and you won't wait 8 months to get it! As far as running, I use a fanny pack to carry my S&W 642 .38 Special.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

"I am not afraid to go unarmed...I simply detest being unarmed. It is a contemptible and undignified condition in which to find oneself."

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    I would add a fourth holster to your list. If you are going to pocket carry, it would be a good idea to get a pocket holster. A poclet holster will protect the trigger and could keep you from having a negligent discharge. You can get a desantis nemesis for about $15.00 thourgh MidwayUSA.

If you want a top of the line holster try Pure Kustom holsters by Rocky, he is a site sponsor too

Thanks for the replies. It looks like the CrossBreed SuperTuck comes in models that fit both the Sig and the Bersa. I think I'll order one for the Sig and also a good belt. Still need a good option for carrying while running if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Quote Originally Posted by SigHawk View Post
    Thanks for the replies. It looks like the CrossBreed SuperTuck comes in models that fit both the Sig and the Bersa. I think I'll order one for the Sig and also a good belt. Still need a good option for carrying while running if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!
    if you live in a hot or humid cilmate, order the horsehide version. more dense and repels sweat better.

Links