Defensive Carry banner

Mega holster maker's links list - thread updated

129K views 143 replies 72 participants last post by  matthew03 
#1 · (Edited)
This is an edit - to clarify the status quo --------

The original list I posted, which was snagged from THR, I have removed now - it was some while ago converted into a new web page, which I am hosting and maintaining. Over time odd new links have come along - plus a dead link or two have appeared.

I have a few ''latecomers'' on the page for now but will reshuffle soon and hopefully snag any dead links - or at least not leave them live. I put it off tho as it takes a while to sort out.

Right now - the link for the ''mega list'' is in our links bar top part of page - or this - MEGA HOLSTER LINKS PAGE

#28 ·
Chris, the last time I checked there were a couple of links on the list that were bad. Either the companies have gone or the domain name is no longer associated with the company. Before you reshuffle you might want to check the links.

Is there a way to make clicking on this thread take you to the holster links list? I think that moving this one and having a link under the same name might eliminate posts like the one that gives us a site that is on the list in the blue area, but not on the original list that is in this thread.

#29 ·
I remember you mentioning dead links George - IIRC one was actually working in the end. I think I took an easy option on one where I killed the link to place instead a null - and changed 'title' statement to show it as defunct.

Don't think any way to 'dual link' this thread, and the mega list - not that comes to mind. Maybe I'll add an edit to first post - which might help. I will do a check of stuff on the mega list soon and try and re-order things one more time.

#31 ·
Yes they are there - but for now at very bottom - they were added late and with others need shuffling into the pack!

#32 ·
Chris,
Updated my previous post..............

#34 ·
Chris,
Updated my previous post..............
Many thx - I must try and get to updating again when I can. Hopefully in next day or two.

#35 ·
#37 ·
OK - further update now done! Tally is 147!!!!! (Although one is in fact a null link, left to avoid leaving a gap so 146!).

I have not added that link for the Predator rigs - there seem to be only three on display and I prefer where possible to only list dedicated domains, as against stuff that is on the back end of some estore.

Reshuffles take quite a while so if any more come along they will have to sit a spell in an overflow table at bottom, like I did before.

#38 ·
Found this site on another forum, while I personaly don't care for the set-up, figured some here might be interested in it:

http://handgunholsters.net

#39 ·
Thx for the link - it is now added but because I just did a major reshuffle it will have to spend some time at bottom of list where any late entries have to be held.

#43 ·
I have added that link for you but it will for now have to be in the ''overflow'' area at bottom.

The time involved making a reshuffle is considerable and so I tend to wait a while until there are enough extras to make the job worthwhile.

#44 ·
Just to let you know I (DMB Leatherworks) got rid of my web site. Like Mark Garrity, I am full-time LEO but my current vice assignment leaves me with little free time. I still make holsters but mostly for fellow officers and local customers. With the time constraints I couldn't give the turn around time I thought folks deserved so I cut back.
Thanks for putting me on the list but I wanted you to know that link is now dead so your list would be up to date. Thanks for a great forum. I visit here often and keep up with the board.

#45 ·
Thx for the info - I have for now left the entry on the page but made the link null - plus a flyout should mention, 'no longer available'.

When a reshuffle gets done the info will be removed.

#48 ·
P95carry please add my site to the list of holster sites.
Will do - but for a while it will have to reside at the lower part of page with ''latecomers'', as a total rearrangement takes a while and so I leave doing that until a convenient moment.

#49 ·
Could you add my E Bay store name

Hi there S. Caldwell of Caldwell Gunleather here . I am a full time Criminal Investigator and part time Holster Builder . I spent 8 years working for a Subcontracter who built Wilson Holsters , Belts and Mag pouches . I now build my own line of concealed carry Holsters. I do not have a website due to not having enough time right now to go full time so I sell on E Bay stores under " Caldwell Gunleather " I offer most popular models for all sizes of 1911s , Sigs , Glocks , Smith M&Ps, Hi Powers , Five shot J frames , Berettas , kel tec 32pocket holsters . I build stuff each weekend and put it on there to sell . If its on there its ready to go right now . No waiting 6 mos. for a holster . My quality , well I think you heard who I used to build for so that should speak for itself. I build two versions of IWBs , two versions of OWBs . My stuff is real world tested daily by Law Officers I work with and who I put their needs on a high pedestal .
As I said no website but you can see my offerings on e Bay . My address is in my checkout section . I will not sell a second rate item unless its something that is only cosmetic and not structural . I will also advise the buyer ahead of time if there is a cosmetic flaw . I am a true one man custom shop . Everything is hand made , hand molded and handrubbed . Painted on edges are not allowed in my shop . Thanks if you can add me to your list I would be most appreciative . If you cant thats O.K. . S.Caldwell , Caldwell Gunleather .

#51 ·
If you'd like, I could make you a simple mysql database with a simple add/delete form. Then, I'd make the page PHP and loaded from the table. No more inserting alphabetically. It would take me about an hour, and I could leave the look identical to this page. Then, adding or deleting a link would literally take you about 15 seconds.

#52 ·
morin ........ good idea that is and thx for offer .... when the page started it was a quick html throw together ... but it grew and I just put up with it! If I had taken more time initially I'd have cut a load of code anyways with css control.

If you want to try that fine - let me know later if you manage. I'll check out some details with you then. I run vertrigo on my puter for php files so that should help too. PHP codewizard however I am not - at least not in depth.

#54 ·
What I'll do is build it tonight after the game. I hand code everything, so you can just insert it into your page. I'll send you a pm when I'm done, and you can send me your email address. I'll send you the files to build and populate the table, a code snippet to insert into your web page in place of the table, and a php file to add and delete entries. I'll give you instructions on how to set it up. You should be able to do it in 5-10 minutes once I send it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.