Mega holster maker's links list - thread updated

This is a discussion on Mega holster maker's links list - thread updated within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; [QUOTE=dr_cmg;148956] George - I'll leave this list but emphasize to folks that all this and much more is now contained in the mega list ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mega holster maker's links list - thread updated

dr_cmg...I'm A Little Disappointed...

[QUOTE=dr_cmg;148956]George - I'll leave this list but emphasize to folks that all this and much more is now contained in the mega list
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the new list...but...

How am I supposed to save any money now?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

P95carry please add my site to the list of holster sites.

www.sideguardholsters.com

Thank you, MNBurl
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Assistant Administrator
    P95carry please add my site to the list of holster sites.
    Will do - but for a while it will have to reside at the lower part of page with ''latecomers'', as a total rearrangement takes a while and so I leave doing that until a convenient moment.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Could you add my E Bay store name

Hi there S. Caldwell of Caldwell Gunleather here . I am a full time Criminal Investigator and part time Holster Builder . I spent 8 years working for a Subcontracter who built Wilson Holsters , Belts and Mag pouches . I now build my own line of concealed carry Holsters. I do not have a website due to not having enough time right now to go full time so I sell on E Bay stores under " Caldwell Gunleather " I offer most popular models for all sizes of 1911s , Sigs , Glocks , Smith M&Ps, Hi Powers , Five shot J frames , Berettas , kel tec 32pocket holsters . I build stuff each weekend and put it on there to sell . If its on there its ready to go right now . No waiting 6 mos. for a holster . My quality , well I think you heard who I used to build for so that should speak for itself. I build two versions of IWBs , two versions of OWBs . My stuff is real world tested daily by Law Officers I work with and who I put their needs on a high pedestal .
    As I said no website but you can see my offerings on e Bay . My address is in my checkout section . I will not sell a second rate item unless its something that is only cosmetic and not structural . I will also advise the buyer ahead of time if there is a cosmetic flaw . I am a true one man custom shop . Everything is hand made , hand molded and handrubbed . Painted on edges are not allowed in my shop . Thanks if you can add me to your list I would be most appreciative . If you cant thats O.K. . S.Caldwell , Caldwell Gunleather .

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Will do - but for a while it will have to reside at the lower part of page with ''latecomers'', as a total rearrangement takes a while and so I leave doing that until a convenient moment.
    Thank you!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    If you'd like, I could make you a simple mysql database with a simple add/delete form. Then, I'd make the page PHP and loaded from the table. No more inserting alphabetically. It would take me about an hour, and I could leave the look identical to this page. Then, adding or deleting a link would literally take you about 15 seconds.

Assistant Administrator
    morin ........ good idea that is and thx for offer .... when the page started it was a quick html throw together ... but it grew and I just put up with it! If I had taken more time initially I'd have cut a load of code anyways with css control.

If you want to try that fine - let me know later if you manage. I'll check out some details with you then. I run vertrigo on my puter for php files so that should help too. PHP codewizard however I am not - at least not in depth.
    Chris - P95

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    P95Carry,
    Please add my site to the mega list at your convenience. Thanks for all the hard work you're putting in to make this list possible.

www.boomstickholsters.com
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

What I'll do is build it tonight after the game. I hand code everything, so you can just insert it into your page. I'll send you a pm when I'm done, and you can send me your email address. I'll send you the files to build and populate the table, a code snippet to insert into your web page in place of the table, and a php file to add and delete entries. I'll give you instructions on how to set it up. You should be able to do it in 5-10 minutes once I send it.

Assistant Administrator
    Sure thing ......... but just for now I'll tack you on the ''overflow'' bit at bottom - as seems with morintp's help we might make the thing more versatile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

morin just saw your post - great and thx. I'll wait for a PM from you when convenient and reply with my email - you'll need to give me yours for my spam filter too!
    Chris - P95

One last question, do you want a text name for each link instead of displaying the hyperlink? Like displaying "Bianchi" instead of "http://www.bianchi.com" Either way is just as quick and easy. Just let me know...

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Text name would be my preference but my opinion doesn't count in this discussion.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Assistant Administrator
    I guess text name is OK but I put full link as a sorta added precaution in case someone chooses to print the page off for ref.

Sometimes there are a few I haven't truncated when I could have ... but most were copied and pasted of course... www.domain.com/index.html is of course longer than needed.

I do add a 'title' to each link - usually just showing the name but occasionally adding other info if useful. Plus as total lazy butt - still employ the much xhtml deprecated target="_blank"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boomsticksholsters is added but in fact in one spare cell of main section - at the end - making it temporarily out of alphabetical order for now.
    Chris - P95

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    Thanks! Good luck with the rebuild.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Assistant Administrator
    Interim update ...... our quite new member morintp - I owe him a debt of gratitude!

He volunteered to recode the page such that future edits would be a breeze - to which end he wrote a very effective editing page for me.

We are all but done - (poor guy has had two very long phone sessions with me - patience was outanding) and I just need to work out some SQL permissions finally to make the new page go live. It should look all but the same in fact.

For a bit longer it'll be the old page - but I have to convey mega thanks to this guy - he has been so helpful. I'll mention once we are changed over.
    Chris - P95

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links