Another Remora holster review.

This is a discussion on Another Remora holster review. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking for a easy, quick, stick in your pants holster. Ramrod suggested the Remora holster. I liked the idea of no clip, so ...

Thread: Another Remora holster review.

Another Remora holster review.

I was looking for a easy, quick, stick in your pants holster. Ramrod suggested the Remora holster. I liked the idea of no clip, so I ordered the #6 for my Glock 27. Shipping was super fast. On my doorstep in 2 days. I must say this is a great holster. It does not move. Yea its cut a little large but Ive found if I use the Pearce grip on my mag its no problem to get a hold of my gun. Now with the stock mag there is not much to get a hold of. Remora should cut the holster a little better for the baby Glocks but all in all Im very pleased. Its great to be able to tuck my shirt in if I need to and not have your shirt tail hung on a belt clip.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

2. Remove Ads

Thanks wormy for another good review! I've had contact with the owner this past week. They've found the template for the baby Glock proto holster they made to my specs (for my G27).

Remora should cut the holster a little better for the baby Glocks but all in all I'm very pleased.
    This is what I've been after for a couple of months. I'll be getting more samples next week or so. Things have been going slowly due to a recovery of sorts at their end. I'm the number one guy one guy right now to get them into making this specific holster for the baby Glocks. All of the members here that have bought a holster from them and emailed them have helped to keep this moving. It has made an impact, and all I can hope for is the new model being available. Yes....it's cut lower where it should be for the baby Glocks. I'm excited about it and so are they.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Thanks wormy for another good review! I've had contact with the owner this past week. They've found the template for the baby Glock proto holster they made to my specs (for my G27).

This is what I've been after for a couple of months. I'll be getting more samples next week or so. Things have been going slowly due to a recovery of sorts at their end. I'm the number one guy one guy right now to get them into making this specific holster for the baby Glocks. All of the members here that have bought a holster from them and emailed them have helped to keep this moving. It has made an impact, and all I can hope for is the new model being available. Yes....it's cut lower where it should be for the baby Glocks. I'm excited about it and so are they.
    Thats great. One good thing about it Remora holsters are priced right. Wouldnt be hard to order another one.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Last Friday, I received two Remoras for my XDm .45, one with stiffener, one without, as well as a mag pouch. I've been trying them out for the past few days, and thought I'd report. I first donned the holster with the stiffener over the weekend, and wore it around my little 3 1/2 acre patch of Hell off and on, while doing the usual weekend duties. I knew that the big XDm would be an acid test of the design, and I wanted a cheap IWB to try out while I'm waiting on my $150 IWB from Pure Kustom.

The first thing I noticed is that donning is a little tricky, because the holster is so sticky. It also takes a little getting used to from the perspective of the absence of any belt straps. It felt a bit insecure until I realized it would stay put.

What is really cool is the infinite adjustability. With no straps or clips, it can be set to any angle or depth in the waistband, to get a "just so" feel and best concealability. While it has a slight tendency to creep upward with strenuous activity or from being seated, it doesn't move much. I was never in fear of it coming out of my waistband altogether.

Yesterday, I had to drive to Midland for a hearing in Bankruptcy Court. I knew I'd be going through security, and I wanted a chance to try the rig on a fairly long (120 miles) drive. I also wore the mag pouch. Both worked great, which surprised me, since I've never been able to wear an IWB mag pouch on my left side before. Again, the infinite adjustability paid off. The magazine did creep up a little within the pouch, due to its taper and slick finish, but it didn't go far. Removal of both to enter the federal building was simple, although they tend to try to untuck one's shirt. Re-donning inside my pickup when I left required some contortions, challenging my stiff, old body, but I got it done.

The setup is certainly not as concealable as my little Ultra Aegis in a Brommeland Max-Con V, but under a suit coat or sport coat, there is no printing unless I bend. I won't be able to carry under a t-shirt, but that is due to the excessive height of the gun's grip, not the holster.

I've not yet worn the holster without the stiffener, but I'm using it to hold the gun in place under my fold-down arm rest/console in my pickup, for when I'm carrying something else on-body. Stays put well.

Overall, for a $30 holster, I think these are mighty hard to beat. I have so far been pleasantly surprised.

Question for wormy: When you tuck in your shirt, how are you drawing? As sticky as these are, I'm envisioning either yanking the holstered gun out with the shirt tail, or ripping off the shirt tail.

By the way, you commented on it being cut a bit large for the baby Glock. My sample of the non-stiffened holster seems a bit big, with not quite as much grip clearance as I might like. No big deal, though, with the amount of grip room on the big XDm. The one with the stiffener, however, is a bit more sparingly cut, with good grip clearance.

Hey, thanks for the great review JohnLevick. Yea drawing with a tucked shirt is not ideal. I dont tuck very often, but when I do its kinda a two handed draw. I pull my shirt tail out with my left hand and kinda at the same time support the holster while drawing my Glock with my right hand. I wont win any shootouts at the OK corral, but it works when I must tuck. I agree with you, the infinite adjustability of the Remora is its best selling point. It works great while driveing. The holsters are cut a little large and RamRod is working to get a better Glock fit. As long as I use my Pierce grip its no problem with my G27. The larger cut may actually help keep the gun inside the holster. The inside is not as "grippy" as the outside. I didnt know there was a stiffener for these holsters. How does the stiffener improve the holster?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Got the Remora holster for my Kahr P45 and I really appreciate the flexibility it offers for a variety of carry conditions. It joins the MTAC and the Black Ops Pro and gives me a great holster "collection".

Wore my G19 in one all weekend, sometimes IWB in drawstring shorts, sometimes IWB in cargo shorts, with and without a belt. Ran errands, and did work around the place. The weight of the g19 caused it to migrate downward ever so slowly, if I started with it low in the waistband, due to the Remora grips less on fabric than it does bare skin. Let it ride a little high and tight, and no slippage at all.

Works especially great out of the shower when you're still in a towel wrapped around the waist.

As mentioned, the infinite adjustability is wicked awesome.

Fantastic little holster with a distinct and useful purpose. Though it's not a replacement for your EDC holster, for "dressed down" condition around the house, it is hard to beat.

The stiffener is a band of very thin plastic, sandwiched between the layers of the holster. It keeps the mouth of the holster open, assisting a one-handed reholster.

Links