Don Hume H715 clip on IWB rig?

This is a discussion on Don Hume H715 clip on IWB rig? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I'm looking to get a clip on IWB rig for my Colt Cobra and have been looking at a couple of different ones. While ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Hume H715 clip on IWB rig?

Don Hume H715 clip on IWB rig?

Well I'm looking to get a clip on IWB rig for my Colt Cobra and have been looking at a couple of different ones.

While doing so I ran across this model by don hume,does anyone here have experience with this IWB holster and carrying a snub nose in one?

Does this holster ride low or is it a high ride type of iwb rig? It looks like it puts the cylinder right above the belt line is this the case? Does this holster carry a snubbie well over all?
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Can't speak for the snubbie revolver, but I have a Don Hume 715 for my compact Glocks. I'd say comparatively, that it's a medium ride IWB holster. For the price, well molded, reinforced top straight drop (which I like in certain circumstances). I've actually worn this holster appendix style with my compact Glocks. The basic clip is very strong and very accommodating. Thing is, I think it's made for a 1 1/2" or 2" belt, and may tend to move around with anything less. I think it's a good holster for the money. I won't be selling mine.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I had a Don Hume, sold it. Generally those type holsters with the central clip tend to make you stick out where the gun is thickest; in front of the cylinder. The result is that the snubbie is uncomfortable. Check out other holsters with an offset clip, they work better.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I have two Don Hume holsters - one for my 1911's and one for my Beretta 92. I have no idea where one would find a better holster for the price. Mine are exceptionally good and very secure holsters. I use a shoulder holster whenever I can, but it is surprising how often my Don Hume IWB holsters are used. They are very convenient. You really won't go wrong with one of these holsters.

I carry my g26 in a don hume iwb clip. I also carry it appendix style. I think the quality is much better than the asking price. I would certainly recommend it.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i own several that have carried a taurus pt111 and glock 26 & 19...the quality is well beyond the price of these holsters...the clip is very sturdy and will hold the gun on your belt at an angle if you choose...the fit to the gun is excellent and reholstering is easy with the reinforced opening...i carry in bladetech pds and nano iwbs now only because i witnessed a few clip on holsters get drawn with the gun during some training where the pressure to perform was on...i dont think it would be the norm but the chance was enough for me...

all in all though i think for the money you couldnt buy a better holster than the don hume products offer...and they are an economical way to find out if iwb (or owb with the 721 ot) is right for you....

Don Hume is good for the money, but for the same money, Bullard is better.

Carrying my LCP in a Hume 715 IWB rig. Nice fit and finish....less then $30 on ebay....

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    For ultimate concealment, an offset clip is your best bet....like this one from lobo gun leather...

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Don Hume is good for the money, but for the same money, Bullard is better.
    bullards website shows them to be about double the price of hume...or more...

Got a Don Hume at a gunshow for the PM9 for $25, can't be beat! Carry it appendix positioned and really like it so much I got one for my Springfield Microcompact also.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Have one for HK-USP and one for SW40VE, I like it.

Got one for LCR, don't like it. For a small snubby revolver, there's almost nothing below the belt.
    I'm heavy and thus the bottom of the holster presses in and down on me and it pinches. Maybe ok for you skinny fellows though.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I had a Don Hume clip on once, it would come out with the gun everytime I drew. It however was for an automatic, not a revolver.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I have 4 Don Hme holsters, 2 OWB and 2 IWB. Got them all at a gun show for a great price. I carry a Colt Pocket Nine in one all the time. Great holster for the money even at list price
    in my humble oppinion. Been as many as ten years till now and still in good shape. I will say however the OWB's are FBI forward cant, and I wish the IWB's were.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Quote Originally Posted by vietnamvet66 View Post
    I have 4 Don Hme holsters, 2 OWB and 2 IWB. Got them all at a gun show for a great price. I carry a Colt Pocket Nine in one all the time. Great holster for the money even at list price
    in my humble oppinion. Been as many as ten years till now and still in good shape. I will say however the OWB's are FBI forward cant, and I wish the IWB's were.
    i have found that the clip on the humes is robust enough to maintain a cant on the holster if you place it that way...ont of the things i did like about those holsters was the ability to move it around at different angles for comfort in different situations...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links