Gould & Goodrich

This is a discussion on Gould & Goodrich within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi people, I am looking for oppinions on G&G holsters. Does anyone own one? What do you think of them? Also, if anyone has an ...

Thread: Gould & Goodrich

Gould & Goodrich

Hi people,

I am looking for oppinions on G&G holsters. Does anyone own one? What do you think of them?

Also, if anyone has an opinion on a holster style (any brand) for my new GP100 4" BBL I would appreciate suggestions. I plan to carry it hiking or casual conceal (not every day carry).

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I own a IWB for my 1911. It seems made just as well as any off the shelf holster you can get. Galco, ect. Fit and finish are on par with similar holsters.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have one that is issued to me for work; a paddle holster and a mag holder. Nothing beats a good custom holster IMO, but, for the money, it's a decent holster on par with the quality of other mass producers like, say, Galco.

Edit: It appears rocky and I were typing at the same time; and our opinions are about the same. LOL!

I have a G&G shoulder rig for my glock 19 and 23....Decent quality for the $$, nice fit and finish...Seems durable enough... I use it alot when in a suit or wearing a jacket all day. Comfortable too. Model B804 was my choice.. I also have an older OWB holster from them for a Taurus 4 inch .357 revolver. That holster is over 20 years old and if I want to take that rig out it is as comfortable and functionable as it was when I bought it.
    Last edited by MdMike; September 27th, 2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: added a sentence

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I used to have one for my S&W 3913 and it worked fine, was well crafted and did the job. I then discovered "custom" holsters, Del Fatti, Sparks, UBG, etc...and prefered their high quality and fit.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    I used to have one for my S&W 3913 and it worked fine, was well crafted and did the job. I then discovered "custom" holsters, Del Fatti, Sparks, UBG, etc...and prefered their high quality and fit.
    Thanks for the feed back. I would prefer a custom holster, but I need one now to carry my revolver.

Have you looked at Don Hume's work and his website? Somewhat of a custom holster but usually has stuff in stock and ready for delivery. Google them and take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by MdMike View Post
    Have you looked at Don Hume's work and his website? Somewhat of a custom holster but usually has stuff in stock and ready for delivery. Google them and take a look.
    Thanks for the tip... I'll check him out!

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I think they are comparable to Don Hume. I have a Don Hume 721-OT for my Dan Wesson revolver. http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/...r-H721-OT.html
    I love it.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I bought a Yaqui slide holster for my XD from G&G....wore it once camping and threw it in a bottomless box to never see the light of day again. Worst holster EVER....it hung off of my belt like a ....well....I think their was a thread about "pistol dangling"....that was what that holster did with my little XCsc.

I don't know about the rest of their products. One was enough for me.

I own a G&G that squeeze my Witness into. It's well constructed and holds my pistol snug against my body. It was a steal at $35.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

I have their Gold Line 3-slot pancake holster and really like it. Out of my drawer full of holsters, it is my second favorite OWB holster. I wear it anytime I can get away with 3:00 OWB carry. In fact I am currently looking at getting their 807 Paddle holster.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by AceHi View Post
    I have their Gold Line 3-slot pancake holster and really like it. Out of my drawer full of holsters, it is my second favorite OWB holster. I wear it anytime I can get away with 3:00 OWB carry. In fact I am currently looking at getting their 807 Paddle holster.
    So what is your first favorite? I am looking at the 3 slot pancake for my GP100. What are you carrying in yours?

Links