paddle holster

paddle holster

This is a discussion on paddle holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a paddle holster for my Taurus 24/7 compact .45. I want something that rides close and I can conceal under a ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: paddle holster

paddle holster

I am looking for a paddle holster for my Taurus 24/7 compact .45. I want something that rides close and I can conceal under a jacket or polo shirt. I called comp-tac and apparently there holster won't fit because my gun is the compact, any insight will be appreciated.

Well a Paddle holster of any type will not ride nearly as close as you thik it should. They are a trade off for conveninece. I have several. I am a plainclothes quasi LEO and the Padle is perfect for me, for that purpose. The best one availaible I have found is Kramer MSP, or the Galco CCP. Look there.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    whats a quasi-leo?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

nick315,

I agree the paddle is easy on and off but will not conceal that well. Why don't you try one of the CQC/s type of holsters. I have several from Lou Alessi. They ride close and tight. Love mine. You might want to contact Rocky @ Pure Kustoms. A nice guy and does a great job with leather. Also, Ray at Lobo Leather has one.

Good luck.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

I have a blackhawk serpa holster but it does not ride close at all. My only issue why I preferred a paddle was that you where not limited to its position on the body belt loops.

kpw
    Comp-Tac paddles are my favorites. They carry better for me than most others I've tried. I'm a big fan of paddle holsters but they aren't all equal. Some are great, some are terrible. In leather, Kramer's MSP is hard to beat.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Kramer. Comfortable leather paddle, tough as nails horsehide, rides tight for concealment.
    http://www.kramerleather.com/
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Senior Moderator
    I bought this for my Glock-36. Rides tightly against the body...expensive, but well worth it!
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/18.htm
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; October 2nd, 2010 at 12:46 AM.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

i wanted a comptac paddle, however, when i called they said they do not fit the taurus 24/7 compact only the full size 24/7. i thought the only difference was barrel length. i really want a kydex holster and if not paddle and owb.

Senior Moderator
    While I'm not a huge fan of the Fobus holsters, I use their paddle types around the house because they're light (= comfortable). For a cheap, probably "bidegradable" holster, the Fobus holds the gun butt in tight to the beltline remarkably well compared to some pricey leather models from Galco and DeSantis. I have Fobus paddles for a PT111, CW9 and G23... all of which are compact to smallish.

The worst feature of the Fobus is that they won't withstand a knowledgeable gun-grab, because the paddle (or belt loops) are riveted to the holster and can tear the plastic under heavy torque. But if your needs are modest, or you're in a low-threat environment (e.g., just want the gun on your person around the house), for $25 a throw you can't beat 'em.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

serpa blows for concealment. I NEVER use mine.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    While I'm not a huge fan of the Fobus holsters, I use their paddle types around the house because they're light (= comfortable). For a cheap, probably "bidegradable" holster, the Fobus holds the gun butt in tight to the beltline remarkably well compared to some pricey leather models from Galco and DeSantis. I have Fobus paddles for a PT111, CW9 and G23... all of which are compact to smallish.

The worst feature of the Fobus is that they won't withstand a knowledgeable gun-grab, because the paddle (or belt loops) are riveted to the holster and can tear the plastic under heavy torque. But if your needs are modest, or you're in a low-threat environment (e.g., just want the gun on your person around the house), for $25 a throw you can't beat 'em.
    Dittos! While lots of people hate Fobus I think they are decent holsters for the money. I have 3 of them and they do hold the gun butt in tight. I wear my G27 in one sometimes with a T-shirt and shorts, no problem. I also have one for my SP101, but the Fobus like to eat up the finish on the gun so I dont wear it much. But for my Glocks they work great. I also have a Serpa that sucks. Its hard to get on and off and hangs the gun way off my belt.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Safariland Holsters Hold close & conceal well JMO ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

The "ECP" (Extreme Cant Paddle) from rmholsters.com will conceal as well as any belt holster that I have ever tried. However, it is made for a limited selection of pistols so you might need to talk to the owner to see if he can fit yours. BTW, it is kydex; I know that some people insist on leather.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!
    "Never mistake motion for action" - Benjamin Franklin
    NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

i think we mite be on to something with the rmholster. im going to call and see if they make it for the 24/7 compact as well

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links