paddle holster

This is a discussion on paddle holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a paddle holster for my Taurus 24/7 compact .45. I want something that rides close and I can conceal under a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paddle holster

paddle holster

I am looking for a paddle holster for my Taurus 24/7 compact .45. I want something that rides close and I can conceal under a jacket or polo shirt. I called comp-tac and apparently there holster won't fit because my gun is the compact, any insight will be appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Well a Paddle holster of any type will not ride nearly as close as you thik it should. They are a trade off for conveninece. I have several. I am a plainclothes quasi LEO and the Padle is perfect for me, for that purpose. The best one availaible I have found is Kramer MSP, or the Galco CCP. Look there.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    whats a quasi-leo?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

nick315,

I agree the paddle is easy on and off but will not conceal that well. Why don't you try one of the CQC/s type of holsters. I have several from Lou Alessi. They ride close and tight. Love mine. You might want to contact Rocky @ Pure Kustoms. A nice guy and does a great job with leather. Also, Ray at Lobo Leather has one.

Good luck.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

I have a blackhawk serpa holster but it does not ride close at all. My only issue why I preferred a paddle was that you where not limited to its position on the body belt loops.

kpw
    Comp-Tac paddles are my favorites. They carry better for me than most others I've tried. I'm a big fan of paddle holsters but they aren't all equal. Some are great, some are terrible. In leather, Kramer's MSP is hard to beat.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Kramer. Comfortable leather paddle, tough as nails horsehide, rides tight for concealment.
    http://www.kramerleather.com/
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I bought this for my Glock-36. Rides tightly against the body...expensive, but well worth it!
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/18.htm
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; October 1st, 2010 at 11:46 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

i wanted a comptac paddle, however, when i called they said they do not fit the taurus 24/7 compact only the full size 24/7. i thought the only difference was barrel length. i really want a kydex holster and if not paddle and owb.

While I'm not a huge fan of the Fobus holsters, I use their paddle types around the house because they're light (= comfortable). For a cheap, probably "bidegradable" holster, the Fobus holds the gun butt in tight to the beltline remarkably well compared to some pricey leather models from Galco and DeSantis. I have Fobus paddles for a PT111, CW9 and G23... all of which are compact to smallish.

The worst feature of the Fobus is that they won't withstand a knowledgeable gun-grab, because the paddle (or belt loops) are riveted to the holster and can tear the plastic under heavy torque. But if your needs are modest, or you're in a low-threat environment (e.g., just want the gun on your person around the house), for $25 a throw you can't beat 'em.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

serpa blows for concealment. I NEVER use mine.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    While I'm not a huge fan of the Fobus holsters, I use their paddle types around the house because they're light (= comfortable). For a cheap, probably "bidegradable" holster, the Fobus holds the gun butt in tight to the beltline remarkably well compared to some pricey leather models from Galco and DeSantis. I have Fobus paddles for a PT111, CW9 and G23... all of which are compact to smallish.

The worst feature of the Fobus is that they won't withstand a knowledgeable gun-grab, because the paddle (or belt loops) are riveted to the holster and can tear the plastic under heavy torque. But if your needs are modest, or you're in a low-threat environment (e.g., just want the gun on your person around the house), for $25 a throw you can't beat 'em.
    Dittos! While lots of people hate Fobus I think they are decent holsters for the money. I have 3 of them and they do hold the gun butt in tight. I wear my G27 in one sometimes with a T-shirt and shorts, no problem. I also have one for my SP101, but the Fobus like to eat up the finish on the gun so I dont wear it much. But for my Glocks they work great. I also have a Serpa that sucks. Its hard to get on and off and hangs the gun way off my belt.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Safariland Holsters Hold close & conceal well JMO ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

The "ECP" (Extreme Cant Paddle) from rmholsters.com will conceal as well as any belt holster that I have ever tried. However, it is made for a limited selection of pistols so you might need to talk to the owner to see if he can fit yours. BTW, it is kydex; I know that some people insist on leather.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

i think we mite be on to something with the rmholster. im going to call and see if they make it for the 24/7 compact as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links