G24 in a G27 holster

G24 in a G27 holster

This is a discussion on G24 in a G27 holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just out of curiosity I tried to put my Glock 24 in my Cross Breed Supertuck made for my Glock 27. It fit perfectly. So ...

G24 in a G27 holster

Just out of curiosity I tried to put my Glock 24 in my Cross Breed Supertuck made for my Glock 27. It fit perfectly.
    So now I have the option of carrying 16 rounds with extra velocity from the 6 inch barrel.

I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck for the G-19 and it also fits my G-26. Like you it allows me to carry a smaller weapon but 15 +1. Gotta love Crossbreed Holsters!
    Check out my websites....

http://www.prophezine.com

http://survival4christians.blogspot.com/

Μολὼν λαβέ

Yep! I love Crossbreed!

Most holsters will fit different sized guns of the same make and model. Slide lengths are the only difference. I have numerous holsters that will fit different length glocks.

While it may fit okay.....I think the true test will be in comfort of concealment. I've found way too many times that holsters that fit the Glocks universally for the 9mm,357SIG, 40S&W, etc are fine until one pushes the limits on the open bottom holsters without changing position. The one and only holster I could ever use throughout the range of Glock from full size to sub-compact and carry in the same position concealed is the DeSantis Scorpion holster. I've tried the M-Tac holsters which are like the CrossBreed. Fit of the pistol is just part of it....most Glock frames will fit in any particular Glock holster especially open muzzle holsters, and the kydex holsters. One of those things that still makes Glock pistols more versatile than most brands....but it all comes down to the end user. I just can't carry a full size Glock where I do a compact or sub-compact with any of my generic made for Glock holsters. I just can't with any level of comfort for extended periods.

This is true. I have also found that in a beltslide type holster made for a mid or service lenght model, the barrel, which is meant to extend past the leather, will actually stabilize the gun against the body. If a compact model is put into the same holster, the slide is completlely covered by the holster, but flops around when you walk.

I did move the position slightly for the longer G24. I carry the G27 at my 8:30 (I'm a lefty), I had to move the G24 to my 9:00 to comfortably sit in the car.

Links