LCP Looking for a new IWB holster

This is a discussion on LCP Looking for a new IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Currently I use a CB micro clip holster for my LCP. I like it, but it rotates on me if I am up and down ...

Thread: LCP Looking for a new IWB holster

LCP Looking for a new IWB holster

Currently I use a CB micro clip holster for my LCP. I like it, but it rotates on me if I am up and down a lot, coming up out of my waistband due to the one offset clip. This is wearing it anywhere from 2:00 to 4:00, my preferred carrying positions, depending on my activity. It presents more of a printing issue than a drawing issue or I would have done something differently long ago. I'm not beyond thinking of a way I can modify the micro clip, maybe by adding another clip or some kind of friction material to the outside of the kydex, but in the meantime...
    I am looking for an IWB holster with a single clip in line with the gun, kydex if they have it in that style and most importantly, I want some kind of leather backing to protect the gun against my skin in the summer. And an adjustable cant would be great, or at least a relatively steep cant. Do I have any options? I figured someone here would have just the holster in the back of their mind. I tried looking at a few sites already, but they would rather have you look at the holster then click on the dropdown to see if your gun is listed, rather than letting you look at the available holsters by gun model And I have a Crimson Trace, but if you get me in the ballpark I can take it from there.

Thanks for any idears.

2. Remove Ads

I have the CB minituck for mine, and it works and feels great. No movement ever. I know you specified 1 point but I figured I'd mention the minituck anyway.

Check out Fist holsters too, they have several different designs with single clip attach points.
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/NUMBER.htm

Yeah, I wish I had gotten the mini.
    I think I was on that Fist site before. Lottsa holsters and no guns listed that they work with. I guess they want you to call them, which I guess I'll do, lol.
    Thanks.

ETA: who closes at 2:30 EST? They do :^/

There's a separate "gun list" on the Fist site, here:
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/gunlistA/Default.htm

Ahhh, thanks again.

There is also the ever present Mega Holster Maker Links page (it is a Sticky here on DCC).

http://www.alumbankweb.com/cc-riglinks.php

I have 7-8 of these Fist #1A... http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/1A.htm
    The have only one clip, but they stay put.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks Ret. I'm lookiing forward to calling them today.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have 7-8 of these Fist #1A... http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/1A.htm
    The have only one clip, but they stay put.
    I'll second that. I only have three, but they are remarkably comfortable and really do stay put. I prefer them even to 'long haul' larger rigs with multiple hooks or loops.

Hey maybe you can try Kholsters. I have a little moon holster for my LCP and it is great. It stays put...never moves....I sometimes forget I even have it. As far as printing, well the LCP is very small so I dont see how you would have a problem with printing...unless you are wearing some sort of spandex shirt like under armor or that sort of thing. I have found Kholsters to be a great alternative to crossbreed...if you dont want to break the bank. Dont get me wrong, I have a Crossbreed for my Sig P239 and it is VERY VERY comfortable but hell....they are expensive. For that kind of money I would rather buy a custom horsehide holster from overland or littlebear. I think Jimmy over at Kholsters has done a great job at offering a product that is very affordable. He recently had a 9/11 sale and I bough two holsters from him. Give them a try...if you dont like it, you can send it back. Jimmy will be more than glad to refund your money. You cant go wrong.

Oh, also, I know you said you wanted something with a single clip. If you want something that stays put and does not move...you need a double clip....that is my honest opinion. I have had several single clip holsters in the past and all of them have had the same problem....they tend to move around with sitting, walking, bending, or any other body movement.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

Thanks. I'll give them a look, too. Just getting ready to call Fist now.
    By printing I mean, in my favorite carry positions, if I bend, the butt of the holsters pokes up my shirt. Maybe no one notices, but it bothers me. and then when I straighten the shirt kind of gathers and hangs off the butt. This is unless I can keep the gun at the right angle/cant and in the right spot, tight to my body. Something the micro tuck does not do for me if it rides up out of my waistband.

Well, I'm trying the Fist #4 with cant, in kydex and with a body guard (or something like that) to keep it off my skin.
    I'll let ya know in four weeks :^(

Links