Glock 27 Kaluban Cloak IWB (pics)

This is a discussion on Glock 27 Kaluban Cloak IWB (pics) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just to give you guys a little back history, I'm by no means an expert. I recently got back from Iraq and bought my first ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 27 Kaluban Cloak IWB (pics)

Glock 27 Kaluban Cloak IWB (pics)

Just to give you guys a little back history, I'm by no means an expert. I recently got back from Iraq and bought my first pistol (first of many, haha) being that I was finally older than 21. I did a ton of research and finally settled on a sub-compact glock, the .40 was just my preference. Everyone seemed to wanna recommend holsters, and I kept hearing raven concealment was pretty much the top name in kydex. I was skeptical because of the weight, so my commander who's a gun guru told me to shoot Eugene an email because his holsters were just as good as ravens. Eugene was extremely helpful and I had my holster start to finish in just under a week. Here's a few pics.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pros: Extremely light (as kydex should be), very sturdy, afforable, no waiting, great customer service all the way through the purchase, makes an audible "click" whenever holstering to let you know it's seated.

Cons: The only con I can even begin to fault the holster for is the retention is STRONG. You definently don't have to worry about it falling out, as it takes a really firm pull in order to unseat it. I assume over time it will break in, or I can man handle it a little, but too firm is much preferred over too loose.

Mine ran right at $50, but hit I assume prices vary depending on what you have done. Mine was customized from the cant, belt loop size, thickness of the kydex, and sweat shield. It seems they can cater to pretty much any request but don't quote me on that, haha.

EDIT- Sorry - I mispelled Cloak in the title. Here's the website if anyone is interested http://www.calsentllc.com/page04.html

2. Remove Ads

Welcome aboard. Both pistol and holster are excellent choices. First and foremost however, THANK YOU for your service.

Thank you very much Cop. I'm just glad I wasn't portrayed as a spammer. I've been lurking these boards for over a year, and wanted to help out Eugene without coming across as a spammer.

I take it your an LEO? How long you been on, and what do you carry if you don't mind me asking?

Just retired after 35 years. Other than 5 years as a Narc, ALL of it in a blue suit in the street- the BEST job in Law Enforcement. Carried a LOT of different stuff over the years, starting with wheelguns of course but ended carrying a Gen 3 Glock G22(issued by my PD) and gifted to me by my shift partners. IMO, a GREAT handgun. We could carry anything >380 and above off duty. 90% of the time it was a Smith J Frame. Always carried a J Frame or .380 (lastly an LCP)-both- on days where my hair was standing up- as my on duty back up. Now that I just work part time for the local sheriff, my EDC is usually a G36 with a grip reduction. Depending on my mood and venue, sometimes a S&W 638, S&W 340 PD or a Glock G26. When jogging or on those rare occasions when I don't feel like carrying, I grab the LCP.
    There is a lot of good info on here, visit often.

GM
    Congrats on the G-40.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Very interesting. Looks nice and tight for the baby Glock. Similar to my Scorpion but smaller. Love my G27 as well.

Looks like a great set-up for you...congrats on the new pistola.

Thanks for your service.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks for the replies everyone. This is a pretty friendly forum. I'm doing a tournament (IPSC) with my commander so I'll let everyone know how it goes and try and get some pics from it as well. I've only put around 200 rounds through it so far, and so far it hasn't even slowed in the least.

Cop- How you like the Jframe? I've been looking into getting one and it's been some mixed reviews.

I have never been without at least one for the last 36 years. Easy to carry, go bang every time. I learned with revolvers so accuracy is not a problem. I have never had any kind of problem. I own 2 right now, have probably had 15 of one variation or the other.

Congtrats on your 27. That was my first Glock many years ago and I credit Glocks with my wife finally picking up a gun to protect herself while I travel. Thanks for serving our great country.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

Couldn't help it. Went out today and added a G27 to my stable.

Thanks for sharing the holster maker info. I'm going to get a Kaluban for a non-light bearing, full size M&P in green. Will report back with the details later.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by HBY18202 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. This is a pretty friendly forum. I'm doing a tournament (IPSC) with my commander so I'll let everyone know how it goes and try and get some pics from it as well. I've only put around 200 rounds through it so far, and so far it hasn't even slowed in the least.

Cop- How you like the Jframe? I've been looking into getting one and it's been some mixed reviews.
    Mixed reviews? How can anyone NOT like the attributes of a J Frame?

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    Mixed reviews? How can anyone NOT like the attributes of a J Frame?
    I heard some people find them quite heavy, and here's an excerpt I found.

"S&W built the Chief's Special on their existing .32 caliber "J" frame. That frame was actually too small for the .38 Special cartridge, but rather than introduce a new, properly sized frame, S&W reduced the cylinder capacity to 5 cartridges. The resulting revolver was so weak that for decades the use of .38 Special High Speed (and later +P) cartridges was prohibited. Modern metallurgy and heat treating has supposedly cured the problem--if you trust Smith & Wesson's advertising.

S&W has been ripping off other companies' products, especially Colt's, for over 150 years and the leopard hasn't changed his spots. The current management is following in the footsteps of their predecessors, as evidenced by the recent introduction of their "new" 1911 auto pistol. Not only are they copying the famous Colt/Browning pistol, they aren't even making their knock-off themselves; it is assembled largely from after market parts.

Smith & Wesson is not a tiny shop assembling these pistols individually. They are the largest handgun maker in the world! Have they no pride? (A rhetorical questions, since they obviously don't.)"

As for the validity of all that, I have no clue. 99% of the stuff I've heard has been great. My buddies uncle said he had one with a cylinder that would get lodged and S&W did nothing to fix it as well. I have no clue how well this man took care of his weapons or anything. I also got the quote above from a very biased article, located at this link (http://www.chuckhawks.com/smith-wesson_dark.htm)

I'm not claiming any of this is true, I just mainly was trying to be nice and continue coversation haha.

Cop- How you liking the 27?

Moga- You won't be disapointed brother, Eugene comes through well.

Glockanista- Thank you very much.
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

US Army - Active 4 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by HBY18202 View Post
    I assume over time it will break in...
    It won't. If you're a handy type of person though, you can adjust the retention. I can give you some tips on doing that, if you're interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links