Anyone use IWB holster as a OWB holster? - Page 3

Anyone use IWB holster as a OWB holster?

This is a discussion on Anyone use IWB holster as a OWB holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How comfortable IWB is depends a lot on what holster you are using. As I right this I'm wearing a Crossbreed Supertuck and it is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone use IWB holster as a OWB holster?

How comfortable IWB is depends a lot on what holster you are using. As I right this I'm wearing a Crossbreed Supertuck and it is very comfortable. I also have a Isotope 7 that is very comfy. My first IWB was the DeSantis Cozy Partner, and it was not comfortable at all. Before you give up on IWB, consider the difference that the right holster can make.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Yes:

Attachment 21660

Most the time this is iwb.
    Looks much better on you than on me.
    I'm your Huckleberry.

Mine is convertible.

I'm your Huckleberry.

Wow cool thread, I was wondering about this also.

I sometimes wear an IWB, OWB like this. I have some old pants from my pre-carry days that fit me well, but not with an IWB. I'm too cheap to buy new pants so... sometimes I'm stuck.

I still find that this method works out better than most of my OWB rigs.

I've been doing this. I just snap it so it's b/t my pant and belt. Nice tight fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Well, if you’re in this hobby long enough you’ll end up with one of each style. I've gone through many holsters and guns over the years and now I think I finally got it right. Once you actually settle on a gun that you decide to keep, then buy the holster style you like. Then buy another style based on your second preference, and so on. Before you know it, you'll be broke just like the rest of us and you'll have the right holster for every conceivable occasion.
    Yep Saber, I'm already there! I have all my holsters in plastic baggy's hanging inside my closet behind the door. Some guns, like my SP101, Glock, CW9, I have an IWB, OWB, OWB paddle, etc. The wall is full, and I still have problems carrying, too many options, not enough money, etc. But look at all the fun, trying just one more holster, maybe this is the one!
    Roger

I do like wearing my OWB leather holsters with the belt outside the holster, it holds the gun closer, but not against me to gouge and rough up my side.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    That one looks like it could be worn either way. What kind is it?
    It's a Del Fatti ISP-Wr....the slotted pad makes this kind of option a bit slimmer than loops...

I have an Infidel from Comp-tac that I bought used from someone on here. At the time I only had the MTAC and wanted something I could just stick the gun in a holster and slide into my pants if I were going to walk the dog or something. It has a single clip on the back (picture below must be a new design with the strut too) but the guy also sent these leather belt loops I could attach. Never gave it much thought till this thread. I am go to it with the loops and the clip as an OWB. Right now I took off all the attachments and use it as a pocket holster when wearing cargo shorts / pants.

Cammo girl brings up a good point. I only have a few holsters but whenever I get one I always wish I had gotten the color that I didn't order. Holster buyers remorse??
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Interesting. I've been looking into potentially buying a convertible holster(unfortunately the budget is anywhere near getting it soon, but can still plan ahead!), but my question would be when your wearing it OWB, do the IWB clips just hang there or ? Does anyone mind posting a pic of a convertible in use as an OWB?

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Convertibles are a nice idea, but I would rather not have to take things on and off my holster....if you can afford an IWB and an OWB, I think you will find it the easiet way to go....

Quote Originally Posted by rogerdodger View Post
    What I am looking for, is an OWB holster that hugs the body.
    The best OWB holster I have ever used is the Brommeland Def-Con. It hugs tighter to my body than any other OWB I have ever used by a huge margin.

I'm using one like this that I cut down/into to fit my glock. I like it as a between the belt and pant holster. these are prototypes.

iwb-back.jpgIWB-new.jpg
    iwb-belt.jpg

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    are you wearing the holster behind your hip? Most spare tires don't go that far back. (Notice I said most!)
    IMO, if it doesn't go behind the hip, it's not a spare tire. It's a belly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links