New alternative method of carry....surprisingly comfy.

This is a discussion on New alternative method of carry....surprisingly comfy. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by los If you flip that coin, it'll tell you that the MIC appears to be doing it's job very well. .. Touche' ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New alternative method of carry....surprisingly comfy.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    If you flip that coin, it'll tell you that the MIC appears to be doing it's job very well. ..
    Touche' .....lol.

2. Remove Ads

Well like I said...I dont intend to use it day in and day out...but it has worked well for 8-12 hour periods the last two days. I will go back to my quality leather holsters for most of my usage.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Check your state's laws; this might not be permitted everywhere. Ohio says gun must be holstered.

los
    How does Ohio CC law define 'holstered'..?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwguy View Post
    Check your state's laws; this might not be permitted everywhere. Ohio says gun must be holstered.
    Wait, really!? So a clipdraw is illegal in the state of Ohio?!?!?

To the OP: glad it works well for you!

Am I missing something, or is this not merely Mexican carry with a trigger cover?

los
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Am I missing something, or is this not merely Mexican carry with a trigger cover?
    Thats one way to look at it.

I see it as an alternate method to safely carry a Glock IWB, without the use of a traditional holster.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

[QUOTE=Ghettokracker71;1781331]Wait, really!? So a clipdraw is illegal in the state of Ohio?!?!?

I apologize. It seems I am mistaken. I am not a lawyer or L.E.O., but after looking further, I found only this regarding a holster, and it refers to while being in a vehicle:

2923.16 Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.

(E) No person who has been issued a license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code shall do any of the following:

(1) Knowingly transport or have a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle unless one of the following applies:

(a) The loaded handgun is in a holster on the person’s person.

(b) The loaded handgun is in a closed case, bag, box, or other container that is in plain sight and that has a lid, a cover, or a closing mechanism with a zipper, snap, or buckle, which lid, cover, or closing mechanism must be opened for a person to gain access to the handgun.

(c) The loaded handgun is securely encased by being stored in a closed glove compartment or vehicle console or in a case that is locked.

Again, I apologize for any confusion. Any lawyers or L.E.O.s please chime in.

Interesting...perhaps if you carry IWB with a gun clip. I'm still processing it and not sure either way. If it works given your carry needs, then I say cool. I'm always looking at creative carry options.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Don't mean to start a firefight here, but here is my take on it. His product is basically designed to allow a Glock owner to carry Mexican style, while protecting the trigger, which is necessary, due to the pistol, having "no active safety" in his words. I guess I was thinking that if you want to carry a Glock, then get a proper holster, and if you want to carry Mexican, then get a gun with a manual safety, grip safety, etc. that will allow you to do it safely. To be honest, I'd be slightly worried the thing would come a little loose, and snag a shirttail or something in it and go kaboom when you tried to readjust it.

But, for those that like it, then more power to ya, different strokes!

Personal preferences and techniques affect the types of equipment that people choose.

If I am understanding correctly, what holds the pistol in position would be the front face of the grip down against the waistband/belt, just as in plain Mexican carry. This would be similar to an iwb holster that places the pistol low with the front face of the grip near or against the waistband/belt. If one uses a MT, elevator draw, this is not a problem. On the other hand if one uses a circular scoop/hook draw, this device and the iwb that places the pistol in a similar position are impractical for that person. It is not that either device is bad, just that it is not suitable to the techniques employed by that person.

The holster is very firm around the trigger guard. It has 20 lbs of drop pressure to keep it from dropping if it comes out of waistband, but only 8 lbs of draw pressure. In my draw from the 3 oclock, the gun and holster comes completely out of my pants in one unit. Then a quick snap of the gun forward, puts the gun on target. It takes a very quick and violent snapping motion. to get the gun out, all in one draw motion. It is not a competition or target holster, it is for quick up close defensive shots. My HBE Com III will still get the lions share of carry time, and my wife will still be buying a "traditional" holster. It has been very handy for short trips around town and errands. She looped it around her purse strap when going to college. then just unloops and puts in trunk while in class then reverses.
    Last edited by jwhite75; October 12th, 2010 at 01:06 PM.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    For those who choose to "Mexican carry" a Glock or similar handgun, I think this is a viable consideration. If one isn't interested in that style of carry, then it wouldn't be. It's simply another option. I can see where where it has a marketing niche.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Ohio has some funky rules in regard to Vehicle carry.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/ConcealedCarryBook

Transporting in Motor Vehicles
    The transportation of loaded, concealed handguns in motor vehicles is permitted, but strict obligations are imposed by the law to protect you and law enforcement. These obligations apply to drivers and occupants. These obligations do not apply if you are storing a firearm for any lawful purpose and it is not on your person or you are lawfully storing or possessing a firearm in your home.
    You may not have a loaded handgun in the vehicle if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you have a concealed carry permit, you may not transport a loaded, concealed handgun in a vehicle unless it is carried in one of the following ways:

• The loaded handgun is in a holster secured on the person. Ohio law previously required carrying firearms in a holster in plain sight. The “plain sight” provision has been removed from the law.
    • The loaded handgun is in a closed case, bag, box, or other container that is in plain sight and that has a lid, a cover, or a closing mechanism with a zipper, snap, or buckle, which lid, cover or closing mechanism must be opened for a person to gain access to the handgun, or
    • The loaded handgun is securely encased by being stored in a closed, glove compartment or console, or in a case that is locked.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Ohio has some funky rules in regard to Vehicle carry.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/ConcealedCarryBook
    At least here in GA, "holsters" are pretty clearly defined in the laws. Clips are fine here, and so is pretty much any other method except nothing at all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links