New alternative method of carry....surprisingly comfy. - Page 3

New alternative method of carry....surprisingly comfy.

This is a discussion on New alternative method of carry....surprisingly comfy. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Although the trigger appears to be firmly covered, I still do not like the tucking of a firearm inside the waistband without a holster hooking ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New alternative method of carry....surprisingly comfy.

Although the trigger appears to be firmly covered, I still do not like the tucking of a firearm inside the waistband without a holster hooking to the belt in some manner...I guess that's just me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well its not for every body I guess but I hav really come to like it. At my 3:00, I forget its there.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

To each his own. I like my Glocks to be stable IWB. I'm sure that this holster may be comfortable, but it isn't for me. I also like the ability to reholster with one hand in case the threat changes and I need to go to hands on.

For those that like it, have at it.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I kinda like it.

I'd be interested in one for my .357 J frame though. Thanks for the heads up.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I have been useing my MIC for about a week now and it is a very nice way to carry.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

los
    Cool beans.

Did you have to adjust/alter the length of the cord in anyway to achieve an optimum weapon height..?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

RKM
    I'm NOT a fan of appendix carry, just because I find it uncomfortable while sitting down. Though, I'd be lying if I said I never thought about Mexican carry. The main thing that bothers me is the uncovered trigger. This solves the problem. My other concern was that fact that the gun would no be "secrure". Clipdraw has an answer for that. I just don't like the big clip hanging off the side. A friend has a clipdraw on his G36. It does nothing for ergonomics.

Certainly this is nice because it takes away the bulk, and it's simple and easy to put on unlike some holsters.

The next best solution I have found for comfortable, near holsterless IWB carry is my Blade-Tech. It carries deep and is made of VERY thin Kydex. It almost feels the same without a holster at all.

it seems like the gun would move around too much. besides, i refuse to have a loaded firearm pointed at my "fun zone"
    If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?

I believe Raven did it first

I prefer a standard holster myself. Something like a summer special or a CTAC.

Sponsor
    I have seen something similar awhile back that was marketed for pocket carry. I think it might be good for use with a holster Tee(5.11) on the rare occasion that I need to conceal in a dress shirt and pants. I have always been just a little leary of having an unprotected trigger in a soft cloth holster. I may be making something for use on my P32 and P3AT when clip carried.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Well I dont carry in the appendix...because I am too fat. I carry at the 3:00 and the gun is very comfortable and sturdy there. The holster is not a conventional holster for EDC for me, just an occasional use.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Well, instead of carrying a neck knife, you could carry a neck gun!

I could see a couple uses for this other than for carry though.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I am sure there is a place for this. It just is not for me.

Oh boy and here we go.....

First and foremost, in the vids we are not teaching firearms safety. Yes I know~ALWAYS practice firearms safety and I do agree, there are some needless safety violations in the videos, we will pay more attention to that in all future vids. To the positive side of things what we are demonstrating is that with many of todays glock owners, there is this subculture of tigger jobs resulting in some 2lb trigger pulls. We don't like this, but it is a fact of life. One doesn't have to look very far for a news story, a video or images on the web of AD's with glocks. The video shows just how easy it is to harm yourself with the Glock pistol, and the MIC is just ONE of many ways to help prevent that from happening, while also helping to secure a weapon that thousands of people ALREADY carry in this postion with no protection. The MIC, as we have stated for the last couple of years is not the end all holster for every application. What it is however, is a way to carry your glock in VERY deep concealment, while retaining ease of access AND some loss prevention of the firearm.

Some like it, some don't as with all carry systems and hoslters. What I can say, is there are too many LE agencies to list, that have approved the MIC for on-duty carry for UC guys, and off duty agency wide. Agencies in the US and Canada, federal agencies, Swat Teams, and a few other Alphabet agencies have given this product there whole hearted seal of approval.

I designed the hoslter, and I too carry other types of holsters from time to time, depending on my situation, where I'm going, how I am dressing and so forth. When I, and many other people who have carried a firearm for a living, and have had to and continue to deal with some of the worst scum of the earth, in some of the most dangerious places in this country want to make a glock VANISH...The MIC becomes a very good option to have on hand.
    Regards, Mitch
    www.glocktech.com
    Home of the Original MIC Holster

This Twinkie thing ain't over

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links