The Original Belly Band.... ???

This is a discussion on The Original Belly Band.... ??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking about getting one... not sure yet. How do you like? fit well? Should i get a size bigger? Let me know what you think... ...

Thread: The Original Belly Band.... ???

The Original Belly Band.... ???

Thinking about getting one... not sure yet. How do you like? fit well? Should i get a size bigger? Let me know what you think... thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Geez! That reminds me.....I have one (just got in my drawer to find it). It's spandex and velcro. Not sure how they size them.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    I've tried them and I really don't like them. I wish I did cause they conceal really good but very uncomfortable to me. I would for sure get a bigger size.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Ive got one. I like it. Its conceals great. NOT for fat people. Great with dress clothes or when you dont wear a belt. The gun holster is not the best. Your gun can fall out if you bend over. I would look at a Galco also. Definitley get a larger size. I wear 30" pants. Got the 27-32" Bellyband and its to tight. Get the next larger size.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Ive got one. I like it. Its conceals great. NOT for fat people. Great with dress clothes or when you dont wear a belt. The gun holster is not the best. Your gun can fall out if you bend over. I would look at a Galco also. Definitley get a larger size. I wear 30" pants. Got the 27-32" Bellyband and its to tight. Get the next larger size.
    Thanks! this will help me decide not to get one.....

I like mine when I am going somewhere where I need to tuck in my shirt(very rare) or when I am wearing gym shorts. I don't wear it much, but it does come in handy at times. I would rather the thing be a little uncomfortable then not have the option and have to go somewhere unarmed.

I have used them. But they are not secure at all. I am way too active and being a PO makes it too risky to use one with any confidence. I haven't used one in at least 7 or 8 years.

Actually I had used a modified version of one that was a little better. It had shoulder straps for support and a strap over the weapon for retention. It was better, but not comfortable for long periods of time.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Guess this proviso leaves me out...

GM
    Some people like them, I think they are very uncomfortable.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sorry maybe I shouldnt suggest that over-weight people cant wear a bellyband. I wouldnt know as I have a 30inch waist and weigh 150#. Im just going off of what I hear at the range. The guys with bulgeing waistlines arent real happy with the bellybands.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

The trick to making mine work for me is to wear a tee shirt and place the bellyband around the outside of it. I think they work better with a smaller gun like a Ruger LCP .380 acp or perhaps a S&W 642 .38 special for example. I use mine for those times when I am wearing sweat pants and a loose top like a sweatshirt or one of those windbreaker shirts.
    God bless our troops!

I have one and I'm not a fan. It conceals very well, but it just made me hot all of the time. I'd rather stick to pocket carry or a Crossbreed MiniTuck.

RGC
    I have one I use to carry my 1911 colt defender when I can't wear a IWB holster. I like mine. but not as much as my IWB holster, but it serves a purpose.

I do not regularly use a bellyband.

However, when it ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, MUST be concealed, it is the best solution I have found.

I have carried a Ruger 345 (not small gun) all day in a bellyband without any real discomfort. I wore it kind of between the chest and stomach. (If that makes sense.)

My only concerns are speed of access and potential exposure to sweat.

As for retention, since the gun sits right under my left arm, it would be difficult to get loose unless you intentionally removed it.

-FWIW

I use one everyday and it's one of my best deep concealment options. I'll be using it again today like every other day of the week. The 38" to 40" fits my 36" waist just fine. My weapon has never come close to falling out and I can't see it ever happening. Personally I like it and will always use it for business attire. Great option IMO.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Links