Anyone use a Desantis Super Fly Pocket holster?

This is a discussion on Anyone use a Desantis Super Fly Pocket holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a pocket holster for my M&P 40C. Thinking about the Super Fly and wanted to hear from people who have experience ...

Thread: Anyone use a Desantis Super Fly Pocket holster?

I am looking for a pocket holster for my M&P 40C. Thinking about the Super Fly and wanted to hear from people who have experience with this holster.

I have one, sticks great in your pocket on the draw I've been using it for a while no issues with the construction.

I use one for my G27 to carry in a cargo pocket. The extra flap helps to keep the gun in an upright position in a square pocket. The suare flap can be removed to make it into the standard Nemisis poket holster when not using a square pocket.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by AceHi View Post
    I use one for my G27 to carry in a cargo pocket. The extra flap helps to keep the gun in an upright position in a square pocket. The suare flap can be removed to make it into the standard Nemisis poket holster when not using a square pocket.
    Cargo shorts is mostly where I would use it. Probably not the cargo pocket.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I have a "typical" pocket holster but, after looking around and seeing holsters with a "thumb push" design, I modified mine by permanently gluing a piece of bike tire on the top side of the holster where your thumb would sit as you draw the pistol from the holster. If you look at websites for FIST or Grandfather Oak or some others, you will see what the thumb push is about. IMO, no matter how many "horns" makers put at the bottom of holsters or how "sticky" they make it, I just feel it moving around in my pocket and do not like that. The thumb push ledge that I glued to my pocket holster is such that as I draw my pistol, my thumb is pushing down on the thumb push ledge thus creating the "push/pull" stability in my pocket that eliminates any holster movement. Just me sayin and suggesting. I should mention that even though I own thumb push kydex models from FIST (my 380) and Grandfather Oak (my 38), I still glued my own thumb push ledge exactly where my thumb seems to go when I go to draw the firearm.

I use one to carry my Ruger LCP and the wife has one for her Keltec. GREAT holster, stays in the pocket, holds gun well and the detachable flap stops any printing, and it is completely reversible, so I can carry in either the right or left pocket. Best pocket holster I've used to date.

RGC
    I also carry my LCP in one and it works great.

I use one for my Kahr CW9. Like others have said it stays in the pocket and the detachable flap stops the printing. I have carpenter style jeans that I bought from Cabelas that have large pockets on them and the Superfly works really well with those or pants with the cargo pockets. I would wholeheartedly recommend the Desantis Superfly pocket holster to you.
    God bless our troops!

Thank you all for you input. They are not that expensive so I think I'll give it a try. Thanks again all.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I have two pocket holsters for my Kahr PM40. One is the DeSantis Super Fly, and the other is from Grandfather Oak and is made of thin kydex.

The DeSantis is more comfortable, but bulky. The other one makes the pistol disappear.

I have one for my Kahr P380 that I carry every day. I love mine.
    Glock G23
    Kahr P380
    OMC "The Backup" .380

I may die by my own gun, but whoever kills me with it will have to beat me to death with it, cause it will be empty by the time they get it.

Sponsored Links