Defensive Carry banner

Will the Ruger LCR 357 fit in regular LCR holsters?

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Flint Ridge 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about begging the wife for a Ruger LCR357 for Xmas, but before I settle on the .357 model I want to make sure there are good holsters out there for it.

Based on the Ruger website it seems the dimensions for both pistols are identical (which is strange since I thought the .357 magnum round needs a longer cylinder).

Anyone know if both models of LCR will fit in the same moulded kydex style holster?

#5 ·
My instinct tells me they should be different, at least around the cylinder bit... unless of course in their infinite genius Ruger made the cylinder assembly for the .38 model the same size as their future .357 would be. That is what I'm hoping for. The LCR already has tons of great holsters, I'd love to be able to get the .357 just for the added flexibility and fun of getting to fire a wider variety of rounds... but I don't want to sacrifice some good holster options either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.