Can't find what I'm looking for, need some help

This is a discussion on Can't find what I'm looking for, need some help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You guys are much faster than searching for hours and hours, which I have been doing by the way. I'm looking for a nice leather ...

Thread: Can't find what I'm looking for, need some help

Can't find what I'm looking for, need some help

You guys are much faster than searching for hours and hours, which I have been doing by the way. I'm looking for a nice leather IWB holster for my 1911's (Kimber Compact and a Colt New Agent). I really like the ability of my Crossbreed to adjust to any position I want, but I've gone through many leather IWB holsters without this ability. Most, if not all, of the leather IWB holsters I've tried ride way too high to carry comfortable. My Crossbreed rides with the rear sight at the top of my waistband or a little below. The only leather version that has come close is a Simply Rugged holster, but the holster would always come out of my pants with the gun because the loops had to be too long for it to ride where I want it.

Any suggestions would be great, and I promise I have searched and searched for myself. I just figure I would get plenty of suggestions from the forum faster than I would searching for another few days.

2. Remove Ads

I forgot to mention, I also have never found a leather IWB with loops where the loops didn't poke way out under my shirts.

I like these folks for my IWB carry for my full size P220. Worth a look.
    http://www.ubgholsters.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post

I really like the Striker, but I wish those clips were adjustable.

Might look at Silent thunder made by Tucker leather. Its a kydex holster that is leather lined. He has some other designs that might fit your needs. I dont have any of his holsters but have heard good things from friends that do.

Tucker has some nice stuff. He makes holsters for all Kimber models.

I currently have the silent thunder for another pistol and really like it. It is adjustable. http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/sithiwb.html

He also makes something very similar to the crossbreed that is completely adjustable called "the answer." http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/anforpi.html

Here is an all leather option for use with completely adjustable clips. "Texas Heritage" http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/teheiwb.html

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post
    You guys are much faster than searching for hours and hours, which I have been doing by the way. I'm looking for a nice leather IWB holster for my 1911's (Kimber Compact and a Colt New Agent). I really like the ability of my Crossbreed to adjust to any position I want, but I've gone through many leather IWB holsters without this ability. Most, if not all, of the leather IWB holsters I've tried ride way too high to carry comfortable. My Crossbreed rides with the rear sight at the top of my waistband or a little below. The only leather version that has come close is a Simply Rugged holster, but the holster would always come out of my pants with the gun because the loops had to be too long for it to ride where I want it.

Any suggestions would be great, and I promise I have searched and searched for myself. I just figure I would get plenty of suggestions from the forum faster than I would searching for another few days.
    Sounds like a job for the PureKustom BlackOps Pro.

http://www.purekustom.com/

Rocky makes a very nice product, and the BlackOps Pro has a wide range of adjustability.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I second this!! Nate does great work. I carry my P229 IWB with the Canute...you don't notice the snap loops.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Ditto on the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro! I love mine!!

Here's what I carried my Kimber Ultra in... http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/1A.htm ...I have the same holster (style) for about six other guns, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If I'm reading you correct...you are looking for an all leather iwb that rides low?
    I have experience with every holster mentioned above and most others.
    Nate holsters are fine, but are actually high-riding which may not suit you.
    The lowest riding all leather standard iwb with belt loops is Southern Holsters Memphis.
    Pure Custom Black Ops Pro would work out well due to adjustability. Leather is little thicker on PK though.
    I am very particular about ride height as I too prefer lower riding holsters and find myself mostly using one's with kydex clips these days.
    I find they allow for adjustment and in addition are less "bulky" than loops around belt (i.e. more concealable).
    My favorite has to be Desbien Gunleather IWB #3, followed by Tucker Texas Heritage. DGL Covert #2 is also a fairly low riding iwb which I find very comfortable.
    Hope this helps...
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Trust me on this, if you need a thin and low riding IWB you need a Brommeland Max-con V. You can order them from Gary directly.

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/products.htm

Or try this guy, he orders Brommeland stuff in bulk and ships from stock. Call to verify his stock, the on-line info is often outdated,

http://secretcityweaponeers.com/1911.html

Quote Originally Posted by foxflyer View Post
    Ditto on the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro! I love mine!!
    +3 on that

I think I've made up my mind on either the Texas Heritage, or "The Answer" from Tucker Gunleather. I plan to get the leather lining on the Answer. I love my Crossbreed, but I'm tired of the finish getting rubbed off my 1911's by the kydex. I know it's just character, but it's still annoys me. One day, when I develop more patience, I'll look at a super nice leather holster with a 4-6 month wait time.

Well, after a week of thinking, I have decided on a new carry rig from Little Bear Holsters. I'm going with the JSD since it looks like it will fit all my wants. I'm also going to order a new belt and mag carrier to go with it. I really went back a forth over the Black Ops Pro from PureKustom, but the price in the end did it for me.

Links