A Holster Review

A Holster Review

This is a discussion on A Holster Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been handcrafting leather gun belts and concealment holsters for sometime now and generally use my own leather for obvious reasons. Although, over the years ...

Thread: A Holster Review

A Holster Review

I've been handcrafting leather gun belts and concealment holsters for sometime now and generally use my own leather for obvious reasons. Although, over the years I have acquired leather from most of the top makers in the country. I do this for several reasons, to compare, to get new ideas that I may incorporate in my own work and so on.

A short time ago I placed an order for an O.T.G. (On The Go) holster and a single mag pouch for one of my Glocks from a maker whom I've heard some good things about.

Delivery was right on the button and after close examination and using the holster and mag pouch for a little over a week, I must say - the product is outstanding. From the material used to the stitching, burnishing, retention all the way to comfort this holster is a winner.

IMO there are a handful of top notch leather crafters out there. The late Lou Alessi, Josh Bulman and Milt Sparks, just to name a few. IMO this maker is right up there with them. And I'm referring to Rocky at Pure Kustom Leather. A great guy to deal with and the turn around time and price is certainly within reason.

Rather than me posting one pic, I suggest you go to his website (purekustomleather.com) so you can evaluate his complete offering. If your interested in quality leather you really need to consider Pure Kustom Leather.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

You hit this one right on the head, Rocky rules!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Administrator
    Rocky at Pure Kustom - Those names sound oddly familiar.
    Oh yeah...I heard it through the grapevine that his leather work was pretty nice.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it.

Thanks Al,

Here is your Holster and mag pouch.

I have Rocky's Black Ops and his double and single mag pouches. Outstanding work. His mag pouches get used everyday and the holster gets swapped out depending on which Glock I am carrying. The retention is superb. IMO, as a defensive tactics and firearms instructor, his holsters have better retention than the traditional thumb break.

Also, as you mentioned, Rocky IS a pleasure to deal with. He will take as much time as necessary to make sure that you get what you want. He is very dedicated to his work and it shows.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Nice looking holster and mag pouch Rocky!

Wait..hold the phone. When did you start making single mag pouches?

I gotta quick question too, how much is the OTG? I couldn't find a price online.....
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

First post here....while cruising another site Saturday, it was recommended I check out this forum for information on Pure Kustom Holsters. I found this thread and several others regarding PKH and had to place an order. It was late Saturday.... Ohio time, and the next thing I know it is Rocky on the phone. What a great guy and returning calls on Saturday...where else would that happen. I also decided the ten belts I already have aren't fitting for such a holster as the one I ordered from Rocky so I had to get one of A&G's horsehide to match the new holster when it arrives. Thanks to everyone here for all your time and help.

Links