Glaco Kingtuk

This is a discussion on Glaco Kingtuk within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone use this holster? any reviews yet?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glaco Kingtuk

Glaco Kingtuk

Anyone use this holster? any reviews yet?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

2. Remove Ads

I like Galco, I have the sb2 belt, Jak slide and concealable holsters. This is such an obvious rip off of the crossbreed that I just purchased the crossbreed instead of the Galco. I figured the little guy with a good rep and original idea ought to get the sale. That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvin66 View Post
    This is such an obvious rip off of the crossbreed that I just purchased the crossbreed instead of the Galco. I figured the little guy with a good rep and original idea ought to get the sale. That's just me though.
    Some fact checking might be in order.

The Cross Breed is not the original. The King Tuck is a version of a design that has been around for at least a decade. Versions of this general design are currently being made by Tucker Gunleather, Crossbreed and Comp Tac (under the Minotaur label). I donít think anyone has a particular claim on the design.

In answer the post question. I have been wearing one for the last three weeks (and am wearing one now). I have used it for a Glock and a 4 1/4" 1911. Itís nice. The load is distributed over a wide surface
    Life is for the living, sleep is for the dead.

King tuck

I am a gear dealer and have galco products through a wholesaler and just recieved the mini catalog today with this in it. I am going to do some checking but I think the Galco is cheaper than the crossbreed. I like the crossbreed but would really like to try a King Tuck.
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

Yep, Old Padawan is right. CrossBreed did not design this style of holster. If I'm correct, Tucker did. Don't get me wrong, Crossbreed holsters are great, but I get tired of Mark ******* and moaning about someone stealing his design whenever a holster comes out that resembles his Crossbreed. After all, he did just that when he released his.

I've been to the Galco facility...there is no artistry in a factory assembly line. I'll take one made by the artist himself anytime.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I have CBST for my 2 Glocks and both an MTAC and a Tucker THE ANSWER for my 1911. The Tucker has an option for a leather lined Kydex shell for an extra 15 bucks to save your finish. The quality is first rate and it's what I use for IWB carry of my 1911.

Does it really matter who invented it? No one I am aware of holds a patent on the idea.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Artistry? You make it sound like the Super Tucks are hand engraved and stitched.

My son just received a CBST and I was surprised at the basic simplicity of it. Big slab of thick, stiff leather and a kydex (not exactly artistic in itself) holster. I can see where the profits margin on them is huge! I fail to see any art in it at all, well, maybe those little crosses on the belt clips--if molded forms are considered art. It couldn't get any plainer. Maybe the "art" is that it holds a gun in place, which is exactly what a holster is supposed to do.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

This holster was made for me by Galco about two years ago. I think it shows a fine level of craftsmanship and artistry.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Life is for the living, sleep is for the dead.

I finally got my Kingtuk in today, from that CopsPlus link that was posted here a short while back. I bought one for my Kahr P9. My gripe is that the kydex seems a bit concave and more than a little wiggling is needed to holster the gun. My only comparison is to my CB Microclip I sometimes use for my LCP and a no-name all kydex holster that previously housed the P9. Both of those the guns "snap" right in. I'm not sure that is the correct terminology. The guns slide part way in easily and then "snap" into place securely. The Kingtuk requires more than a little finesse to even get the barrel started into the holster, and then again when the kydex needs to go over the trigger guard. A good push is needed then. A lot more effort is required to draw, too. It is a very tight fit.
    The holster itself looks good, is adjustable and I like the all black look with black clips. I don't even know if kydex can be broken in, as I never had this problem before, but I guess I'll find out. It feels good on and the metal clips are nice and tight.

The fit and the snap of the trigger guard locking into the Kydex is totally dependent on the accuracy in the molding of the Kydex. Sounds like perhaps Galco may not have done a perfect job with that. I have 3 IWB holsters from Crossbreed, Comp-Tac and Tucker Gunleatherf for 2 different handguns and the fit is perfect. Maybe you should return it and exchange for another

Kydex is not broken in. It either fits correctly or it's not correctly made IMO

Thanks for your input Swinokur. I wasn't really sure because there was such a wide variety of guns listed that this holster is for. I better give CopsPlus a call.

Well, while I realize kydex doesn't stretch, my P9 is holstering more easily now.
    After wearing the holster since I got it this morning, the leather forming to fit my hip has flexed some of that, what I called concave shape, out of the kydex. The parts of the kydex's edge/lip that the frame and trigger guard have to clear are not angled as much towards the leather, allowing the gun to push into the holster more easily. It's still one tight holster though. At least compared to the two others I mentioned.
    Just wanted to update. I didn't want anyone to think I was Galco bashing. It's certainly worth the price I paid, 48 bucks + shipping.

well just make sure you are comfortable with the draw. I would practice a lot and see if it loosens up a bit. There is a fine line between good retention and not being able to get the gun out of he holster. That fine line is totally up to you.

Carry safe

Very true swinokur. When I get my Intruder in for my M&Ps that will be a better comparison than my other kydex holsters, since this Kingtuk is my first two clip hybrid. Right now I am comparing apples to oranges. Who knows, maybe my other ones are too loose, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links