Recommendations for OWB CCW holster for Glock 30

This is a discussion on Recommendations for OWB CCW holster for Glock 30 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i like it to ride nice and tight agaisnt my side; I wear at 3:30 or 4:00 O'clock. What do ya'll recommend for OWB?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for OWB CCW holster for Glock 30

i like it to ride nice and tight agaisnt my side; I wear at 3:30 or 4:00 O'clock. What do ya'll recommend for OWB?

I'm getting a Hillsman Holster "flatliner" for my G19. They'll make it to your exact specs for cant and ride height. A little spendy, but it has all the features I was looking for. Since I don't have it yet though, technically I can't say I recommend it. Nice guys too, for Texans! (ha ha, just kidding, I saw you were an Okie)

http://www.hillsmanholster.com/Models.htm
    http://www.hillsmanholster.com/Glock19.html
    http://www.hillsmanholster.com/Materials.html

Here's what I put my Glock-36 into...on foot, on the Harley (recently sold), in the car, or around the house.
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/12.htm Note the holster with the Glock in it...just like mine.
    The #12 Basic holds the gun tightly against the body and still allow one-hand re-holstering.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My usual recommendation for comfortable concealed carry is a pancake-style holster, strong-side at 3:30 to 4:00 position, with 10-15 degrees butt-forward cant. This works well for most users.

The pancake-style typically rides high and belt tension pulls it snugly into the body. Fore-and-aft belt attachment points spread the weight over a wide area and anchor the holster in place. The smooth outer shell allows the cover garment to glide over the holstered weapon without snagging.

The Glocks, with very thick cross-sections, benefit especially from this style of holster.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

I bought a Kydex holster similar to the Hillman noted above; didn't take to it: the Kydex was thicker than it appeared in photos and, although sized to my Milt Sparks gunbelt, it hung loosely and flopped against my hip. Just wasn't right for me. I use the following for appendix carry and it should work for what you want, plus the price is nice:

http://www.activeprogear.com/22-belt-slide.html

This is much more substantial than most nylon rigs; heavier material and good stitching.

And, one size fits all my Glocks

Kramer horsehide Belt Scabbard.
    http://www.kramerleather.com/
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I recently bought the CID Holster from Simply Rugged for my Glock 17.
    i like it to ride nice and tight agaisnt my side; I wear at 3:30 or 4:00 O'clock
    These are my requirements as well and the CID does the job. At $50.00 plus shipping it's pretty satisfactory.
    http://www.simplyrugged.com/store/index.html

I always went with a Don Hume J.I.T. for my OWB G30 carry. Both have gone on down the road, so take it for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I always went with a Don Hume J.I.T. for my OWB G30 carry. Both have gone on down the road, so take it for what it's worth.
    Why did you get rid of the G-30?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Why did you get rid of the G-30?
    Yeah, why did you get rid of the 30?
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

It was too muzzle heavy for me. While it fit my hand rather well, I was used to the G27 and the feel and fit. At the time, I was seriously wanting back into a full size 1911 anyway. I also had a G21 for several years. Just wasn't that concealable for me. Just like range guns vs carry guns. I don't own and range guns that aren't carry guns. My G30 got me into my SIG P220 SAO, and that's where the love lies now. One of those things that over-writes history and a brand name that I'm overly fond of. Looked outside Glock for my favorite 45ACP. It can happen. I never want to be without a 45ACP pistol, and if I didn't have one lined up, I'd never trade for anything else. Seldom carried the G30 (always an OWB deal for me). That's actually before I got into this forum, and learned what I have to this day. Still.......I have no remorse for the decisions I've made. Glock to the bone with one exception. They didn't have what I needed at the time.

My Black Ops Pro from Pure Kustom, is the only OWB I've been able to carry comfortably at the 3 o'clock position. I used to wear at 3:30-4 position, but preferred 3. Snugs up tight & doesn't put pressure on my hip bone.

Fobus
    Uncle Mike's
    Blade Tech
    Don Hume
    Tagua

RKM
    I have a Fobus for mine. Everybody hates Fobus. I like mine as a range holster. It's just so "loose" and hangs off your hip. It's hard to conceal even under a jacket sometimes. Other than that, I love my Fobus holster.

I just ordered Glock's "combat" holster. It's ridiculously cheap and I hear it's actually not too bad. I only held one a friend of mine has (he hates it) and it has good retention. It holds it tight to your body like a pancake holster which will be nice for CC with a jacket on. I usually carry IWB in a Blade-Tech. I figure if I end up not liking the Glock holster, it was cheap, so who cares. But if I do like it, which I expect to, then I'll be happy that I found a cheap solution.

My G30 was my first gun and I don't think I could ever get rid of it :)

I have owned a lot of holsters over the years; kydex and leather. This one is the finest, most secure and most concealable OWB I have. A little pricey, but worth every cent. Had mine in two weeks which was just astounding give it's craftsmanship (I'm sure his shipping times vary): http://www.taurisholsters.com/enhighride.cfm
    Last edited by ejes; October 24th, 2010 at 02:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links