Taurus P709 Slim Holster?

This is a discussion on Taurus P709 Slim Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Most holster manufacturers list the guns that will fit a holster, and since the 709 have been out for a couple of years now I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taurus P709 Slim Holster?

Most holster manufacturers list the guns that will fit a holster, and since the 709 have been out for a couple of years now I don't think you will have a problem finding something that fits.
    However, just because the gun fits the holster doesn't mean you will like it since there is more to it. Some guns ride higher than other, some has a cant that make them easier to remove, some has a sweat guard, some have belt loops while others have clips, some just don't feel comfortable and I am sure there are others as well. It's a lot of personal preference. Most people have more than one holster for their carry gun until they find something they are happy with :-)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    I have both a 709 slim and a glock 19 and they are interchangeable as far as holsters go.Love my 709.Its easy to carry,conceal and use.
    Would not be for most custom holster makers. The G19 and 709 are very different and a G19 will not fit into my 709 holsters that is for sure and the other way would be loose.

Note: I do have a 709 Slim form so I can make anything for it.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I just bought 16" tires for my 15", high dollar, custom chrome rims because someone told me they would fit.
    Or, I just bought a $1,200.00 chandelier, and I've ordered a storage shed, with a leaky roof, to put it in.

The right tool for the right job or the right holster for your model firearm, are equally important. It's a personal defense system. If you ever need to draw your pistol in an emergency situation, it needs to be "exactly" where you expect it to be. It needs to draw "exactly" as it has every time you've practiced. It needs to re-holster with one hand "exactly" as it should. AND it needs to protect your weapon as well as possible to ensure your weapon is ready when you need it most. One size fits all works okay for my t-shirts. For my life, I expect more.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links