Car mounted holster

This is a discussion on Car mounted holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Wilderness Safepacker has a great application for in-vehicle. Safepacker Concealed Carry Holster, Concealed Weapon Holster...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Car mounted holster

The Wilderness Safepacker has a great application for in-vehicle.

Safepacker Concealed Carry Holster, Concealed Weapon Holster

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have a large SUV and the console box is quite large. The lid flips to the passenger side, so it is easy to get your hand in the box. I sewed some velcro to a cheap nylon holster and put the super-stick velcro in the inside of the box. If you mount the holster so that the weapon will fit and the lid close, the weapon cannot come out of the holster from a bump, etc. This makes for a faster and more comfortable draw than from a belt holster while you are strapped in the truck. I would post a pic, but the truck is at the shop right now.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I made my own "holsters" by attaching a rubber reducer pipe fitting similar to that shown in this link Drain Coupling, 4 to 2 in. Straight Adaptor, PVC Rubber

I use one to attach to my bed frame and one on the inside of my center console. I don't recall the size for sure but it seems like 4x2 and my handgun is a Glock 19.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Here's how I mounted a holster in my SUV. I bought a cheap nylon holster and made up a simple bracket to bolt inside the console. Easy and quick to access, and out of sight. The "one size fits most" holster works well, as my 1911's and my wife's Glocks all fit in it.

Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

if a in car holster was a great idea cops would use it but the don't so why should I; if it's on you it goes with you.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    if a in car holster was a great idea cops would use it but the don't so why should I; if it's on you it goes with you.
    Your logic makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Your logic makes no sense
    make good sense....in the military guns are on the soldier, a cop he carries his gun. if and when you get separated from your vehicle your gun is on you and not in the vehicle.

all from a iwb holster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEBor...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmZJ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNodFWpoC9o

Ok I'm not completely sure yet, my mom, a former Florida prosecutor, is using a few resources to be sure, but a kydex holster probably wouldn't fly. The law says you don't have to have a permit to carry a gun in your car if it's securely encased or otherwise not readily accessible, one case references in a "snapped holster" it's ok, we're trying to find the specific case that dealt with the holster currently. Looking at a few cases, it seems so far that in a center console loaded ready to go is legal, but unloaded with loaded magazines nearby under the passenger seat is not. I've been looking at the under steering column holster for myself, but so far I'm not 100% on the legality. I'll repost with any info and specific cases to reference. The subsection of the law is 790.25(5) but figuring out how they interpret it in the system is the real question.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I think that console holster is a great idea gladl I looked at this post been trying to find it before I go to colorado next month for work (driving from Texas) sitting in car with IWB doesn't bother me but I wear at 3:00 can't pull gun while wearing seat belt...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

wdp
    Quote Originally Posted by skystud1 View Post
    Easiest way. I bought a super magnet and screwed it under dash. My gun sticks firmly, easy to remove and never falls off. Sorry about law, I'm not sure bout FL. Doesn't it have to be a two step process to get gun over there..like in a glove box, etc?
    Your idea sounded good at first, however I hate the thought of magnetizing my gun and having all sorts of unwanted stuff sticking to it. Just my opinion of course.

I like the idea of a magnet, but I'm almost positive a car accident would result in a gun flying around.

I'm looking at some sort of under the column holster for a CM9. Small and out of sight, but with enough rounds onboard to at least allow me to either get out of there (floor it) or buy me the time to get to my primary. I'm relying more on just getting the heck out of dodge.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links