Ordering a Brommeland Max Con V!

This is a discussion on Ordering a Brommeland Max Con V! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; His holsters are unbelievably high quality, unfortunately his turnaround times have been very long...months and months, and months (12-14). Perhaps he is trying to change ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordering a Brommeland Max Con V!

His holsters are unbelievably high quality, unfortunately his turnaround times have been very long...months and months, and months (12-14). Perhaps he is trying to change his reputation.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

I have three of his Def-Cons with matching magazine holders, all Presentation Grade, and a matching tapered belt. Yes, I had a long wait. Yes, I was very very patient. Yes, I was supremely pleased! These are outstanding holsters well worth the money and the wait. If I were to want another Brommeland, I would buy what was instock at one of his stocking dealers, just to avoid the wait. It is fantastic leather.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

SnoMan97,

If you search these forums, you'll find a lot of folks who criticize Gary's customer service, and almost nobody who criticises his work. If I were you, I would go to one of his stocking dealers, such as Coal Creek Armory http://coalcreekarmory.blogspot.com/...-holsters.html. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Best of luck,
    Herk

PS - Disclaimer--I have never dealt with CCA, but I haven't heard anything bad about them, either.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Ordered a Max Con V direct from Gary on 10/29/10. From what I gather from Gary, he has something to prove. He has taken a lot of grief because of supplier issues. He is sending me a holster from a batch he is starting this week. I do not have to pay for it until I get it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    SnoMan97,

If you search these forums, you'll find a lot of folks who criticize Gary's customer service, and almost nobody who criticises his work. If I were you, I would go to one of his stocking dealers, such as Coal Creek Armory http://coalcreekarmory.blogspot.com/...-holsters.html. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Best of luck,
    Herk

PS - Disclaimer--I have never dealt with CCA, but I haven't heard anything bad about them, either.
    Coal Creek Armory no longer stocks Brommeland Gunleather products.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    Ordered a Max Con V direct from Gary on 10/29/10. From what I gather from Gary, he has something to prove. He has taken a lot of grief because of supplier issues. He is sending me a holster from a batch he is starting this week. I do not have to pay for it until I get it.
    Well, you can't beat that, and you certainly can't beat the man's work.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    His holsters are unbelievably high quality, unfortunately his turnaround times have been very long...months and months, and months (12-14). Perhaps he is trying to change his reputation.
    I know in the past Gary had his share of issues where delivery times were concerned. His business issues seem to be behind him now and he is turning out product fairly quickly these days. I have ordered holsters and additional gear from him 3 times in the last year, and each time he met or beat his deadline. I think the longest I waited was 7 weeks.

As others have stated, his work is second to none and the design of his gear is fabulous. Order with confidence.

Great holster, love mine. Got it by accident though. I had originally one from Gary's website, was told 16 weeks, then came excuses, told several times its was next in line, on the bench, ready to ship etc... but the holster never came, only excuses. After waiting 8 months and still no holster, only a PAID receipt, I requested and recived a full refund. Found my Max Con this forum from another member who was selling one in NIB condition. Love the holster, but I'd never order and pay in advance for another one. Too long of a wait the first time I tried. Hopefully you will see yours sooner than later. Good luck.

I have two Isotope 7s - one for my 5" 1911 and the other for my Glock 22. I don't think there's a better IWB holster design out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Coal Creek Armory no longer stocks Brommeland Gunleather products.
    Sorry for the old information. They might want to remove that webpage, though.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Wow. I wish that he had those turn around times when I ordered. He was way beyond the promised time for my order many years ago. I cancelled and ordered my Max Con from CCA.

But it is a nice holster. Good luck with it.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I'm still using one I bought in the mid 1990s. Wait for the product, it's great stuff.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I have one, and do love it, top quality no doubt, unfortunately, it is no where near the comfort of my ugly crossbreed, which I wear daily. As a matter of fact, I loved it so much, that after a year of using a Max Con, I decided to try a Crossbreed ST, and wanted to hate it so much , that I in fact returned the ST within a day convinced nothing was as comfortable as my Max Cons. Then several months later, I gave the ST a real chance, ignoring its cosmetics which I still cant stand and realized it truely is comortable and tops all I have tried. Now my MC just lays on my night stand beckoning me. I keep debating whether to sell it or not, but dont want to go through a waiting period should I want another. Enjoy it when you get it!
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

I have the Max Con that I got from CCA that carries my 1911s AND HiPowers with great comfort. Do not hesitate to buy one thru Secret City.

You can't go wrong with that one. Gary does great work. Congrat's
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links