Defensive Carry banner

Ordering a Brommeland Max Con V!

5K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  ABC111 
#1 ·
I am going to take the plunge and order a Brommeland Max Con V for my G26 tomorrow. I hear nothing but great things about Gary's work so I have no doubt that I will love it. I am hoping it's comfort level will match it's good looks. I will post pics once I receive it. Gary tells me I will have it in 2-3 weeks.

#8 ·
Two to three weeks turnaround is very quick. The ugly backlog situation so many makers have been experiencing must be lessening a bit. Let us know how long it actually turns out to be. Good info.

#10 ·
Brommeland only makes the service grade these days.
Good Luck.
You'll really need a huge mega-dose of luck if you're ever going to actually receive it.
Just a suggestion. Save yourself some future heartache & don't pay in advance.

#11 ·
Yeah Brommeland is not known for their turnaround times or delivery.

#13 ·
I recently received an Isotope 7 from SCW for my Yost Colt Commander. It is a great holster from a fit, finish, and function perspective. I was very surprised, since it is Service Grade, however, it outdoes most makers Presentation Grade. It is definitely in the same class as my Nossar, Del Fatti, and Bulman holsters. You will not be disappointed.

John

#15 ·
I ordered one from him in Jan. and was quoated 6 week delivery time. It took almost 8 weeks. He keep in touch about the delay ( bad snow storm ) and notified me when it shipped.

The reason that I ordered it was because my Sparks VMII was so over due, I was going to sell it if I liked the Brommeland better, but liked the VMII slightly more, even though it took 9 months not counting, waiting for the first of the month order window to open. It's for a 19/23.

#16 ·
His holsters are unbelievably high quality, unfortunately his turnaround times have been very long...months and months, and months (12-14). Perhaps he is trying to change his reputation.:ticking:

#22 ·
I know in the past Gary had his share of issues where delivery times were concerned. His business issues seem to be behind him now and he is turning out product fairly quickly these days. I have ordered holsters and additional gear from him 3 times in the last year, and each time he met or beat his deadline. I think the longest I waited was 7 weeks.

As others have stated, his work is second to none and the design of his gear is fabulous. Order with confidence.

#17 ·
I have three of his Def-Cons with matching magazine holders, all Presentation Grade, and a matching tapered belt. Yes, I had a long wait. Yes, I was very very patient. Yes, I was supremely pleased! These are outstanding holsters well worth the money and the wait. If I were to want another Brommeland, I would buy what was instock at one of his stocking dealers, just to avoid the wait. It is fantastic leather.

#18 ·
SnoMan97,

If you search these forums, you'll find a lot of folks who criticize Gary's customer service, and almost nobody who criticises his work. If I were you, I would go to one of his stocking dealers, such as Coal Creek Armory http://coalcreekarmory.blogspot.com/2007/06/wall-of-brommeland-holsters.html. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Best of luck,
Herk
:cowboy:

PS - Disclaimer--I have never dealt with CCA, but I haven't heard anything bad about them, either.

#19 ·
Ordered a Max Con V direct from Gary on 10/29/10. From what I gather from Gary, he has something to prove. He has taken a lot of grief because of supplier issues. He is sending me a holster from a batch he is starting this week. I do not have to pay for it until I get it.

#23 ·
Great holster, love mine. Got it by accident though. I had originally one from Gary's website, was told 16 weeks, then came excuses, told several times its was next in line, on the bench, ready to ship etc... but the holster never came, only excuses. After waiting 8 months and still no holster, only a PAID receipt, I requested and recived a full refund. Found my Max Con this forum from another member who was selling one in NIB condition. Love the holster, but I'd never order and pay in advance for another one. Too long of a wait the first time I tried. Hopefully you will see yours sooner than later. Good luck.

#26 ·
Wow. I wish that he had those turn around times when I ordered. He was way beyond the promised time for my order many years ago. I cancelled and ordered my Max Con from CCA.

But it is a nice holster. Good luck with it.

#28 ·
I have one, and do love it, top quality no doubt, unfortunately, it is no where near the comfort of my ugly crossbreed, which I wear daily. As a matter of fact, I loved it so much, that after a year of using a Max Con, I decided to try a Crossbreed ST, and wanted to hate it so much , that I in fact returned the ST within a day convinced nothing was as comfortable as my Max Cons. Then several months later, I gave the ST a real chance, ignoring its cosmetics which I still cant stand and realized it truely is comortable and tops all I have tried. Now my MC just lays on my night stand beckoning me. I keep debating whether to sell it or not, but dont want to go through a waiting period should I want another. Enjoy it when you get it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.