Defensive Carry banner

Sam Andrews double shoulder holster

11K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
Here's a picture of Sam's fine work. Very comfortable, perfect fit in the holsters. Didn't take but several adjustment to get it set up. As always Sam is apleasure to do business with.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice rig, any chance of getting a pic of it on, and can one of the guns be taken off if so desired and still work?

Ti.

#15 ·
Man, that IS a nice rig. It's hard to picture it on when just laying on a table. When on it looks great and to be honest the grips look better with the two tone than they did before to me.

I just might have to give that rig a try and use the three mag holders on the other side you were talking about instead of the matching pair of 1911's, although very cool, it's not for me.

Ti.

#16 ·
That looks A1 in place - great balance :smilez: (Looks like you got a real nice pond!)

(BTW - I will space out your pics and text a smidgeon more :wink: )

#17 ·
Here's the lastest. One final adjustment, went to the movie rental, spend awhile there, made the mandintory trip to Wally World, picked up another 100rnds 230 grain JHP. They were out of the 185.grain JHP. Got to check the sight alianment. Overall, spent several hrs. out and did not get even a 2nd glance. They are riding perfect now, and very comfortable. Can't go wrong with them.

#18 ·
Slick rig! Very nice!:king:

How about some specifics on those two very good lookin' 1911s?

#20 ·
Thanks, AK, I missed that post.:buttkick:

Beautiful pistolas!:congrats:

#21 ·
Nice rig, that strap across the back is a real stroke of genius. Lots of folks hate the shoulder rigs but there's times when it's the best choice for comfort. Aside from the harness showing through the light colored shirt, does the thickness of the leather itself print through the cover garment?

I've got a single horizontal rig for my Combat Commander on order with Matt Del Fatti and your pics are making the wait even more difficult ... gee, thanks! :wink:
Jack

#22 ·
My uncle knew I had it on and I asked Him to put his finger on a holster. Missed it. lol No the straps don't show. Yep, just like the old Buck Owens song, "All I got to do is act naturally" no one even blinks at me. I can wear a colored tee, with a open cover shirt, And no one's the wiser. Just got word, that hopefully the "tuckables" will be ready in a couple of weeks. Should be getting one in from Gary soon. I think I'm going to see about a job with all the Leather Crafters as a research and product tester. :yup:

#23 ·
maclean3 said:
Nice rig, that strap across the back is a real stroke of genius. Lots of folks hate the shoulder rigs but there's times when it's the best choice for comfort. Aside from the harness showing through the light colored shirt, does the thickness of the leather itself print through the cover garment?

I've got a single horizontal rig for my Combat Commander on order with Matt Del Fatti and your pics are making the wait even more difficult ... gee, thanks! :wink:
Jack
That's going for the creme de la creme, He makes very nice stuff. I'm wanting a PHC from Lou, And I'd like some of Matt's leather someday.

#24 ·
I've Known Sam a LOT of Years

maclean3 said:

Jack
I have two of Sam's shoulder rigs. One for a 1911 Gov't and one for a Glock M27. I usually wear them when the weather here in Miami FL turns cooler. Very comfortable for a long drive or cross country vacations. Sam is a truly NICE guy. When I first met him he was also accepting payment in GOLD BULLION. Don't know if he still does that anymore given the current spot prices on gold. LOL

His shop is just about 20 miles from the place where my father in law resides. I used to drop by when I was up there, but he's tooooo busy to stop and "chat."

I also have an IWB (McDaniel II), and a holster that is SO fast and SO unique Sam should get a special award! Go to http://www.andrewsleather.com and check out the IPSC SADDLE holster. :congrats: WOW. Sam says it's one of the most difficult holsters to make. Not only has he made me TWO, but when I changed the sights on my Glock M21, he successfully ALTERED the snap on the thumb break to accomodate the new Heinie sight. One service of Sam's that I always take advantage of (worth a few extra $$ to me) is my name initials on each custom holster I get from Sam. Nice legacy for the kids....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.