Appendix carry holster for 4" 1911?

This is a discussion on Appendix carry holster for 4" 1911? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have found that AIWB carry works best for my needs. I carry a SA Champion 1911 with a 4" barrel and need a good ...

Thread: Appendix carry holster for 4" 1911?

Appendix carry holster for 4" 1911?

I have found that AIWB carry works best for my needs. I carry a SA Champion 1911 with a 4" barrel and need a good holster for it. Most of the ones I see are for 4.25" 1911's. Can anyone direct me to some nice holsters? Cost is not an issue. The Supertuck I have leaves the end of the slide exposed and gets scratched up bad when I carry. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Ads

www.purekustom.com Awesome holsters, great guy to deal with!

Any thoughts about this one? I just got done making it today. It's a new design for me:

Cool

I use this one for my Glock 19 and 23. Comfortable and well made. I carry at one o'clock.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...et_w_clip.html
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    I don't know how you can carry a 4"1911 appendix... I'm just too darn fat!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I use this one for my Glock 19 and 23. Comfortable and well made. I carry at one o'clock.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...et_w_clip.html
    That one was a little too pricey for me. I ordered a mister softey until I find another one I want. Im looking into high quality custom leather now as well, but they are mostly not AIWB.

Some here have shown holsters with a cant, and I doubt that you would want to have a cant with appendix carry.OMO
    Here is an holster that will work for ya'... http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/1.htm
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I always think it's funny when someone asks for recommendations on Appendix holsters and people recommend holsters with 15 degree cant or holsters that no way could be worn in the appendix position. In my quest for the perfect appendix holster, I can categorically tell you that there are only a handful of holsters out there that work the best for appendix carry. Some makers just try and take a regular summer special type holster add no cant to it and try and call it an appendix carry holster. Well that just doesn't work very well. I have a suggestion for you.......................don't take advice on appendix carry from someone who has never seriously carried in that position.

With that said, I have been EDCing AIWB for the past 2 years and I have some recommendations for you. Buy a appendix holster from a company that uses their product and makes it for that purpose. BTW, I have yet to find a leather holster maker that makes a AIWB holster that is as conceal-able as a Kydex holster. Leather just seems to make the holster to bulky. Some makers that I like are:

1. Dale Fricke Dale sells the Archangel exclusively through Gabe Suarze webstore at One Source Tactical.
    2. Alabama Holster Company
    3. Threat Solutions Holsters
    4. FIST I would get this holster with the slotted leather snap loop.

I personally wear the Dale Fricke Archangel with a Springfield Champion, a Springfield 5" TGO II, a Glock 19 and 17. I like Dale's holsters the best because of the two rubber pull-the-dot straps he uses on the Archangel. They are spaced a little wider than normal which allows you to straddle a belt loop on your pants if needed. The straps allow the holster to move a little while seated which helps with comfort. The straps can be changed for different size belts also. He sets the ride height of the holster at the perfect position. Low enough to conceal well, but high enough to be able to get a full combat grip from the draw. Retention is great because of two screws you can crank down on as much as you want or not.

Appendix carry can be done comfortably and with good conceal-ability with a 4" 1911, but it takes a purposely built AIWB holster to do it. I do it comfortably everyday.

Archangel with 5" 1911...................and yes I can sit down, tie my shoes and drive comfortably.

Archangel with Glock 17

Archangel with Bobtailed Springfield Champion

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by rakkasan1187 View Post
    I have found that AIWB carry works best for my needs. I carry a SA Champion 1911 with a 4" barrel and need a good holster for it. Most of the ones I see are for 4.25" 1911's. Can anyone direct me to some nice holsters? Cost is not an issue. The Supertuck I have leaves the end of the slide exposed and gets scratched up bad when I carry. Thanks in advance!
    First, a 4" 1911 will fit a holster for a 4.25" model with no real discernible difference. Heck, I carry a 4-incher in a 5-inch Summer Special with no adverse effects, other than using a holster that's longer than what I really need.

But what I'm curious about is how your slide gets scratched if you're carrying inside your waistband. Does it rub against your zipper, or the rivets if you wear jeans? Chain mail underwear?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by rakkasan1187 View Post
    That one was a little too pricey for me. I ordered a mister softey until I find another one I want. Im looking into high quality custom leather now as well, but they are mostly not AIWB.
    Wait a minute - your first post stated "Cost is not an issue" - but now you say a $90 holster is too pricey?

Perhaps you should state what your budget is.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links