Glock 23 Holster Help

This is a discussion on Glock 23 Holster Help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For OWB with your G23, here's another vote for the Don Hume 721OT....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 23 Holster Help

For OWB with your G23, here's another vote for the Don Hume 721OT.

2. Remove Ads

My preferred method of carry is also OWB, but occasionally when the need to carry IWB presents itself this is what I use. It's a Thunderbird Defender from K&D Holsters. Its a dual purpose holster that can be worn VERY comfortably either IWB or OWB. Kevin has great prices and his work is immaculate. His current back log is about 6-8 weeks but I can assure you his products are well worth the wait. Here's a couple of pics of my G23 holster.
    Attached Images
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Richard Henry Lee 1788

Quote Originally Posted by TH48 View Post
    My preferred method of carry is also OWB, but occasionally when the need to carry IWB presents itself this is what I use. It's a Thunderbird Defender from K&D Holsters. Its a dual purpose holster that can be worn VERY comfortably either IWB or OWB. Kevin has great prices and his work is immaculate. His current back log is about 6-8 weeks but I can assure you his products are well worth the wait. Here's a couple of pics of my G23 holster.
    And it appears to be "tuckable" as well when worn IWB......nice......and I like the accent piece on there.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    g19 in a bladetech pds iwb at 3:30...comfortable and takes up very little real estate...i fall asleep n top of it sometimes...the draw is fast and holstering is effortless...

My 23 rides in a Pure Kustom OWB-OTG. I also have a shoulder rig by Josh Bulman for it.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

G23 holster

IWB: RM Low Rider by "Rocketman" rmholsters.com
    OWB: Kramer belt scabbard by Kramerleather.com

I really like the RM Low Riders for IWB; I own three of them for different guns; one for a PPK/S, one for a G19 and one for a G30. And; YOU JUST CANNOT GO WRONG WITH Kramer Leather. Kramer's horsehide is not the prettiest; (horsehide doesn't take to the detailed molding as well as cowhide as I read it), but incredibly strong and good retention and absolutely top shelf for OWB concealed carry. Pretty is for BBQ's; Kramer is for real.

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    IWB: RM Low Rider by "Rocketman" rmholsters.com
    OWB: Kramer belt scabbard by Kramerleather.com

I really like the RM Low Riders for IWB; I own three of them for different guns; one for a PPK/S, one for a G19 and one for a G30. And; YOU JUST CANNOT GO WRONG WITH Kramer Leather. Kramer's horsehide is not the prettiest; (horsehide doesn't take to the detailed molding as well as cowhide as I read it), but incredibly strong and good retention and absolutely top shelf for OWB concealed carry. Pretty is for BBQ's; Kramer is for real.
    I am curious as to why somebody would want horsehide for an OWB holster.....horsehide is more for an IWB holster where it needs to withstand sweat & stuff which it does better than cowhide & generally costs more?

....my .02
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

I use my Comp-tac Mtac for both my G23 and 36. I just picked up a Desantis Cozy Partner as a back up. Both are great, I'd recommend the Mtac any day for comfort and fit, but the Desantis does a decent job at 1/2 the price.
    Glock 36 with Lasermax / Glock 23 / Glock 21. Ruger SP101. Taurus 85.

DZSG (Designated Zombie Survival Gun) = 870 Remington Tactical Shotgun

This one here is designed primarily as an IWB, and is very discreet and cozy in that role. It can take many of the popular "tuckable" clips. It can also be converted to OWB, via optional Kydex hard loops, and can be attached to MOLLE gear, via MALICE Clips from Tactical Tailor, or MOLLE Loks from Blade-tech.

Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

As other have said, carrying with a somewhat tight shirt will be problematic unless you use one of the deep concealment options like a SmartCarry. I have both a UBG Regulator and Canute and they are both excellent holsters. The Canute I can wear with a loose fitting t-shirt or polo. With the Regulator I prefer a long sleeve, unbuttoned shirt or a jacket over a t-shirt.

I've attached a pic of the Canute.
    Glock 23
    Ruger SP101 2.25"
    Taurus 740 Slim
    Diamondback DB380

All of my carry Glocks (19,27, 36) ride in either CompTac MTAC or CTAC holsters.

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

the comptac CTAC is my favorite holster. I carry a Glock 26 in it. It is very comfortable and adjustable

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links