Holster Review. MIC Holster from GlockTech

This is a discussion on Holster Review. MIC Holster from GlockTech within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I tried the MIC holster from Glock Tech. To say the least, I was extremely skeptical. I was more interested in other applications, such ...

Thread: Holster Review. MIC Holster from GlockTech

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar

Holster Review. MIC Holster from GlockTech

Well, I tried the MIC holster from Glock Tech. To say the least, I was extremely skeptical. I was more interested in other applications, such as back pack or truck console carry and having the trigger guard covered.

Well, I tried it for appendix carry and I must say it is something. I can't carry my Glock appendix with a leather holster, because just that little bit of thickness is too much. With the MIC, it's just the gun. The loop hangs on your belt and puts the ride height just right.

I got the black and the reverse carbon fiber. I'm not sure if the size difference is coincidence or it's supposed to be, but the black one is longer. The kydex rubs on my hip crease and becomes uncomfortable. The reverse carbon is shorter and is completely comfortable, all day. I asked Mitch about it, but haven't heard back.

I really, REALLY think they need to move on to other guns, too.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

2. Remove Ads

I have the regular kydex and did not realize that there was a size difference compared to the carbon fiber version. Thanks for letting me know.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I started a thread on this recently. My wife and I bought them to see what they were about while at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot. Mitch himself was there selling them. Nice guy, who gets very in to selling his product. We bought a black and a Reverse Carbon Fiber. My wife uses the black and I use the Reverse Carbon. The Reverse is made of .08 Kydex, and the Black is
    .06. The draw on the Reverse is a little more than the black due the frimness of the different kydex. My wife practiced with both and prefers the black for her G26. I am too fat for appendix carry of my G23, so I got novel and tried the 230-300 area. It works very well for me. The posters on my thread all had some skepticism, understandably. Maybe now that a repsected holster maker gives them his stamp of approval, maybe more people will try it.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...risingly-comfy.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

MIc Holster Review

Thanks Nate for the Review on the MIC. To address the size issue, each and every holster is of course handmade so the sizes to tend to vary from time to time. I'll be sending you another black in the shorter size. The ones I sent you were different on purpose so that you could see both sizes and have good a comparison prospective. The reason we do some of the holsters longer is due to several different body types. Some wear there pants tight, some loose. The extra 1/2 inch makes the holster carry diffrerent.

On a different note....I posted a reply to a thread on holsters and commented on, and uploaded a picture of the Regulator Holster which is in a word...AWSOME!. I have never been a fan of leather until I got this holster for Nate. Very well made, great fit and super comfortable. The next time I buy a leather holster, it will be from Nate at UGB Holsters.

And to Jerrod, thanks for the reffer to this forum. Was nice to meet you and your wife at the Machine Gun Shoot.
    Regards, Mitch
    www.glocktech.com
    Home of the Original MIC Holster

This Twinkie thing ain't over

Wink Reply to Glocktech MIC holster

I myself own one of the black mic holster and I must say, for $20.00, It is without a doubt the best deep concealment holster that fits EVERY glock. I love it. I wear my blackhawk Serpa holster when at the range target shooting, but any other time, I where my mic holster. I wear it in the car, to all family functions, and anytime I'm walking out in public. Its just an all around great holster. The way it sits in the pants is comfortable, safe, and very practical, because you can always be sure that you can keep a loaded hot weapon for emergencies, but you wont have an AD. That to me is important. Nobody will ever see where your weapon is at, and you can comfortably wear it in a secure place that is easy to get to and easy to deploy.

Mitch has done a fantastic job at finding a way to deeply conceal a weapon in a very safe and secure way, by making this mic holster. Its just an all around great product and I'm happy to own one.

If you own a glock pistol, you absolutely owe it to yourself to get one of these.

Links