Conceal Carry Purses?

This is a discussion on Conceal Carry Purses? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all Christmas is around the corner, and my wife has a bazillion purses. I decided since we recently got our conceal carry permits a ...

Thread: Conceal Carry Purses?

Conceal Carry Purses?

Hello all Christmas is around the corner, and my wife has a bazillion purses. I decided since we recently got our conceal carry permits a perfect gift would be a purse that holds her gun. I will tell you this my wife is picky when it comes to fashion she likes stuff that is "cute", and matches her outfits yada yada and yada. I have been looking at concealed carry purses, but I know comparing them to her everyday purse color scheme she wont like them. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a place or site that sold "cute" ones for a good price or ones their wife really liked? TIA!!

2. Remove Ads

I don't think I am qualified to make recommendations for purses, but have you looked at Galco?
    http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP2.asp?CatalogID=149
    At least they have a pretty good collection.

Take a look at the Galco Bebe on our website www.lasports.biz. We are closing it out at a good markdown when compared to the Galco MSRP.

Just my opinion, but... I don't think its a good idea to carry in a purse. If a snatcher grabs the purse, its gone.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Do a search, it's been well covered before. Here's a great website for your wife...
    http://www.corneredcat.com/TOC.aspx
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

My wife tried a CC purse, it was not that great of an idea. She switched to CC on the body.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Last year, near here, a woman had her gun in a purse at Sam's Club. It was in her shopping cart as was her grandson. When she wasn't looking, he opened the purse and shot himself! As you can probably tell, I don't think much of off-body carry!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I think buying a woman a purse for any reason is a remarkably bad idea. It is extremely unlikely she will actually like any purse she didn't pick herself and it puts her in the awkward position of pretending to like it so as not to hurt the gift giver's feelings. Discuss pros and cons of purse carry and if she still wants to do that offer to help pick one and offer to pay for it.

If you would like a womans opinion, you can call Galco Customer service (800-874-2526 X4420) and talk to Kristy. She utilizes our producr, perhaps she can help narrow it down. Tell her that Bill King told you to call.
    Life is for the living, sleep is for the dead.

Isn't that like calling the Chevy dealer and asking an employee if you should buy a Chevrolet?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I was actually referring to her ability to give a woman’s perspective based on what his wife carries vs our product line. I should have been more specific.
    It is dangerous buying a purse for a woman. I had my niece help me when I purchased one for my sister.

I am assuming a man brave enough to buy a purse for his wife has the taste and desire to buy a Galco.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I purchased a high end leather CC purse for my daughter at Rays Holsters (Shado Leather) at RAYSHOLSTERS.COM, 727-393-2078. He has a good selection of colors and styles. It has a lockable holster compartment so accidents ought not to happen and a strong enough carrying strap so it will not easily break away. My daughter loves it.

Distinguished Member
    Buying a woman a purse is problematic on many fronts. Dont' do it.

Gift certificate for a gunshop that sells purses along with other stuff.....

She might need two cases of defensive ammo or other gun kind of stuff!

My sister recently got her CCL and has an interest in this mode of carry. I told her that, in order to avoid many of the problems generally associated with having her pistol-in-a-purse, she has to develop an entirely new technique for using it while walking, getting in and out of her car, shopping, etc. I think I broke the premise into about a dozen how-to points, with the essential drift that she can't use this one in the accustomed purse-manner. Good luck!

No one really argues that off body carry is nowhere as good as on body. IMHO it beats leaving the gun at home in the safe by a long shot. It is much more difficult for a woman to carry a gun than a man.

Fashion is against them. A lot of female blouses and jackets are cut so they taper into the waist and hips, thus eliminating drape. Women’s pants don’t usually have belt loops. Often the belt loops they do have are decretive and not placed well to hold a belt and gun.

Their body can be against them, a woman’s hips are typically wider than men’s. This has a tendency to push the barrel of the gun out and drive the grip into their side. This isn’t a comfort issue as in “get used to it”, it is painfull.

Women can look at ankle carry and belly bands (worn with the gun at the appendix carry) to get past the belt issue. This will not always get past the “fashion barrier”. Keep in mind, fashion isn’t about vanity, fashion controls the market for acceptable business attire.

A Holster handbag is not just a cop out. It is often the most practical choice a woman can make to go armed. Yes it requires practice, yes it requires training, but doesn’t a belt holster require these as well?

Links