Defensive Carry banner

How about a horizontal carry Kydex holster?

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  JPCleary 
#1 ·
I tried to get a holster maker fired up about this idea but couldn't. I have long thought that a practical way to carry a small pistol or revolver would be on the front (left or right of the buckle) of the belt in a horizontal position. If the holster was Kydex and the handgun firmly "clicked" in, it would be secure, would be easy to discretely draw and also a great way to carry while seated in a car.

#2 ·
I've seen several makers of "driver's holsters", which are basically a cross-draw with an extreme cant, almost horizontal. Problem is, when you get out of the car they provide little concealability.

#3 ·
You say you want a Kydex holster that can be worn just to the left or right of the belt buckle. You can do this with the Silent Thunder adjustable cant OWB holster, which can be adjusted to any angle (360 degrees of rotation).

I don't know what you'd want to do about concealability. the Silent Thunder has a choice of mounts, one of which is a high/low mount that lets you have the holster higher or lower than the standard mount. Maybe by mounting it high it would be above the hem of a cover garment...

#4 ·
I have this for my Glock-36, and it's a '2-fer'...
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/42.htm
Mine is in leather and is very secure...the gun will not fall out.
I believe that you could also get it in kydex, but I don't know why I would want this type of holster in kydex...the leather works extremely well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.