Crossbreed supertuck...wearing the finish on my glock

This is a discussion on Crossbreed supertuck...wearing the finish on my glock within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Glock doesn't have any wear with leather, but what I notice is slight off-color spots that need to be polished out during my monthly ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossbreed supertuck...wearing the finish on my glock

My Glock doesn't have any wear with leather, but what I notice is slight off-color spots that need to be polished out during my monthly cleaning. I assume from sweat and other water touching the slide in various spots.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

My Glock is showing a bit of the black worn off on the magazine catch and extractor/loaded chamber indicator from a leather holster. I also think I see some evidence of wear on the polymer frame, in the form of "shiny" spots, sort of like the leather has acted as a very fine grit sand paper. I kind of like it.

VIP Member
    Used tools show wear over time. I carry my PT145 in a Kholster (similar to the CBST) and it shows more wear on the leather side than the kydex side. The safety, take down pin and slide release all show wear, but they protrude, so that is anticipated. The barrel end where the slide shows tiny bit of wear on both the leather and kydex side, but more on the leather side. I suspect this is because the leather conforms to the gun as my fat pushes back against it. Most interesing is that the most wear, and it is still very small, is the buffing of the rear right side of the slide that contacts my clothes. The corner where the back and right side of the slide meet shows a bit of wear and it is very, very smooth. I guess the clothes move against the gun more than the holster so it buffs it out more. None of the wear is significant and it certainly does not impact the function of the weapon. I never really noticed it til I looked at the gun in response to this thread.

I assume that as long as the holster or clothes are buffing the finish, they will keep any rust buffed off the weapon as well - the good and the bad.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    That's interesting, I thought I was the only one with that problem. My M&P9c showed a disproportionate amount of wear after less than two months being carried in a Supertuck.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links