Crossbreed supertuck...wearing the finish on my glock

This is a discussion on Crossbreed supertuck...wearing the finish on my glock within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone else have this going on and is this just part of kydex? I love the comfort of the holster, just don't like my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed supertuck...wearing the finish on my glock

Crossbreed supertuck...wearing the finish on my glock

Does anyone else have this going on and is this just part of kydex?

I love the comfort of the holster, just don't like my tennifer finish wearing off on the slide.

Might have to spring for a milt sparks versa max

2. Remove Ads

I thought that tennifer finish was supposed to be incredibly hard and tough?

My kydex paddle holster has caused a lot of blueing to wear on my 1911, but when I had a Glock, it never showed any wear.

Kev
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by renegade01 View Post
    Does anyone else have this going on and is this just part of kydex?

I love the comfort of the holster, just don't like my tennifer finish wearing off on the slide.

Might have to spring for a milt sparks versa max
    I was carrying my glock in a supertuck for a year never had any holster wear . I think you get more hoster wear with leather holster

Distinguished Member
    My supertuck wore both the Gunkote and Park off of my 1911.

For me it's the hard edge at the bottom front of the shell that does the most damage, but the fit is not super tight, so there are other spots as well from rubbing.

Never had such issues with leather. If I get another Crossbreed-style, it will probably be a leather-lined "The Answer". More likely though, I'll prob go back to all-leather IWB after I get my slide re-finished.

any holster will cause wear. as mentioned, leather can be bad as well. i have THE ANSWER for my Kimber. so far so good.

VIP Member
    A.) Almost any finish will wear off eventually with use. Whether kydex or leather wears faster is a never ending debate.

B.) Tenifer is the process used to treat the metal on the GLOCK slides and barrels. It is not the black finish you see on the gun.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Yep, anything that rubs is going to create wear. Besides, Glocks are supposed to be ugly. They work better that way.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

You should see what my Blackhawk SERPA CQC has done to my G19. But I bought it planning on carrying it daily and knowing it was going to get beat up. If you carry it daily, in anything, it will show after a while. I have not noticed any wear specific to my CBST though.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Yep, anything that rubs is going to create wear. Besides, Glocks are supposed to be ugly. They work better that way.
    Yup. I know it seems like I'm being a jerk, but wipe the Glock down with some light oil. I'm betting its just a little dry.
    "Just blame Sixto"

All holsters will wear the finish, in different ways, according the type, construction, and material of the holster. Best thing to do is get over it.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    All holsters will wear the finish, in different ways, according the type, construction, and material of the holster. Best thing to do is get over it.

True, but if there's an option that's just as good, and doesn't leave bare steel in a matter of days, conventional wisdom says go for it...

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    A.) Almost any finish will wear off eventually with use. Whether kydex or leather wears faster is a never ending debate.

B.) Tenifer is the process used to treat the metal on the GLOCK slides and barrels. It is not the black finish you see on the gun.
    The black is a form of black powder coat the Tenifer is IN the metal itself. If you are using the gun for CCW a little wear just shows character. All my working tools have nicks and show wear. Mean you have been using them. Put a little oil on it and leave it alone. It will be fine.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I agree with jwhite, wear just shows character and experience...go with it, and don't worry about it.
    The BGs will never notice it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My G19 has a few wear areas on it from my CBST also. Nothing to worry about, it is not the Tennifer. Just shows you are doing what you should be. Carrying it daily and being safe.

No wear on my G32 whatsoever in a Sparks VM2 after more than two years.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links