Has anyone tried a Rock Steady Belt?

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried a Rock Steady Belt? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...dy_belts_.html About ready to finally order my new rig. I usually try to get the whole rig from one maker, I don't know why, I ...

Thread: Has anyone tried a Rock Steady Belt?

Has anyone tried a Rock Steady Belt?

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...dy_belts_.html

About ready to finally order my new rig. I usually try to get the whole rig from one maker, I don't know why, I just like it better than way. So, since my new 1911 OWB holster is going to be from High Noon, I was looking at their belts. They seem a little bit more expensive than the competition, and they claim that they are better made (which is better than a manufacturer who isn't confident in their product for sure). And the black belts in my size are a stocking item, which is also a perk.

So, who has one of these, preferably that they use to carry a full size gun with. Any finish or wear issues that you have seen? Obviously I want to know how it works as a gun belt.

Any input is welcome.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

High Noon is a good company. Belts made better than others ??? How ??? They make good leather products but better than others. There are alot of fine makers out there and I cannot remember any of them saying "we make them better". But maybe they do - I don't know.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

High Noon Holsters offers a synthetically reinforced two piece belt, (in other words two pieces of leather with a synthetic insert in the middle) because it's far superior then just two pieces of cowhide/bullhide/horsehide sewed together. A special extruded material produced exclusively for High Noon Holsters® is sewn and laminated in between the layers , which gives the belt excellent rigidity and provides the maximum support for any combination of weapon and accessories. Its takes three times as much work to laminate, sew and then finish our belts. A belt manufactured in this way is much stronger then just one piece of thick leather or two pieces sewed together with nothing in the middle
    The above is taken from the High Noon website, and although it doesn't say "made better" (that was my wording), it does say that they are "far superior" to gun belts made most of the normal construction ways, in my mind, I do read that as "better".

I've looked at your A&G belts, but like I said, I'm kind of weird about wanting my whole rig from one manufacturer.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

BuckeyeLCPL;

There's nothing wrong with getting your complete rig from one Maker. You can guarantee a closer match in some cases.

Congrat's on your new leather.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

I have two Rock Steaky belts. One is a 1 1/4" tan belt that I carry the PPS with. The other is a 1 1/2" black one that I carry my M&P45c on. For me they out perform anything else I've tried. Obvious craftsmanship, strength and utility.
    Honor is self-esteem made visible in action. - Ayn Rand

Links