Single Mag Pouch Options

Single Mag Pouch Options

This is a discussion on Single Mag Pouch Options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking to switch from one double mag pouch to two single ones. (Better to curve along my bony waist, and I'd like the option to ...

Single Mag Pouch Options

Looking to switch from one double mag pouch to two single ones. (Better to curve along my bony waist, and I'd like the option to carry just one at times.) Currently have a Safariland double pouch.

What's the slimmest pouch available? Belt space is at a premium for me.

Safariland's CD mag clips don't seem to have many fans on this site, but are cheap enough for me to try, I suppose. $11/each at copsplus.com.

Has anyone actually used them?? Be interested to hear some firsthand experience.

Otherwise, what's the best option in leather or kydex? The Del Fattis look nice...but they're a lot steeper at $55/per...

Thanks for the assist,

AX

Lead Moderator
    I use a Uncle Mike's single poly case . clips on the belt, seems to work ok. Otherwise I use a knife sheath to hold a spare mag. Seems to me a double mag pouch would take less room on the belt.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

A freind of mine gave me one for a 1911 some years ago. It seemed to work pretty good but the steel would sometimes catch on clothing etc. I carried it in my car and used it as a fast extra carrier (making three on my belt) if I thought I might need an extra.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I agree with Matt that this design would be more of a liability than asset. Lou Alessi makes and awesome single mag pouch and they are readily available from his only retailer. Just go to e-bay and do a search for Alessi holsters and the page will come up. There were a few available yesterday for all different types of weapons.

Assistant Administrator
    I bought a single Galco from a member here a while back - it has a clip to go on belt - excellent item.

Sorry no pic to hand but Galco site will show them.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I use the Fobus paddle single mag pouch and love it. It is easy to put on and take off and does not require a belt. So if you are carrying using a belly band or ankle holster you can still easily carry an extra mag.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

What about this?

AgenX

I know you already have a holster, and I would think that you love it, but look at this one.

I have made a few of them because the guys who wanted it wanted the slim lines as well as the extra capacity.

I use a Milt Sparks #17 -- $37 on their website. I think it works well as it's only slightly larger than the mag and sits up high so it's easy to conceal.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I have and use one like your first pic for my ppks , used to have one for gvt model .45 and also a speedloader clip ( wonder where they got to ) but as for now i use an el cheepo nylon clipon for ccw for my carry gun . Never had any problem with the safariland spring steel bikini style other than it really cant be turned arround and carried iwb ( one range trip will convince you of this ) LOL
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Hi guys. New to the forum and don't mean to be making shamless plugs, but, since you're discussing something I'm involved in, maybe I can offer an alternative. To make it short, I am RM Holsters and I offer a single mag pouch for $15. I deal strictly with Kydex. Pouches can me seen at http://www.rmholsters.com

Thanks for a fine board...

DeSantis Holster

This is my favorite IWB holster that has a built in mag pouch.

http://www.desantisholster.com/n91.html

The n91 is an offshoot of our n87 holster, but with the ability of total stealth. It is made of padded ballistic nylon and has a "J" hook mount. The Kydex suspender can be adjusted 360 degrees, making the Tuck-This totally adaptable. A spare magazine pouch is standard for auto-loader models. It can be worn cross draw or as a small of the back holster, or swap out the suspender for the "L" shaped suspender (provided) for strong side IWB carry. The "J" hook accommodates belts up to 1 " wide. $32.99

Mark

Rocketman - Have you posted on the new members board? If not, welcome to CC forum. That's a cool avatar too.
    Mods - I wasn't tryin to hijack this thread, just trying to be friendly.
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Thanks for all the replies and advice!

Those Alessis look like they'd fit the bill, but I need 2 in black, and it appears there's only one available on EBay. (Know where I can get two without a 26 week wait?? I will try to contact the seller, too, to see if he has more than one.) I might just try the metal clips, or just stick with my current double pouch.

I can't carry IWB for the pistols or the mag, and I always need a belt, which limits my options somewhat. All the alternatives you guys showed look like great work, but they're just not options for what I do. Rocketman, the kydex stuff looks cool, but it looks like they'll be too wide for my application. (Again, small waist with a LOT of gear...need the slimmest thing I can find.)

Again, my thanks to all,

Mike

Links