Folding wallet hoster?

Folding wallet hoster?

This is a discussion on Folding wallet hoster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone knew of a folding wallet holster? I'm looking for one for my PSA baby browning. I bought one that is ...

Folding wallet hoster?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a folding wallet holster? I'm looking for one for my PSA baby browning. I bought one that is too big and fills my whole pocket. Definitely doesn't look like a real wallet size wise and someone who knows guns may realize that I'm carrying. I'd like to have a small folding holster to hide print and look like an authentic wallet. I'm guessing someone makes one somewhere. Thanks!

Ex Member
    They are no longer made, they are illegal to use. There are a few that pop up on Gunbroker at times. They ARE legal to own, but illegal to use.

Wow I wasn't aware of that. How about a small regular wallet holster?

I had a friend who worked a one man night traffic unit. He had one built into a custom leather citation book cover that held a .22 mag derringer. He always approached with his ticket book in his hand.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Cool

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...=189581552#PIC

I have one of these for my Beretta 950 .25 cal. that I got back in the early 80's. It works well and I can fire a full mag in one go without malfunctions.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Anything you can fire through like that is now illegal to use or carry.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Actually it is illegal only if you do not have the proper paperwork and tax stamp. It is a NFA weapon under federal law if the firearm is in the holster. The holster in an of itself is just a piece of leather.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    They are no longer made, they are illegal to use. There are a few that pop up on Gunbroker at times. They ARE legal to own, but illegal to use.
    Not necessarily illegal...this wallet holster is completely legal... http://unclegeorgeswalletholster.com/default.aspx

So is this one... http://www.pocketholsters.com/Ruger_...wallet_ho.html

And this one... http://www.andrewsleather.com/pocket.htm

But this one would be illegal... http://gunnersecurity.com/holster-Kel_Tek_wallet-1.htm

Now read this...
    Wallet Holsters & ATF Regulations
    by: mingtoismom

The Bureau Of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms (ATF) has decided that the Wallet Holsters which allow the gun to be fired while it is still in the holster, are now considered "Any Other Weapon" (AOW) The description of AOW is a device that is designed to not look like a firearm and yet fires a bullet. So the concept is that because it looks like a wallet and mugger may percieve it as a wallet as you are shooting him, the ATF thinks they should demand a tax on it. The tip up Berettas, the Seecamp, several other pistols, have holsters specifically designed for them.

Now if you obtain one, you have to take it to a Class II manufacturer who fills out the appropriate paperwork and registers the weapon/holster combination as an AOW. The next step is to get the signature of a local law enforcement officer (Chief of Police or Sheriff), then get fingerprinted and send the whole thing off to ATF, along with (2) photographs of yourself, and $ 5.00 to cover the tax that is due.

In a few months, they will send you a tax stamp that says you can own it. Now you go back to the Class II guy and pick it up. If you plan on carrying it on your person, make sure you have a copy of this documentation with you at all times. Each state has specific laws governing the ownership of these devices so you better check first to make sure you can legally own it before you plunk down your hard earned dollars.

The paperwork is larger and harder to conceal than the gun! If you cannot find a Class II manufacturer in your area, the only alternative is to "make your own" AOW. This will cost you a whopping $ 200.00 to obtain the tax stamp. You cannot take possession of the gun and holster combination until you have been approved and have your stamp.

If you really want one of these holsters, do your homework and check it out for yourselves. A Federal Criminal Charge is something most people can do without!!!!!!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yeah I wasn't looking for one to fire out of but rather more of the size of the gun and possibly folding so you couldn't see the top in my pocket. The zipper one looks good but they don't make it for a small baby browning

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

Like this?

That's what I'm looking for. I'll need a smaller scale for my smaller gun but I'm emailing them to see if it's possible. Thanks

Links