What shoulder rig do y'all use? - Page 3

What shoulder rig do y'all use?

This is a discussion on What shoulder rig do y'all use? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There are several stored in the holster box but the ones I used the most are a couple of Banchi X-15s, one for a 4-inch ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What shoulder rig do y'all use?

There are several stored in the holster box but the ones I used the most are a couple of Banchi X-15s, one for a 4-inch Smith & Wesson K-Frame and one for a full sized 1911. There's also a Holsters Unlimited shoulder holster for a Smith & Wesson 2-inch J-Frame in there along with one or two others.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

you can buy a harness by itself. If you get a Miami Classic (narrow straps) and order the Clasic II harness (wider straps) by itself if you want the Classic style mag carrier. The harness is about 35 dollars. If it didn't make a difference, you could return it. I buy my stuff at Optics Planet

Just a thought

I use a Galco for my Beretta M9. For a heavy duty-type gun with three 15 rd. mags,it is a very comfortable rig to wear. I think its the Miami Classic II because it has the wider shoulder straps but the mag pouch is vertical. I bought it used off of ebay a couple of years ago.The seller advertised it as a Miami Classic but after I got it I realized it didn't have the narrow straps.The straps and mag pouch are the same color,but the holster is a slightly different shade.Mabey the seller switched out the holster at one point.And only the bottom two points of the plate swivel,not all four points. I prefer the wider straps anyways-I have a wide chest and broad back,and I think the narrow straps wouldn't fit me very well.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Since we are on the subject of shoulder rigs,do any of you wear one over a t-shirt with a casual button up shirt as cover, with no jacket or secondary covering?I have often wondered how this would work.It seems the draw would be a bit more difficult,as opposed to other methods.Not to hi-jack a thread,just curious.
    That's what I'd like to do if found one comfortable enough.
    For God, Family and Country!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    High Noon
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Have had 2 of Ted Blocker's rig for about 20 years now and also now have a Galco. I must admit the shoulder straps are nicer on the Galco, plus I LOVE the new horizontal mag/light carrier, but for the holster component, the Blocker is tops!!

Better fit, quality and the way it attaches makes the butt of the weapon tip in toward your body for great concealment! It to0 carries a 1911 cocked/locked.

I have always wondered about the Monarch rig from Andrew Leather. That thing looks sweet!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I had an X-15 for my Colt Python but the elastic gave out in the cross the back stretch. Now I do a Mex carry with my G-19. Still have the Python...
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
    Question here

Do the thicker straps on the Jackass Rig and the MCII make a noticable difference with weight distribution/comfortability? I think they would but they are only a 1/2" thicker than the Miami Classic which isn't very much. Anybody tried both?
    I have both the narrow straps and the MCII wider straps. I much prefer the narrow straps and I use my shoulder holsters often - normally under a sport coat but in warmer months, the shoulder holster goes on over a T shirt and a loose fitting shirt covers and conceals everything quite nicely. As a rule I carry a 4" 1911 for once in awhile I have to pull out my Beretta 92. The Miami Classic is a very good holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    I had an X-15 for my Colt Python but the elastic gave out in the cross the back stretch. Now I do a Mex carry with my G-19. Still have the Python...
    I had the same problem with my Bianchi X15's. That elastic strap would lose strength and the holster just wouldn't work. So I replaced the elastic with a leather harness.

The harness is made with 1" leather so it can really distribute the weight of a heavy gun. They make the rig very comfortable. The picture above shows a Ruger Redhawk in a X15 with my replacement straps. The straps also work on similar rigs from Safariland and Buchiemer. They give new life to old holsters.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

I like OKSHOOTER just bought a Bodyguard in black for my new S & W 1911 & love it

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Since we are on the subject of shoulder rigs,do any of you wear one over a t-shirt with a casual button up shirt as cover, with no jacket or secondary covering?I have often wondered how this would work.It seems the draw would be a bit more difficult,as opposed to other methods.Not to hi-jack a thread,just curious.
    Yes. With Ken Null's SMZ I was able to carry a 4" barrel K-frame under a dress shirt. Obviously, the shirt can't be skin-tight and it does slow down the draw. But it can work.
    I do use the Galco Miami Classic for my 1911. Nice holster, but not enough holes for skinny people like me to gird it up high. So when I created my beloved Frankenholster for the PPK/s, I used:
    The holster from a Null SMZ, the single magazine pouch from a Galco Lite, and a Bianchi X-harness for maximum adjustability. Results were excellent. The gun carries high and tight with practically no printing and no need for tie-downs (the issue with the SMZ).

galco vertical shoulder rigs and i love it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links