K-25 Kydex Multi-Role Concealment Holster

This is a discussion on K-25 Kydex Multi-Role Concealment Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In response to customer inquiries, I've been working, somewhat secretly, on a line of all Kydex concealment holsters, which I'm calling K-25, as a nod ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: K-25 Kydex Multi-Role Concealment Holster

K-25 Kydex Multi-Role Concealment Holster

In response to customer inquiries, I've been working, somewhat secretly, on a line of all Kydex concealment holsters, which I'm calling K-25, as a nod to the K-25 gaseous diffusion plant that enriched uranium for the atom bomb project in Oak Ridge, TN (also, K-25 denotes Kydex, @ 25 degree cant). This holster works extremely well in both IWB and OWB roles, exhibiting excellent concealment, comfort, retention and draw. I've been making them for Glock 19/23/32 and M&P 9/.40/.357 FS, and have been distributing them quietly to customers whose inquiries have come to me by email or private message, here and on other forums. The feedback has very positive, and more than encouraging. Word is starting to get around, and people are asking for other models. Now, I'm setting up for other mid to full size service type autos, and will soon be ready to make holsters for Glock 17/22/31, Glock 34/35, Glock 20/21, M&P 9/.40 L, M&P .45 FS, 5" 1911, 5" 1911 w/rail, 4.25" 1911, HK P30, HK 45, and others. I'm airing this out now, to see if I can get a feel for what models will be in most demand, so that I can prioritize which ones I will tool up for first. I'll be standing by for comments and questions.

Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

2. Remove Ads

I'd love to see one in OWB configuration. I really like the kydex pancake OWB's...like Raven Concealment's...but they have a long lead time these days. I wish there were a few more holster makers making that design...
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by JPCleary View Post
    I'd love to see one in OWB configuration. I really like the kydex pancake OWB's...like Raven Concealment's...but they have a long lead time these days. I wish there were a few more holster makers making that design...
    I believe there ARE a few holster makers out there making RCS Phantom clones. While they're probably making good money at it, I'm not interested in joining them on that bandwagon.

Here's a pic of the Kydex hard loops that convert the K-25 to OWB config:
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Like to see

Glock 30
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right. - Learned Hand

That's a nice looking kydex holster. It looks like it was made for the guns shown, unlike the kydex holster I received recently.
    Can clips be used in place of the belt loops? And I'm wondering if the belt loops shown can be moved to the other holes or are those just the style of rivets you used? I've often wondered what a high riding IWB would be like, but I've never seen any kydex holsters that versatile.

Lead Moderator
    Good looking kydex rig.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Looks like you're on to something there. I think you might want to add the G30 to your list of soon-to-be model choices.

My hesitancy with the Raven is its boxy shape, which appears larger and bulkier than necessary. IWB isn't working out as well as I've hoped, so OWB is looking more attractive.

Here's what would interest me. For a Glock 30; Mid- to high-ride pancake style that is shaped to wear either outside or under belt, with a slide shield. I'd like it to not hang any lower (below the belt) than needed, so that a shirt worn untucked would cover it. My G30 would fit the G21 holster but would be longer than necessary.

The cant choice has always been an issue with me (and my rotund shape). I'm not sure what cant would fit me best. I've experimented with a Forbus "Roto paddle" and what seems to conceal best is zero or slightly negative (reverse) cant worn at about 2:00 position.

Until then, I think you efforts will pay off; it's a nice looking kydex holster, as far as kydex looks go.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

OklVet answered you better than I did. Same specs would be great for me. Thanks.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right. - Learned Hand

Quote Originally Posted by desertccw View Post
    Glock 30
    I have been getting requests for the Glock 29/30, so it seems I'll have to get that covered. Takes a little time to make the templates, and there's only one of me, but I'll get it done as quickly as I can...

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    That's a nice looking kydex holster. It looks like it was made for the guns shown, unlike the kydex holster I received recently.
    Can clips be used in place of the belt loops? And I'm wondering if the belt loops shown can be moved to the other holes or are those just the style of rivets you used? I've often wondered what a high riding IWB would be like, but I've never seen any kydex holsters that versatile.
    You've asked some good questions. Yes, the holster will accept various clips, including some tuckable ones, made by other companies. I don't make clips, or endorse any particular clips made by others, because I don't have a lot of confidence in clips. Also, both, the IWB soft loops and the OWB hard loops, can be repositioned to raise the ride height of the holster, by about .75". One other thing that I'd like to mention here is that the holster is designed to accept MALICE Clips or MOLLE Loks, so that you can attach it to your MOLLE gear.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Thank you. If you reply to this thread when you have it on offer, we'll be notified.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Good looking kydex rig.
    Thank you, sir! I really appreciate that, coming from a fellow Kydex bender.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Looks like you're on to something there. I think you might want to add the G30 to your list of soon-to-be model choices.

My hesitancy with the Raven is its boxy shape, which appears larger and bulkier than necessary. IWB isn't working out as well as I've hoped, so OWB is looking more attractive.

Here's what would interest me. For a Glock 30; Mid- to high-ride pancake style that is shaped to wear either outside or under belt, with a slide shield. I'd like it to not hang any lower (below the belt) than needed, so that a shirt worn untucked would cover it. My G30 would fit the G21 holster but would be longer than necessary.

The cant choice has always been an issue with me (and my rotund shape). I'm not sure what cant would fit me best. I've experimented with a Forbus "Roto paddle" and what seems to conceal best is zero or slightly negative (reverse) cant worn at about 2:00 position.

Until then, I think you efforts will pay off; it's a nice looking kydex holster, as far as kydex looks go.
    Glock 30 model is inevitable. I think that, if you tried one of these holsters, in the OWB mode, at ~4:00 on your belt, you'd find it vastly more comfortable, and more concealable, than your current setup. The 25 degree cant presents the grip very nicely to access by the user's hand. Combined with the ability to raise the ride height of the holster, it should make it very easy for you to conceal it under an untucked shirt, by reducing the vertical extension of the muzzle end of the gun and holster. Works very well for me, with my M&P 9 and Glock 19.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

how much for one for the m&p 9???
    glock 26- crossbreed ST
    SA micro compact 1911-crossbreed ST
    S&W m&p 9 crossbreed ST
    S&W bodygaurd 380
    S&W M&P15-eotech

Quote Originally Posted by JGglock View Post
    how much for one for the m&p 9???
    I've sent you a PM about that.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links