experience with clipdraw holster

This is a discussion on experience with clipdraw holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i use a small iwb for the pocket pistol when i feel like carrying in the wasteband...similar to the one in the link...its non-intrusive and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: experience with clipdraw holster

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i use a small iwb for the pocket pistol when i feel like carrying in the wasteband...similar to the one in the link...its non-intrusive and keeps the gun where i put it....small guns are easy to holster in a non-reinforced holster because you can lead it in with your fingers...the belt clip is something on the gun that i dont need in my way in a situation....

2. Remove Ads

I've used a Jentra clip for my Glock 27 but only when I also installed the heavier NY trigger
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Bad idea IMO...here's an example of an ND with clipdraw holster: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....ghlight=church ...it was a KelTec P32

If the trigger isn't covered, you're inviting embarrassment (or worse) with a ND..
    Thanks for that post. Yeahhhh, that P32, pocket holster definitely, even though I have a clip on it. I do what I do because I've been trained to have heightened situational awareness, so when it comes to my firearms, I am always at condition yellow. Not saying it couldn't happen to me, its just whenever I put my hand on my firearm, I treat it like I am adjusting artillery around a village, with care and attention to detail. Lives are always at stake. That's my weird way. If you haven't lived or trained to live with that kind of attention to detail and constant situational awareness, I'd rethink clip carrying without a manual safety on your firearm. By the way, this forum/site is awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Bad idea IMO...here's an example of an ND with clipdraw holster: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....ghlight=church ...it was a KelTec P32

If the trigger isn't covered, you're inviting embarrassment (or worse) with a ND..
    - No offense to that officer, but it sounds like he has poor trigger discipline. The Kel-Tec's trigger is very heavy and I doubt the Clip Draw was his main issue.

Even the opportunity for a ND is reason enough to dismiss it as a viable option.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Clipdraw inside holster and without holster.
    Attached Images

I was searching the internet and I was looking for the SAF T BLOK for the Kahr PM40. I can only find the SAF T BLOK for the Glock. Does anyone know if they make one for the Kahr PM40

Quote Originally Posted by Slynchee View Post
    I was searching the internet and I was looking for the SAF T BLOK for the Kahr PM40. I can only find the SAF T BLOK for the Glock. Does anyone know if they make one for the Kahr PM40
    Just a thought, do you think it is good to be fooling around with your finger inside the trigger guard if you aren't pulling the trigger? And do you think you will be able to utilize your fine motor skills to get it out of the way with your fight instinct kicking it? With enough training, it probably is possible.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I've been using the clipdraw on my glock 19 for 2 years now and have never felt in the slightest bit worried that the trigger would be pulled. I'm a smaller guy and even the smallest concealed holster shows up pretty easy on me so this was a great option and i dont think i could carry any other way now. your belt acts as the trigger guard as well as your skin on the other side. i've ran with it, wrestled my dog with it and feel totally confident with it. So it just comes down to personal preference, but ya can't knock it if you haven't tried it.

If you're going to use Clipdraw at least consider one of these:

VanGuard Holster System

or a Dale Fricke Zacchaeus
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

With quality, thin holsters out there like the Remora, I can't think of a good reason to use the ClipDraw.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I used a ClipDraw years ago with a 3" M1911. I never had any operational issues with it. The pistol never rode up on me. The clip did put a small scratch on the pistol's stainless steel finish, so I wouldn't use one on an expensive finish. One reason that I stopped using it was that the clip really only held the pistol uncanted on my belt. I prefer a forward cant, so sought another IWB solution.

Granted that the ClipDraw doesn't cover the trigger, but if you're relying on a system outside of your brain/finger connection for safety, you are fooling yourself. Carelessness will defeat any safety system. I don't want to start a flame war, but I'd rather use a ClipDraw than a Shirpa. I like my Milt Sparks VersaMax 2 best of all, though.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links