Blackhawk serpa holster?

This is a discussion on Blackhawk serpa holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I picked up the serpa "concealment" model,and upon trying it on wearing a Tshirt and an unbuttoned shirt over that it conceals a lot ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk serpa holster?

Well I picked up the serpa "concealment" model,and upon trying it on wearing a Tshirt and an unbuttoned shirt over that it conceals a lot better than I thought it would. I've always liked the paddle holster concept and the comfort level is great as well,I may have to invest in a Kramer MSP paddle rig for this gun.

I hear these are closest riding leather paddle rigs on the market and also conceal the best as well. Can anyone here who owns a krammer msp paddle rig confirm this?
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

I have one for my H&K P-30. I found it on E-Bay for $30.
    I don't carry the P-30 but I couldn't pass it up. Retention is good. It's got the finger release which works just like you expect.
    What did surprise me was how tenacious it is on my pants. I expected to slide it off, (I wanted that) but I couldn't get the darn thing to turn loose.
    I had to release my belt, unsnap the clasp, then work the holster back and forth to remove it.
    The paddle has these little hooks, which don't look like much, but they resist upward movement, and I'm not kidding.

At the end of the day, I prefer leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    I have one for my H&K P-30. I found it on E-Bay for $30.
    I don't carry the P-30 but I couldn't pass it up. Retention is good. It's got the finger release which works just like you expect.
    What did surprise me was how tenacious it is on my pants. I expected to slide it off, (I wanted that) but I couldn't get the darn thing to turn loose.
    I had to release my belt, unsnap the clasp, then work the holster back and forth to remove it.
    The paddle has these little hooks, which don't look like much, but they resist upward movement, and I'm not kidding.

At the end of the day, I prefer leather.
    Ive got one and I HATE it for the same reason. There aint no gettin that holster off your belt without undressing. It holds my gun to far away from my belt and prints like crazy. Thanks for reminding me to put my Serpa on E-bay.
    Last edited by wormy; December 9th, 2010 at 08:14 PM.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i use mine for my 1911, XDM, and soon my Bersa Firestorm, I love those holsters for OC, but they are horrible to conceal reliably due to their bulk
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Administrator
    I'm going against the grain here, I think they are junk. Just a step up from a Fobus, they might be OK to get you by in a pinch.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I have them for my G19/26, S&W 642 and XD40sc/45. I really like the paddle feature. I use them for cc if I'm wearing a cover garment, instead of just a t-shirt. As others have said they are great for range and field use, too... Never had any issues with the trigger lock mechanism...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Cheap, bulky, useless if the mechanism breaks or jams, a debatably dangerous design... What isn't to like? But they are fast, and affordable. Safariland's concealable ALS is everything the Serpa wants to be, by the way, but at a necessarily higher price point.
    God, country, family.

I have one for my G27 and another for my Beretta 96. They are great holsters. I really like them when I OC, usually riding my bike, but I can cc also with a sweater or jacket. I think every gun owner should at least get one for their favorite carry gun.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

+1 on the Safariland system. I have a Serpa and will not use it. Bulky. There are several Gun Schools out there that will not permit them due to the rocks, dirt and jamming issue along with the perfect presentation of your trigger finger on the trigger at the draw. I am dumping mine in the garbage as I speak.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Anyone who has one that fits a G23 and doesn't like it, I'll give you $25 for it. Blackhawk Serpa CQC Concealment RH.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I like them for when OC'ing. Fobus for when CC'ing for me.
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'm going against the grain here, I think they are junk. Just a step up from a Fobus, they might be OK to get you by in a pinch.
    Agree with sixto on this one. Bought one on sale at USCav for way cheap. Decided I couldnt go wrong, for the price. It was for my P228. The theory of how they work is great in principal, they are definitely not concealable which I knew before I bought, but the gun rattles around loose, and is the paddle is very uncomfortable and hard to situate. I think I would rather have a Fobus, honestly.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    My Serpa is one one my most carried holsters in cooler weather where it is easily concealed under a vest or jacket. I have one for a Glock 19/23 that works for all my Glocks...19, 22, 23 & 27. All my other holsters are leather open-top, which work well when concealed, but if I'm open carrying...it's the BH Serpa.

Hey Blue Thunder...PM me and I'll give you my address to send me your unwanted Serpa...I can always use a back-up.
    Proud NRA member

A few posters have mentioned finger dropping into trigger well upon release. Really? I dont get it or maybe my training has paid off. I just picked one up. The release is aboe the trigger well, so upon release and as you begin to present the weapon, your trigger finger should be resting above the trigger well, on the frame. Maybe just me, but I dont see an issue there at all.

As for the holsters fit, I wish it was a little tighter and Im not referring to the retention screw. It seems to rock a bit back and forth on my 19. I checked the holster twice and its marked for the g19. Anyways, just my 2 pennies.
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    ...maybe my training has paid off.
    This.

The problem is usually those who haven't trained, especially those relatively new to carrying. They pop their fancy new gun in their whiz-bang holster, go to draw for the first time with a loaded gun, and BANG!

This effect can be exacerbated by the Serpa. Thus, I don't recommend it on general principle. I have no idea what any giver person's level of competence is, except my own. Why tempt fate?

Those who know the dos and donts of carry and drawing usually don't have a problem, but it's best to be aware of the possibility.
    Last edited by Xader; December 13th, 2010 at 03:16 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links