The perfect BUG setup?

This is a discussion on The perfect BUG setup? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Disclaimer: If you don't like the Ruger LCP or handguns with lasers mounted on them, just move on to another post now and don't waste ...

Thread: The perfect BUG setup?

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar

The perfect BUG setup?

Disclaimer: If you don't like the Ruger LCP or handguns with lasers mounted on them, just move on to another post now and don't waste your time or the time of the members who are interested in this post......thanks.

As we all generally know by now the Ruger LCP is one of if not the top selling small semi-auto BUG handgun today for good reasons.....inexpensive, quality made by a solid reputable maker who backs their products 100%, and well designed for the function its made for.

Those who own them also know the sights are almost useless in a practical sense. If ever a small handgun was "made" for mounting a quality laser this is it IMO. I personally have been shooting handguns for over 40 years (I am 52) and shot, trained, practiced and competed with handguns for most of this time without lasers on any handguns I own, so I learned to shoot and shoot well without anything other than iron sights. Lasers are not meant to be a crutch or to compensate for a lack of basics, skills or training. They are just another tool in your kit to help you survive a gunfight and could well be the deciding factor in some cases. I really can not think of any scenario where I would use this handgun at a distance of more than say 10 yards max and that would be extreme and the laser allows easy sighting and quick followup at the distances this handgun is designed for. For a cost of around $150 they are well worth in on this CCW package.

The Remora No-Clip holster is also a new addition to my CCW line-up and I have to say it’s a well made and very practical carry option for the LCP or any other IWB carried handgun. I own around 50 holsters of all types and makes so I know from experience and trail and error what works. The Remora stays put when you place it IWB and even if I run while carrying it does not move at all…..it truly does not need the clip and is very comfortable to carry all day if required. The material its made from is extremely grippy so much so if you place the holster gun on your car seat and slam on the brakes it will not slide off the seat, it grips tenaciously. For a cost of a bit less than $30 shipped its economical also.

Is this the "perfect" BUG setup? For me it is.......at least for now.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

The Remora holster looks very interesting. Looks like it may be a good alternative to using the Kel-Tec "clipdraw". I'm not afraid of an exposed trigger, but I find the gun's slide digging into me once in a while.

1. How comfortable is the Remora?
    2. Can it be used as a pocket holster?
    3. Do you know what the difference between the 2 and 2A is?

Very nice...I agree about lasers, i think they are a great addition to any pocket sized guns, with minimal sights Like the LCP. Looks like a great set up. Good going.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post

1. How comfortable is the Remora?
    2. Can it be used as a pocket holster?
    3. Do you know what the difference between the 2 and 2A is?
    I have found the Remora to be very comfortable. It has a bit of padding under the grippy outer material and this makes it less likely for the gun to dig into your waistline.

It can be used as a pocket holster but the material is so darn grippy that its a bit difficult to get the holster out of the pocket. Another thing I really like about this holster is if you choose to remove it when you drive you can just stick the holster down between the seats or console (depending on the vehicle) right beside you and it stays put under any driving conditions.

The 2A is for small handguns with accessories like the LCP with the laser mounted.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Ex Member
    Nice setup but I prefer my S&W 638 with a CT laser.

Links