Holster for glock 30

This is a discussion on Holster for glock 30 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cannon decide between the kholster or the mtac I've heard great things about both. I'm a heavier guy with the belly and love handles so ...

Thread: Holster for glock 30

Holster for glock 30

Cannon decide between the kholster or the mtac I've heard great things about both.

I'm a heavier guy with the belly and love handles so comfort while sitting is a must. anyone have expirience with either of these and that handgun?
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

STUPID=WELL YOU CANT FIX THEM ALL

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    mtac is a great holster; I have 3 of them. While I don't have a kholster, they look pretty ugly, but, I have never heard a bad review on their comfort and concealability.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I carry my Glock 30 in a Crossbreed but a friend on another gun forum carries an XD in a Kholster that he modified in a cool way. I'm sure the G30 fill work the same way. He loves the comfort on his Kholster. Check this out:
    http://s494.photobucket.com/albums/r...L.jpg&newest=1
    "No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Glock 30, S&W model 29-2 44 magnum, Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 magnum, S&W 38 special airweight, NAA 22 mag, PF9, and 1 patriotic wife with her CC permit.

VIP Member
    I am 6'5" and about 330#. I have Kholsters for all my carry guns and they are, hands down, the most comfortable way I have ever carried IWB. Additionally, they rival many OWB holsters for comfort while concealing better than most OWB holsters. They are highly configurable with all the holes provided. After you find the best carry angle/set-up you can modify as Brangus' buddy did, however, I have not found the need to make such changes.

I admit I have not tried all the alternatives, but for the price the Kholster is an outstanding value and it is comfortable enough that I frequently forget it is there. As for "ugly", it is a tool for concealed carry. Nobody sees it, so who cares what it looks like. I admit it is not much to look at, but it provides a secure, quiet, comfortable and cost effective way to bring your protection with you.

I don't have the G30, but do carry the G21, G22 and Taurus PT145 Pro, which is similar in size to the G30, in Kholsters.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I take it you're looking for an IWB holster specifically? Never carried my former G30 IWB. I used a Don Hume J.I.T. holster back in the day OWB with mine. Never could get the MTac to work for me personally. Comfort while sitting has always topped my list. I've carried appendix over the past year myself and sitting isn't an issue with the holster I've used for that. Our physical characteristics will always play an important role. Thing is............where are you going to wear it, or where do you want to wear it? Will you be comfortable wearing it at 3 o'clock when seated....but fidgeting with it while you're standing or walking? Many choose a CC pistol for many reasons. Then comes the holster selection that puts everything together. Seems to me that the pistol selection is a lot easier for most, and the holster and how they'll carry their chosen pistol become a difficulty or a burden. That dilemma comes from us not being able to thinking of two things at the same time. You....your chosen carry pistol, and your holsters need to become a package ordeal. If the holster won't work, change it.......if the pistol won't work....change it.....if you have the right pistol for you, you'll find a way to carry it effectively or you'll be damned. Like I've said before....for some, it's easy, for others it's a search and a row to hoe. Your willingness to work with what you have chosen makes you the field engineer. Advice is always something to look into, but don't forget that advice is mainly coming from personal experience. It's always personal when it comes to CC, because CC is rather personal. CC has nothing to do with a team aspect.....it's you alone on the front line when the time comes. I can honestly say that maybe I've been lucky not to have a drawer full of unwanted, unused, misfit holsters. My drawer is full of holsters that I use. I've made a poor decision now and then, but I can count those times on one hand. That comes with experience.
    I know that you'll find the best for you in short order. You just may have to put forth some extra effort in working with what you find, and it will all come together in due time.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I can honestly say that maybe I've been lucky not to have a drawer full of unwanted, unused, misfit holsters. My drawer is full of holsters that I use. I've made a poor decision now and then, but I can count those times on one hand. That comes with experience. I know that you'll find the best for you in short order. You just may have to put forth some extra effort in working with what you find, and it will all come together in due time.
    I have a box of holsters that don't work for me. Some are good holsters, just not for my body type, others, well I tried to do it on the cheap. I did, however, stop adding to the box when I tried my first Kholster. I have purchased several more for myself and given a few away to friends of various body types that have all universally loved them. Kholster has a 90 day unconditional guarantee. If you don't like it for any reason, return it and get a refund. I seriously doubt you will return a Kholster once you try it.

Some may say I am as sold out for Kholster as Retsupt99 is for Fist. Great, we have both found something that works well for us and don't mind sharing our experiences with others. I am not connected to Kholster in any way, other than by Paypal and the post office :)

I agree with RamRod - you gotta find what works for you.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    " I am not connected to Kholster in any way, other than by Paypal and the post office :) "

LOL Seems to be a common thread with many of us and many companies!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links