Remora Holster Review

Remora Holster Review

This is a discussion on Remora Holster Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Found a new holster on the Ruger LCP forum that I thought was pretty sharp and after getting mine, I wanted to share the review ...

Thread: Remora Holster Review

Remora Holster Review

Found a new holster on the Ruger LCP forum that I thought was pretty sharp and after getting mine, I wanted to share the review here.

www.remoraholsters.com

This is a clip-less IWB from Remora. I wasnít sure how well it would work, but the review I read on the LCP site was very encouraging so I went for it. The holster is made from a slip resistant material and there is no need for a clip. I ordered the 2A with sweat guard for me LCP and a double magazine pouch also.

I tried the holster with my LCP and it fits a little deeper than I like. I believe this is because of the extra material needed for the sweat guard. I am going to order another 2A, but without the sweat guard. This is a personal preference for me and not a design flaw with the holster. Looking at the holster, it appeared my G26 would fit it and I was right. Alan (owner) does make a holster for the Glock, but I wanted to experiment.

I wore the holster all day with my G26, and literally forgot it was there. I was wearing my Wilderness belt, but purposely left it a little looser than I normally wear IWB and there was no shifting or sagging. The holster stayed planted like it was glued to my pants. It was very easy to draw from and holstering will be a two handed operation because I didnít order the reinforced top for single handed holstering.

I experimented using my LCP in the holster while wearing shorts and sweat pants. Using just the drawstring to tighten the shorts and sweat pants the holster and gun were very secure even when I jumped up and down. I havenít tried this with my Glock, but I feel it would be just as secure.

Alan is a great guy to deal with and very fast to respond. I contacted him because the double magazine pouch was larger than I wanted. I wanted to exchange it for the 2pk single magazine pouch. Alan sent me a 2pk single pouch at no cost to me even though it was my error. I could send the 2A back and exchange it, but it works for my Glock so I plan on keeping it.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I've had my Remora for my G-30SF for about a month. I carry it on my weak side at about 2:30 with a lot of forward cant for cross draw. It works like a charm. Since I'm somewhat paranoid, I use an MIC to cover the trigger area and hook the cord over my belt. The draw is a "snap"!

I have one for my G36 and really like it. I'm getting my son one for his G23.

Quite a lot of discussion on this marvellous holster already.
    Check out
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...now-a-believer!!

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I thought about trying one but with the economy the way it is, I don't want to hurt the clip manufacturers.

Looks like a nice holster and I hope it works for you.
    I prefer some kind of attachment as in clip, loop, or hook. I also prefer holsters 'boned' for a particular gun, maybe that's just me.
    Different tastes make the world go round...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links