Need help with a High Noon IWB

This is a discussion on Need help with a High Noon IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just need a help with a few things just got my m&p 9c and a Desanti clip on IWB kydex and it digs me in ...

Thread: Need help with a High Noon IWB

Need help with a High Noon IWB

Just need a help with a few things just got my m&p 9c and a Desanti clip on IWB kydex and it digs me in the gut when i sit down or i'm in the car. Also when i'm wearing just plain old basketball shorts it seems like the gun just wants to fall off me like that one clip isn't enough. I was looking at the Crossbread Quickclip and i think its just over kill. I read somewhere about this guy having a High Noon Mr. softy and that seems right up my alley but then i found these others that are just like it. So here are the three i'm looking at

26.95 you cant beat that! But i feel like its going to be too soft and move around but i want softness but not that much i guess.

64.95 for cowhide and 104.95 for horsehide i would spring for the horsehide because i hear it holds up better and i live down south. Would horsehide be too firm and not give me that soft feeling but secure feeling i want? I really don't see the difference between this one and the public secret expect the public has that one extra piece of leather i assume its so the gun doesn't dig into you.

64.95 cowhide / 104.95 for horsehide, Hideaway is the public secret????

2. Remove Ads

I have a couple of the Mr. Softys; they're sort of a generic holster in that one size fits several guns (I assume the horsehide ones you're considering are the same). All my Softys required a little breaking-in/sizing with wax paper around the guns for a few hours or half a day. Its a fine holster and rides well, obviously not in the custom holster class. Having tried the Softys, I'd be tempted to try the horsehide models as they'd probably wear a little better. You can't go wrong for the money with a High Noon.

I also have a Crossbreed QuikClip, for my Glocks. Crossbreed is a fine company with quality products but the QuikClip just didn't work for me: it sags on the belt, depends on belt tension to retain the gun and was just too much hardware for me. The MicroClip looks tempting for my smaller guns but, with the one clip as well, I think it may sag too. However, in my research, I've never read a negative review of the Crossbreed Supertuck. But, again, too much hardware for me.

The hideaway looks likes it the one for me but for 150 bucks i might as well wear the Desanti clip on kydex and just put that 150 towards the 637 j-frame i want! S&W is doing a rebate till the 31st on pretty much all j-frame's and my store has them listed for 495 and bass pro 579. I figure even if i get a 150 dollar High noon holster that i'm going to get eventually its still not going to fix my gun sag with shorts without a belt problem regardless.

http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index....on=show_detail

And just call it a day! Along with a moonclip conversion that is!

Check out the Remora; it works with my Glocks in drawstring shorts or sweats. Threads are on this forum as well as others. Remora's not much on retention (neither is the Mr.Softy} but it sure is comfortable and perfect for a "grab-and-go" set-up.

Deaheat, the extra piece of leather is to protect the slide from body sweat, something I would not do without, since sometimes the holster rests against my skin. And you may want to try another position if the gun is digging you in the gut when you sit. More towards 3 o'clock.
    Quick word on the micro-clip CPO, the one offset clip does not secure the holster from pivoting out of your waistband. At least for me and at least one other member here who mentioned it.

Administrator
    I'd go with the public secret myself, and I have all three of the High Noon you mentioned. Great products... their clips are the best there is, but I highly doubt basketball shorts are going to give you enough support of a 9c no matter the holster. If there is any that could, the High Noon's can.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I've also used all of those holsters for my M&p .40c.
    The Public Secret was one that I really tried to like! I loved everything about it except the bulk of the leather, just too thick for me. The Hideaway is similar.
    I use the Hidden Ally, which is a tuckable Softy, and like it very much, with the caveat that it "does not" offer a full combat grip.
    Don't waste your money on Crossbreeds' quickclip, its too light for your gun. I'm wearing a Supertuck as I write, and its great! Though it can be a drag if you're driving very far. If you're willing to try this type of "double-clip" holster, the K-holster is a bit cheaper.
    As stated, High Noon's clips can't be beat!

But! Do what I did, many times actually, and order everything you're interested in from High Noon, and send back what you don't like. They're really good about it, and after all, its not like you can walk into a shop and check them out! That's just the way to do business these days. Shipping is cheap compared to a box full of holsters over a few years.

If I had to choose from these three, I'd go with the Public Secret. The full sweat shield and leather lining, are two of the many things I consider very important in a holster. The sweat shield protects you from your gun and vice-versa. A smooth out leather lining will protect your pistol and its finish better than any other platform.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

I have a mr softy and I love it. it is not too soft and it does not move around. I run it AIWB

I only have the High Noon Split Decision which is a tuckable version of the Mister Softy, except that it has a forward cant. If the holster is digging in to your gut you should try a different position. I carry my snubbie and my Glock 27 at about 4 o'clock. This is the most comfortable for me. I have a bit of a belly roll but anything behind the hip is much more comfortable. High Noon recommends forward cant holsters for anything past the hip, (3 o'clock or higher). I don't have a problem driving or sitting with this set up.
    If you determined to carry the gun more in front, like at 1 or 2 o'clock you might consider a negative cant holster where the gun grip is tilted to the rear. I don't think High Noon makes any with a negative cant, but you might consider asking if they could.

Links