Mag Holsters

Mag Holsters

This is a discussion on Mag Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am and always have been a revolver guy, have carried one for many years. Occasionally I carried a compact semi-auto 9mm or a 1911 ...

Thread: Mag Holsters

Mag Holsters

I am and always have been a revolver guy, have carried one for many years. Occasionally I carried a compact semi-auto 9mm or a 1911 compact and would just throw and extra mag in my back pocket. I recently picked up a CZ p-07 duty in .40 S&W and it's an amazing piece of machinery. I'm going to start carrying it quite a bit once I get some more practice with it. I bought a crossbreed supertuck for it since that's what I carry my other weapons in and wouldn't have it any other way. What can you guys suggest for a mag holster for my CZ? I've never used one so I'm asking the experts.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

If you want an IWB magazine holder (given that your Supertuck holster is IWB), then Tucker Gunleather has single and double mag pouches that are good. Here's the link to the double:

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/iwbdomagpo.html
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

I'm trying to find an inconspicuous looking cell-phone or multi-tool pouch to fit a GLOCK 19 magazine.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Some don't find the need for a mag holster, iwb Mexican.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I use a pocket carrier almost exclusively.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.as...&CatalogID=393

Kind of like "dedication to my Crossbreed," no matter what gun I'm using, there's a mag that where its supposed to be. I wouldn't be without a mag carrier though, being "indexed" is worth it for a fast reload, it protects from lint and dust, and some mags have a tendency to shuck out shells if they're not contained a bit. Kahr's are especially bad about that in my experience, but they're great weapons! Just have to pay attention to the system as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcmb View Post
    If you want an IWB magazine holder (given that your Supertuck holster is IWB), then Tucker Gunleather has single and double mag pouches that are good. Here's the link to the double:

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/iwbdomagpo.html
    I have one each for both my 1911 and my Glocks. Elegant work and affordable. 40 bucks IIRC.

VIP Member
    I use Galco mag holsters. For double stacks, I have single holsters and for single stack, double holsters.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Links