Reasonably priced canted IWB with snaps?

This is a discussion on Reasonably priced canted IWB with snaps? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh, man. Sorry to cause a stir with my imprecise wording. I SHOULD have said that I would buy the Don Hume snap-on holster in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reasonably priced canted IWB with snaps?

Oh, man. Sorry to cause a stir with my imprecise wording. I SHOULD have said that I would buy the Don Hume snap-on holster in the picture I posted if it had a forward cant. The problem with "security" wasn't the holster, it was the clip-on design. Although it's rare, my DH clip-on IWB can work itself up and off my belt, though usually only if I wear it anywhere forward of 3 o'clock.

So, my response to SigGuy229 was not intended to criticize his suggestion, but rather to ask if people thought it was necessary to leave the $40 price range (Don Hume) and go up to $80, i.e., if people thought there were problems with Don Hume holsters or those of similar price. My use of the word "reasonable" was admittedly vague. I guess I meant, I'm looking for an "L.L. Bean" holster (i.e., good, basic design, maybe not an heirloom but not junk), as opposed to a Filson (i.e., the best money can buy). But I can see why Jem102 saw my response to SigGuy229 as a criticism. No harm, no foul on anyone's responses. I'm grateful to everyone who chimed in and have a couple of good suggestions to work from now.

Oh, and someone asked what this would be used for: daily carry with a goal of strong concealment.

2. Remove Ads

Just for the heck of it. Take a look at the Silent Thunder holsters. We have a lot of VERY happy customers.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

I know that holster well... have 4 of them for different guns.... works much better than any of my others as far as I'm concerned. BUY IT, you'll like it. The slight fwd cant also makes it easier to conceal the gun. I have some clip ones too that I use at times, but I like these much better.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Sideguard makesa decent holster for the price, Concealco makes a fine holster has well that has snapped loops, very secure and comfortable for carry my revolvers, They make it for semiautos too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    The problem with "security" wasn't the holster, it was the clip-on design. Although it's rare, my DH clip-on IWB can work itself up and off my belt, though usually only if I wear it anywhere forward of 3 o'clock.
    I have the same problem with my Uncle Mike's IWB holstered. They are very comfortable and reasonably priced. however, the holstered gun worked loose and almost fell out. I am thinking about adding a snap and strap as in the above pictures.
    I have a leather one with a steel clip which works much better, however, the thin leather is a bit incomfotable with m 642 cylinder being wider and pokes me in the side.

Check out the Desantis 106 (leather, clip over belt, low price like $20, decent retention, adjustable cant)
    http://www.desantisholster.com/store...eltec/19-23-32
    and the Aker 151 (leather, 2 snaps, $50-60 range, forward cant, not adjustable)
    "on sale" here http://www.copquest.com/24-5650.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links