Reasonably priced canted IWB with snaps?

This is a discussion on Reasonably priced canted IWB with snaps? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking, basically, for this with a forward cant. h715msoot_MED.jpg Any ideas? The image is of the Don Hume H715-M.S.O. I was using the clip-on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reasonably priced canted IWB with snaps?

Reasonably priced canted IWB with snaps?

I'm looking, basically, for this with a forward cant.

h715msoot_MED.jpg

Any ideas?

The image is of the Don Hume H715-M.S.O. I was using the clip-on variant of this model (H715-M W.C.), and it did not turn out to be as secure as I wanted.

2. Remove Ads

Have you checked out www.ubgholsters.com ? Nate does great work..
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Thanks, the Canute looks like what I have in mind, BUT: it's twice as much as the Don Hume example. Why is that? Are Don Humes really not as good? I have to say that I've never really noticed anyone mention how great Don Humes are in a holster-recommendation thread. I can't speak to their long-term quality, but the three I've purchased from them seem well-made and the turnaround time is really fast (if they have it in stock).

Well, all I can say is Nate does all of his own work by hand (if you will), and I've been extremely pleased with the quality his work and turn-around time. But like any good holster-maker, you will pay (and possibly wait) for quality.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post

h715msoot_MED.jpg

Any ideas?

The image is of the Don Hume H715-M.S.O. I was using the clip-on variant of this model (H715-M W.C.), and it did not turn out to be as secure as I wanted.
    You ask a question and got an answer...then you want to debate the reply and justify your current expenditures on the product you have in hand...

"and it did not turn out to be as secure as I wanted." Was your statement...

You get what you pay for and a mass producer is not a custom producer. If you like your current product and think its the best for the money why look elsewhere let alone ask for options?
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Ishmael, define your idea of "reasonably priced."
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    You ask a question and got an answer...then you want to debate the reply and justify your current expenditures on the product you have in hand...

"and it did not turn out to be as secure as I wanted." Was your statement...

You get what you pay for and a mass producer is not a custom producer. If you like your current product and think its the best for the money why look elsewhere let alone ask for options?
    Sounds like the guy is trying to learn. Sounded more to me like he was asking questions, not so much debating. He may not be as knowledgeable or experienced as the "Senior Members." Is it really that hard to help instead of challenge? Has he hurt you or your sensibilities in some way? For what it's worth, I am from TN as well and that just ain't Southern Hospitality.

Distinguished Member
    Really, jem, lay off the guy.

He wants the best holster he can afford. And who can blame him?

And Ishmael, one you may want to look at is the Sideguard Minimal Snap. It looks about like what you're after, and the can't is available from 0-15 degrees. I costs $35, and I've heard no complaints about Sideguard's quality.

h715msoot_MED.jpg

Any ideas?

You didn't say what gun you need the holster for, but if you search EBay using the terms "ultimate iwb holster", you will find AKJ/Concealco's value line holster. It uses two loops, has adjustable cant and is ambidextrous. It is very concealable, comfortable, and secure. I have several of them and think they are great. I have used the Don Hume you pictured, and it too is a very good holster, but only available in straight drop.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Cool

Not really inexpensive but well worth the price. High Noon Downunder.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...er_straps.html

Less expensive but with a clip. Clip holds very well. I have three for various guns.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...are_asset.html
    Last edited by Old School; December 18th, 2010 at 06:23 PM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

You can check out my Minimal Snap $35 or Quick Snap $50 and you can have it any cant you want.

http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/QuickSnap.htm
    http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/MinSnap.htm
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Sounds like the guy is trying to learn. Sounded more to me like he was asking questions, not so much debating. He may not be as knowledgeable or experienced as the "Senior Members." Is it really that hard to help instead of challenge? Has he hurt you or your sensibilities in some way? For what it's worth, I am from TN as well and that just ain't Southern Hospitality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Really, jem, lay off the guy.

He wants the best holster he can afford. And who can blame him?

And Ishmael, one you may want to look at is the Sideguard Minimal Snap. It looks about like what you're after, and the can't is available from 0-15 degrees. I costs $35, and I've heard no complaints about Sideguard's quality.
    OK,OK I stand corrected.

Thanks, the Canute looks like what I have in mind, BUT: it's twice as much as the Don Hume example. Why is that? Are Don Humes really not as good? I have to say that I've never really noticed anyone mention how great Don Humes are in a holster-recommendation thread. I can't speak to their long-term quality, but the three I've purchased from them seem well-made and the turnaround time is really fast (if they have it in stock).
    Ishmael, I have used Don Hume products over the years and they are "serviceable". If that is your price range you will most likely not do better as to overall quality. When you go to custom makers you get better fit, comfort and aesthetics such as edge finish, stitching, fastener/loop quality, leather finish and color consistency. The big difference is you get a holster that fits "you" better to the point its almost forgotten. All these items have a value...

I have listed a maker that I started getting holsters from several years ago. "I" believe his select grades are the best for the "money" as to comfort, conceal ability and quality I have owned and I have some very nice holsters from various makers that cost more.

http://www.greatholsters.com/
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Ishmael:

Check out the FastNLight here:
    www.bernieholster.com

He does real nice work, and the cant might be what you are looking for.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

jem,

That is essentially the same holster I recommended to the OP. Since he seemed concerned about cost, I suggested the "Value Line" which ,for now, is available only through EBay. I have some of each "Value Line" and "Select". The "Select" holsters are definitely prettier and may have more detailed boning, but both are very serviceable.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links