SW40VE / Crossbreed Supertuck

This is a discussion on SW40VE / Crossbreed Supertuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been carrying my SW40VE in a Crossbreed Supertuck for about a month now. I've made some adjustments in clip position and body carry position ...

I've been carrying my SW40VE in a Crossbreed Supertuck for about a month now. I've made some adjustments in clip position and body carry position (from 3:00 to 5:00 position). Just curious on how other folks that use this holster have their's set up in terms of clip and body position. Thanks in advance!

Hi delta, welcome to the forum from a fellow Michigander. I carry an SR9c in a Shielded Holsters IWB hybrid holster that is very similar to the CBST. The leather backing is shaped a bit differently but everything else is pretty much the same. I have had it for a few months now and did the adjust-wear-adjust thing for a few days. I finally landed on the forward clip one position lower than the rear to give it a bit more forward cant. I found the 4:00 position, just behind my hip, to be the most comfortable and most concealable even with a tighter fitting shirt.

Seems that about 3:30 to 4:30 is the most ideal and comfortable for me. If mine is and inch or two off on my belt, I can definately feel the difference and comfort level. It's just a matter of finding out exactly where it fits and feels the best.

VIP Member
    delta1679,

First of all, welcome from Lansing!

Next, the CBST is the only IWB I use. It just works for me. I usually carry large frame pistols so I like mine to ride just at belt level. Depending on the particular gun, usually a 4.25" 1911, I like it right at 9:00 (3:00 for the righties).

Lastly, where and how I or anyone else sets up his or her carry is meaningless. You just need to go through the trial and error for yourself. I am not you, nor is anyone else.

That said, enjoy the Crossbreed.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate it. Very good point as well in terms of finding the solution that works for me specifically. I suppose I was simpy looking for some different options I hadn't tried yet. I did try adjusting the forward cant this weekend which really made a big difference. Much more comfortable especially in the 3:30 position.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterborne View Post
    I carry an SR9c in a Shielded Holsters IWB hybrid holster that is very similar to the CBST. The leather backing is shaped a bit differently but everything else is pretty much the same. I have had it for a few months now and did the adjust-wear-adjust thing for a few days. I finally landed on the forward clip one position lower than the rear to give it a bit more forward cant. I found the 4:00 position, just behind my hip, to be the most comfortable and most concealable even with a tighter fitting shirt.
    I ordered the same holster recently- 50.00 and it was in my mailbox in only 3 days! Now to "adjust-wear-adjust", find that sweet spot and break it in...

Links