Kangaroo holster review?

Kangaroo holster review?

This is a discussion on Kangaroo holster review? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone use a kangaroo shoulder holster?? if so what do you think about it. I ordered one and am waiting for it to come in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kangaroo holster review?

Kangaroo holster review?

Anyone use a kangaroo shoulder holster?? if so what do you think about it. I ordered one and am waiting for it to come in the mail. I ordered the smallest one to carry my Ruger LCP for a back up.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Mine worked okay but I sold it when it started to give me man boobs.

ironmike86 likes this.

HAhaha.. are you sure the holster gave them to you??

You need the 'Bro' with a holster (as seen on Seinfeld).
    nedrgr21 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    BTW, it works great if you don't wear anything over it....:)

retsupt 99, I think have just given us a new product line, the Bro holster. Men, support the 2A and yourself, buy a Bro holster. I better stop before I get an infraction point.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You need the 'Bro' with a holster (as seen on Seinfeld).

The "brolster"?

anyone use these brolsters??

Chazeman2
    All kidding aside (and there is good kidding material here), I own a Kangaroo holster. Bought it about 3 years ago. They are well made and the shoulder strap does keep the handgun from dragging the whole rig down. I wanted something that gave deep concealment for either my Kahr CW9 or S&W 640. It held either just fine and allows concealment even under a fairly close fitting shirt. You'll like it just fine in the proper situation.

With that said, I've only used it 4 or 5 times when I was really paranoid about concealment. Most of the time, I do just fine with an OWB holster for my M&P 9C or a pocket holster for a KelTec P3AT. Don't carry the CW or 640 too much anymore.

The Kangaroo is not very comfortable and, in Florida during the summer, tends to get wet and sticky very fast. I found that in cooler weather, if worn over a tight undershirt and beneath a larger shirt, the sweat issue goes away and man-boobs are held in check.
    Last edited by LAFLA; December 23rd, 2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: spelling error

I've thoroughly searched Fist's gun list and I'm sorry to report that they do not make the "Brolster"...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I've thoroughly searched Fist's gun list and I'm sorry to report that they do not make the "Brolster"...
    A momentous occasion. Retsupt has admitted that FIST does not make a better version of another holster!

I've been looking for a "shoulder holster" for some time for a specific limited use. When I need to wear a long heavy jacket, it would be very difficult to get to an owb or iwb holster.

I think the Bianchi x-15 or something similar would be good, but they are quite expensive for something that isn't going to be used very often.

I tried the DeSantis Bodyguard Vest Rig, but it doesn't quite work. With a little re-engineering, it has possibilities.

After seeing this thread, I started looking in to the Kangaroo. I ended up ordering one and it came yesterday. I wore it this morning while walking the dogs, and it appears that it is going to work quite well for my particular use. It is comfortable, and it holds my FNP-9 in place quite well. I can get to the gun quite quickly if I unzip the jacket a little way.

For me, it probably would not work well under a shirt since I am left-handed, and men's shirts button the wrong way for easy gun access by lefties.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    A momentous occasion. Retsupt has admitted that FIST does not make a better version of another holster!
    It must be.............The END of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!! Oops.....I meant the end of the world...........Oh well..........

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I've been looking for a "shoulder holster" for some time for a specific limited use. When I need to wear a long heavy jacket, it would be very difficult to get to an owb or iwb holster.

I think the Bianchi x-15 or something similar would be good, but they are quite expensive for something that isn't going to be used very often.

I tried the DeSantis Bodyguard Vest Rig, but it doesn't quite work. With a little re-engineering, it has possibilities.

After seeing this thread, I started looking in to the Kangaroo. I ended up ordering one and it came yesterday. I wore it this morning while walking the dogs, and it appears that it is going to work quite well for my particular use. It is comfortable, and it holds my FNP-9 in place quite well. I can get to the gun quite quickly if I unzip the jacket a little way.

For me, it probably would not work well under a shirt since I am left-handed, and men's shirts button the wrong way for easy gun access by lefties.
    What about pocket carry in your coat? I wear a slim fitting medium length trenchcoat when it's cold out, and it is double breasted so it is impractical for me to carry anywhere but my front pockets. So this is the one situation I pocket carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazeman2 View Post
    Anyone use a kangaroo shoulder holster?? if so what do you think about it. I ordered one and am waiting for it to come in the mail. I ordered the smallest one to carry my Ruger LCP for a back up.
    Chazeman2,

I wrote about them in a different thread, but here is the gist of it:

For months, I tried to carry IWB (using a proper gunbelt) in various positions, and had nothing but constant pain. Sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on the position of the holster, and what I was doing, but always painful.

I tried to tell myself that it wasn't that bad, and thought about that very expression to try to work thru the pain. I went from trying a S&W 457, to a S&W 3913, to a KelTec PF-9, thinking that if I could find a pistol light enough/small enough that it would work.

It got to the point that, not only could I not wear IWB, but I couldn't wear a belt at all; went to using suspenders to keep my pants up!

Part of the reason for all that pain was some tenderness in my kidneys from several operations; in fact, I just had another kidney operation two weeks ago, so I doubt I'll ever be able to wear an IWB holster for any more than an hour or so.

Anyway, all of this is relevant since I do have a suggestion for you...Kangaroo Concealed Carry Holster. If you're not familiar with it, it's a kind of hybrid of a shoulder holster and a belly band, but doesn't have the bad factors of either. I can carry the 457 for hours in it without a problem; same with either of the other two pistols. It looks kinda goofy, but I wear it over a t-shirt, and under a dress shirt, and no one (except my wife) ever sees it.

It's not as fast in the draw as a traditional IWB holster at 3 o'clock, but I can draw from concealment and hit a 4" circle with 3 shots from 6 yards in about 3.6 seconds on average (my average for the 3 o'clock draw is about 2.8 seconds), so it's not bad.

And it's inexpensive, so trying it out won't break the bank.

If you want more info on how I set it up, let me know in a PM (using a cover garment with snaps instead of buttons).

I have no connection to Kangaroo, but I love that holster!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links